What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

mickdo

Coach
http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/56500/douglas-send-off-the-wrong-call-finch/default.aspx

NRL.com said:
Douglas send-off the 'wrong call': Finch

National Rugby League Referees Coach Robert Finch has conceded that the actions of Sharks player Luke Douglas at Brookvale Oval on Sunday did not warrant a “send-off” despite the forward today being charged with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle.

Mr Finch has said that the consistency of rulings by referees this year should have seen the matter placed on report and a penalty awarded on-field.

“It was a harsh decision in the circumstances and you can understand the Sharks being upset,” Mr Finch said.

“Having reviewed all the vision and audio, it is clear that the video referee, Phil Cooley, suggested the matter certainly deserved being put on report and that the referee made his own decision from there in terms of the send-off, which he is entitled to do.

“I respect the fact that Phil Haines is prepared to make decisions but we also have to accept when they are wrong.

“He’s a good referee who will learn from the experience and this won’t have any impact on future decisions by other referees.

“Send-offs remain there for an important reason and if the referee has a clear view of an illegal act that warrants a send-off then he should use the send-off rule.

“If he is in doubt as to either the circumstances or severity of the offence then he has the option of placing a player on report.

“These are options that the referees have used extremely well for the most part of the season and there won’t be any change to their approach going forward.”

Finch, just piss off. Please.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Grade 1 Careless High Tackle
Out of interest how many of these have there been this year?

Also glad to see Donnelly getting headbutted in the shoulder dissmissed.

Of course Kite did not get charged for his hit on Brown, which was
a Careless High Tackle

Disco

Bench
Okay, so firstly, as a Manly fan, i'll certianly take the two points, and this will certianly make me forget about the Titans game

But secondly and more importantly, you do have to feel for the Sharks, they clearly outplayed us and showed great spirit. If i was a Sharks fan i'd be hopping mad as well

As for those Hating on Manly, well, its hardly our fault

As for those saying Manly are given the rub of the green etc, you are idiots. I mean obviously this game was atrocious but your just being silly if you thinks its part of some big conspiracy

Evenflow

Bench
geez success certainly brings hatred doesn't it - 40 nil really hurt alot of people.

Sorry to disappoint princess but most people who hate Manly scum now hated them a long long time before that game. But you already knew that didn't you....

^_^

Juniors
LOL princess they where always hated because of their success. 40-0 just hurt the storm fans the most :D

Evenflow

Bench
LOL princess they where always hated because of their success.

bullsh*t. Many people hate the Sharks and they've won sweet f**k all so there goes that idea. No offence Sharks fans, that was more to shoot this blokes theory down than what it was to have a go at your club.

^_^

Juniors
Evenflow you are a genius :roll: You even stated Manly was hated way before last years GF, now the reason the Eagles are so hated is because in the 70's-90's they got all the alleged leg ups from the refs during the periods they won most of their premierships.....i think the word for that is success. Hence my first comment, nothing to do with the Sharks you idiot, please stfu and stop trying to shoot things down.

Last edited:

Evenflow

Bench
Evenflow you are a genius :roll: You even stated Manly was hated way before last years GF, now the reason the Eagles are so hated is because in the 70's-90's they got all the alleged leg ups from the refs during the periods they won most of their premierships.....i think the word for that is success. Hence my first comment, nothing to do with the Sharks you idiot, please stfu and stop trying to shoot things down.

Way to miss the point f**k knuckle :lol: Not surprising given you're a Manly fan.

^_^

Juniors
Your point is invalid the sharks are not liked by rival fans nothing to do with success or failures unlike the Eagles who are despised for the outcomes of some games in the past.

Last edited:

^_^

Juniors
Everyone who is old enough would know why Manly is hated dont try to associate that with the Sharks never having won anything to make a point cause thats bullsh*t, all teams are hated all on dif degrees and like the case of the Storm over the previous 3 years success creates jealousy and hatred from rivals.....fmd your point was sh*t.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
love the jealousy on this page

There's no jealousy.

You are Manly scum. You are also too stupid to realise that your club is the lowest of the low - stooping to any means to win even if the game itself is damaged.

That's nothing to be proud of - that's a disgrace. You're just too dumb to realise it - like every other Manly moron.

I enjoy tearing you Manly scum a new one because (a) it's the right thing to do and (b) it amuses me. It is a community service.

Die Manly Scum!

eagles4eva

Coach
Ronnie the tool continues his dribble, you post more posts about Manly than Manly supporter, are you sure your not a closest Manly supporter????

ManlyMania

Juniors
There's no jealousy.

You are Manly scum. You are also too stupid to realise that your club is the lowest of the low - stooping to any means to win even if the game itself is damaged.

That's nothing to be proud of - that's a disgrace. You're just too dumb to realise it - like every other Manly moron.

I enjoy tearing you Manly scum a new one because (a) it's the right thing to do and (b) it amuses me. It is a community service.

Die Manly Scum!

I have a team - you dont. :crazy:

Latest posts