What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly - 16000

elbusto

Coach
you guys notice how not many of the regular manly fans havent posted yet? its cause they havent got home yet.

now you know why we dont travel out of the beaches. 1 road in, 1 road out, 2 lanes most of the way.
I am sure both of them will be back shortly.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Unusual for a home final for the Crows not to sell out. Nothing unusual at all about Manly fans not showing up.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The 'small 4', Cronulla, Manly, Penrith and Roosters are always going to struggle to pull crowds against the likes of the cowboys and titans in Sydney.
So what to do?

All members of any club allowed in free? Special NRL finals membership packages? 16000 for a final is not great.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'm not so sure, banks of empty seats in Adelaide. Its certainly more than at tonights game, but both games look at negatively by respective HQs.

yep
just 31,420 at the vicky kicky

at least our game got wot was expected
their crowd was about 15,000 down on the anticipated turnout :lol::lol::lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
you all want your tribalism and small suburban teams, don't fricking complain when those same small teams get into the finals and their small fanbases barley fill two stands!

firechild

First Grade
Was there even a single Cowpats fan there? I didn't see a single jersey in the crowd. I'd guarantee if the game was in Townsville there'd be more Manly fans there than there was Cows fans tonight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The crowd is an indictment on Sydney in general. It's a sudden death semifinal with some amazing players in it. People from all over the city should be keen to watch it.

There are better players in tomorrow's game, plus it is Friday an it was cold all day

Teddyboy

First Grade
you all want your tribalism and small suburban teams, don't fricking complain when those same small teams get into the finals and their small fanbases barley fill two stands!

Agree there are too many short sighted folk who go on about the $$$$deal and 3 SOO games yet they don't want to see the bigger picture.
The NRL has been well below par this year and I really don't know where the game is going.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I love how Queenslanders assume fans of Sydney teams will show up to a game just because it features another team from Sydney. Doesn't work that way. Free tickets might do it, but the better way is either discounted entry for members of any NRL club, or the suggested finals packages. Or both.

How many Perth fans would there have been at the game if they were in the comp playing tonight? Even if only 2000k NQ's fans that's a good effort, considering that even here in QLD 90% of thee fan base are up in NQ. Manly, Manly League's and their board were at fault tonight. Any other Sydney suburban team would have got 25k+ including Sharks due to their recently lack of finals appearances. This was all Manly. If 20k can turn up to brookie, why not to SFS?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Was there even a single Cowpats fan there? I didn't see a single jersey in the crowd. I'd guarantee if the game was in Townsville there'd be more Manly fans there than there was Cows fans tonight.

And there would be a f**k load more Cowboys fans at Suncorp then Manly fans at the SFS tonight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I love how Queenslanders assume fans of Sydney teams will show up to a game just because it features another team from Sydney. Doesn't work that way. Free tickets might do it, but the better way is either discounted entry for members of any NRL club, or the suggested finals packages. Or both.

The best idea would be to not play week 2 and 3 finals on Fridays! However that might be too sensible I guess..

Clifferd

Coach
Well the NRL got what they wanted, now all 5 of Manlys fans can turn up to the Melboring prelim final next friday

Latest posts