What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

gronkathon

First Grade
I don't usually whinge about ref's.. Even though they are sh*t and need a massive cleanout or rethink about the way they judge the game, I reckon everyone gets their fair share of bad calls and it all evens out in the end.

But FMD if that wasn't the worst refereeing performance in living memory....

Can anyone come up with a worse one?

If the ref's are fair dinkum anbd are trying to do a good job, then they certainly made themselves look like cheats yesterday. Says alot.

Shane Hayne Raiders V Tigers 2004. The single worse display of reffing ever.

The only time I have seen an opposition look ashamed to have won a game

the worst thing is this.

forget the elbows on topps. forget the hit on hughes..which to be fair i dunno if watnough could pull out of that..forget the mitch brown high shot.

were a team of rookie players. rookies next to rookies. so many players missing through, injury, sacking etc.

and they send off our most reliable performer for a lazy at worst tackle?

its just not fair!

drake

First Grade
Sharks were dicked, hard. Manly could have brought chainsaws onto the field and be let go.

Felt sorry for Covell, but good on him for ripping in.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'll definitely have to catch a replay of this one. The twin reaction of some Manly fans acknowledging they got a helping hand, and the other being smug dickheads about it, convinces me the majority opinion is on the money.

mickdo

Coach
Hopefully the MRC pick up a few things from that game, although given the way it went I won't be holding my breath

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's bad for the game.

REF's boss and NRL boss are also and should be sacked.. and if you think thats an over reaction then sit back and watch the finals series.

It will happen again.

ManlyMania

Juniors
These Manly scum have been the rub of the greeen for 30 years.

Biggest grubs in teh league like Watmong, Natai and Snake - yet, especially at Brokevale, they are always carried by the officials. Manly hold players down more than any other team in the league - but are the least penalised, meaning their defence setup co stanbtly gets an unfair advantage.

The fraud perpetrated yesterday is nothing new.

By rights, Manly will get smashed out of the semis week 1. But, with the officials working for them, who knows?

What is worst - that prick Hasler whining after every game even tho these Manly scum get such a legup from officials.

love seeing you worked up - i know the 40-0 still burns the most but this must have come close for you.:D

as for ricky although hes right this time hes "cried wolf" every other week so no credibility there....although des does the same but not as bad.........anyone thinking the refs got told to do this or do that are just petulant youngsters with no idea - refs had a bad game - end of story - weve been on the other end before.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I was there at the game, went with a Sharks supporter, one of the worst decision "that send off" 16 penalties for the game was a joke.

The ref’s were a joke, Manly was lucky to win, no doubt, but it wasn’t rigged, wasn’t Manly getting a leg up, it was two refs who had no idea, and yes home crowd advantage does work, but overall those two pink tossers had a shockers.

And all the posters on here blaming Manly for those two pink fools, get over yourselves, we have been on the receiving end of stupid decisions.

And to Cronulla, great effort with 12 players, I can’t stand Gallen, but that was one hell of a game.

I was there at the game, went with a Sharks supporter, one of the worst decision "that send off" 16 penalties for the game was a joke.

The ref’s were a joke, Manly was lucky to win, no doubt, but it wasn’t rigged, wasn’t Manly getting a leg up, it was two refs who had no idea, and yes home crowd advantage does work, but overall those two pink tossers had a shockers.

And all the posters on here blaming Manly for those two pink fools, get over yourselves, we have been on the receiving end of stupid decisions.

And to Cronulla, great effort with 12 players, I can’t stand Gallen, but that was one hell of a game.

Mate you should be sent off for this post..........you should know by now, that common sense goes out the window, where Manly is concerned

good post

StormChaser

First Grade
Jaysus! looks like Manly have replaced teh Storm as most hated and biggest "grubs". LOLtastic!! You nubs would turn on your own mothers!!!!

Rockin Ronny

Juniors

That's the point, Einstein. Manly are never in a position where referees cost them a game. Manly scum always get a legup from referees.

This is why everyone hates the Manly scum.

eagles4eva

First Grade
Ronny the complete tool, where were these leg-ups against the titans?????

And replace the storm as the biggest grubs, dont think sooo, the KFC kings "how about another chicken wing with your order Mr Smith!!!!

CharlieF

Juniors
Jaysus! looks like Manly have replaced teh Storm as most hated and biggest "grubs". LOLtastic!! You nubs would turn on your own mothers!!!!

You will find that is was the Sharks who had a player sent off and one put on report for grubby hits to the head, but hey, each to their own.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Many have put the sharks as a blemish to the nrl after all the off field crap but that effort yesterday was something that all players in blue involved should be proud of for along time. I can sympathize with the shire supporters being a cowboys supporter who has spent years in the early 00's watching refs and video refs who considered a trip to townsville a punishment and just rape a team thats already on the bottom or close to it giving it everything to a much "superior" side on a regular basis. Compared to the roosters you definately do not deserve the spoon and compare your effort this weekend to the roosters you would think guys were playing off for a top 4 spot as opposed to filling in the time between now and the end of year trip.

You should struggle to remember who reffed the game you just watched as thats how much input they should have to the result, worse thing is it wasnt the only results the refs had a hand in, broncs got a try off a forward pass then another given by the video ref for a knockon and if the stuffup from the kick off in the storm game with white and slater had of happened in a game where there wasn't a 5 try difference in the score and in maybe a knockout semi it would have been an absolute embarassment.

And if it wasnt for the guy im up against not knowing mannering was out this week i would have lost my fantasy preliminary final as 20 points are taking off for a send off and douglas left me with -2. Would have wrecked a whole years worth of work for me lol

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
grubby hits to the head,
hahahahaha.

f**ken Kite run up and headbutts Donnelly's shoulder and Donnelly gets gets penalised, the report will be dismissed. Kite then hits Brown high with a forearm and nothing is done.

Sums up the refs in that game. Incompetent fools.

Latest posts