What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maloney

SilentOne

Juniors
I disagree that the field goal was fine.

How about continuing to attack? 1:30 left and were on last tackle, so why not try get a repeat set? I think the field goal set a chain reaction that instantly made them clock off, thinking they'll head into the sheds 18-0.

Yeah we looked weak on the edges, but in that first half when the warriors had the ball up until that field goal they were easily on top.

TheDMC

Bench
While I certainly think Maloney has limitations, in his defence, he was about the only player running at holes...

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah Maloney worst on field for me- second week in a row. His kicking game was a bad joke.

L Brown
B Tupou
O Slaimankhel
J Lillyman
B Henry

They were all comfortably, COOMMMMMMFFFFOOOORRRRTTTAAAAAABBBBLLLLLYYYY, worse than Maloney out there. Would probably put Sione Lousi into that group as well.

Iafeta

Referee
Inu would have done us good on the wing. FMD.

Agreed. For such a magnificent motivator, it was humorous that Brian McClueless had no idea on how to motivate Krisnan Inu and instead gave up and thought he'd be a good little boy playing reggies while we converted another backrower into a centre.

what ever

Juniors
so with what we are seeing can we see Johnson running the team next year? The reason why i am saying this is... he goes missing in action an awful lot. There is no doubt a great player when he wants to play. How long will it be before he realizes the importance of his position. We can't keep blaming just Maloney.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
L Brown
B Tupou
O Slaimankhel
J Lillyman
B Henry

They were all comfortably, COOMMMMMMFFFFOOOORRRRTTTAAAAAABBBBLLLLLYYYY, worse than Maloney out there. Would probably put Sione Lousi into that group as well.

Tbh I was a bit drunk so I could be wrong and all them guys were poor and made individual errors but the thing that stood out to me was maloneys option taking and kicking game- at 18-0 all we needed was someone to steer us round the field and a put a decent kick on the end of our sets. Thought he let them off the hook.

Last edited:

WarriorDefence

Juniors
so with what we are seeing can we see Johnson running the team next year? The reason why i am saying this is... he goes missing in action an awful lot. There is no doubt a great player when he wants to play. How long will it be before he realizes the importance of his position. We can't keep blaming just Maloney.

I had the chance to talk to someone from the coaching staff when they were on the gold coast and I put a few questions to him. One was about TL, he said the reason they chased him was because he's a great communicator and we don't have any talkers in the team. They think he's gonna compliment sj well. Let's see.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Tbh I was a bit drunk so I could be wrong and all them guys were poor and made individual errors but the thing that stood out to me was maloneys option taking and kicking game- at 18-0 all we needed was someone to steer us round the field and a put a decent kick on the end of our sets. Thought he let them off the hook.

beefstew

Juniors

This is why you cant have two generals on the field at once, especially when their roles aren't clearly defined..."too many cooks spoil the broth".

what ever

Juniors
I had the chance to talk to someone from the coaching staff when they were on the gold coast and I put a few questions to him. One was about TL, he said the reason they chased him was because he's a great communicator and we don't have any talkers in the team. They think he's gonna compliment sj well. Let's see.

Fingers crossed then. Looking at Pita Godinet good player but not an organiser. Think Isaac John was when he was in the Vulcans. Not sure about Carlos... but they are training him up as a centre these days. Also too young. But when you watched the U20's with Carlos/johnson you could see they had alot more respect for Carlo. That's not putting Shaun down just an observation!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Maloney hopeless again- 3 shockers in a row

You think so? I didn't see it that way. He was much better allround tonight than last week.

Kicked 3/4 too.

Notice when the chips were down he did the talking too, Manu was no captain tonight.

Abdullah

Juniors
maloney play good I reckon...only usless dumb ass around him like taylor and bigger dumb ass topou who make other manly wing look like champion of champions. but king of dumb ass is ballhead bluey...why bring one leg hurrel on??

penrose 06

Juniors
Not only was Manu no skipper but Bluey was no coach.

To be fair, i thought James played pretty well leading aroung the park. Again its our sideline D where we leak so many if not all our points. What were they thinking bringing Hurrell abck on ?

kos

Juniors
Maloney is an Aussie and cops it because of that.
I thought his kicking over 60% of the game was great. He did not lose us the game or Manu.
It was Blueys rotation of players the lateness in Auckland time/bed time and our defence on Tupous side that caused the loss.
Not good for my blood pressure watching the boys give up good leads.
Anyone know when Sammy Rapira/Steve Rapira/Ropati are back, have we got anyone to replace Tupou..........are Omar/Fish over their injuries.
i think we are a couple of quality players short in our back line.........maybe Inu should have been kept........he might have owned Matai like he did in last years GF.....but we will never know.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
While the Hurrell decision didn't help, what the f**k happened to our defensive line that suddenly had Maloney, Hurrell and Tupou defending almost half of the damn field at times?

The amount of space we give the opposition is horrendous.

Latest posts