What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

fred92

Juniors
How dare those Cronulla reserve graders lead the defending premiers 10-0 after 20 minutes and interfere with the Brett Stewart comeback. Let's send off Luke Douglas to get Manly back into the game, but we'll ignore anything Manly does like Watmough taking Hughes out late and injuring him. Then we'll award Manly tries off forward passes.

Once again the refs interfere with the flow of a game
What did you expect Al, the N.R.L. strive to get as many teams as possible into the semis, whenever a team with no chance of qualifying plays a team with a chance to reach the playoffs, your team will always be the loser. Iwatched the game, was disgusted, but certainly not surprised at the refs decisions. I read this week Fittler saying we have won the penalty count 8 times in our last 46 games. dont take it personally Al teams the N.R.L sees teams like ours at the bottom of the table as canon fodder for the refs.

Patsy

Juniors
at the end of the day a player got knocked out and didn't return to the field - not the 1st player to be sent off for this.

Special K

Coach
at the end of the day a player got knocked out and didn't return to the field - not the 1st player to be sent off for this.
If that is the rule then why wasn't Watmought sent off after his late shot which knocked Hughes out?

Patsy keep digging that hole deeper mate :eek:

sputneek

Juniors

We need consistency in the game though. That wasn't deserving of a send-off and I doubt on any normal day that would've been a send-off.

lol how does the ref know he wouldnt return though ??? he could of been faking it (i know he wasnt but the decsion was made very quick)

plus it was just a high carless tackle that happens in everygame and players do not get sent of for them

Nullajet

Juniors
want some tissues !!!!!!

What a tool you are!!

If the sharks had beaten Manly under the same conditions, id be ashamed accepting the win..Id take it for sure..but I wouldnt be in here trying to justify what everyone with half a brain saw was an absolute carve up!!!

We'll see who is wanting tissues when Manly take that same form into the finals and the refs cant help them get out of the hole theyre in!!!

zaku

Juniors
lol
1.your first try was off a overlap cause douglas was sent off for no reason
2.your 2nd try was off a forward pass that was so forward it should of been a pentaty to cronulla
3.mitch brown was hit high nothing comes of it,manly player gets hit in a great ball and all tackle and its a penalty,ellis pulled of 5-6 of those same style tackles last night they are not worth a penalty

the ref gave you guys every thing and you still could barley beat the sharks:lol:

A win is a win mate, Manly fans are the ones laughing!! I didnt think it was woth a send off, but Bailey didnt come back so i reckon fair enough.... Dont like the inconsistency though. Make up all the excuses you guys like!!!
Everyone loves giving it to manly fans when we make up excuses....well enjoy talking about it on mad monday while manly are still playing! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Dodger

First Grade
i wouldn't be laughing.

you played a team thats been flogged in their past few games, and you struggled even with an extra player the whole game.

i can't see manly making a dent this year.

what i found very disturbing in that game was, the manly fans applauding a man that crash tackles teenage girls.

Nullajet

Juniors
i wouldn't be laughing.

you played a team thats been flogged in their past few games, and you struggled even with an extra player the whole game.

what i found very disturbing in that game was, the manly fans applauding a man that crash tackles teenage girls.

and the rest !!!

Yeah i found that quite distasteful...nearly as disturbing as the refereeing!!

BWNB

First Grade
wooden-spoon.png

Tosser.

zaku

Juniors
i wouldn't be laughing.

Not laughing at manly's performance, but at the oppostion supporters whinging about it.
I bet u couldnt see cronulla going so crap either. Enjoy the spoon buddy!
Dont know what your talking about on the last one, you from Aus?? innocent till proven guilty buddy.
:clap: Applaude that

Nullajet

Juniors
Not laughing at manly's performance, but at the oppostion supporters whinging about it.
I bet u couldnt see cronulla going so crap either. Enjoy the spoon buddy!
Dont know what your talking about on the last one, you from Aus?? innocent till proven guilty buddy.
:clap: Applaude that

im sure the young lady involved and her family thought the applause was very Australian!!!

Tool number 2 on this thread!

CharlieF

Juniors
If that is the rule then why wasn't Watmought sent off after his late shot which knocked Hughes out?

Patsy keep digging that hole deeper mate :eek:

One was legal and one was illegal. The hit hit to the head, whether deliberate or not, in this circumstance, was just to much to let go. He hit him flush and true directly in the head. There was no accidental arm slipping up over the shoulder, it was bang, here you go, straight in the head and down you go. Anybody can easily fake an accidental high hit to the head, just go in like Douglas did. Thank god there are rules to counter this, as much as everyone is against them.

Hughes was not knocked out, he had his ribs broken, in a legal tackle.

Cronulla played well, their intention was to go out there a knock the crap out of everyone and everything. Sometimes it works, but sometimes you have players sent off and it can get out of hand. Thats the game they chose to play. Don't blame Manly for your results.

Meth

Staff member
I'm a Warriors fan- the Sharks should have won that game last night.

The send off was ridiculous- penalty and on report, but not a send off.

The defining penalty that led to the Farrar try was soft.

There were plenty of times where, going by match standards, the Sharks should have received penalties and didn't.

In my eyes, probably the worst refereeing performance of the year. Sharks fans have every right to be livid. Moreover, Panthers fans have been denied a shot at the eight on the back of the referees piggybacking Manly to safety

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
but these things tend to even themselves out in rugby league

These Manly scum have been the rub of the greeen for 30 years.

Biggest grubs in teh league like Watmong, Natai and Snake - yet, especially at Brokevale, they are always carried by the officials. Manly hold players down more than any other team in the league - but are the least penalised, meaning their defence setup co stanbtly gets an unfair advantage.

The fraud perpetrated yesterday is nothing new.

By rights, Manly will get smashed out of the semis week 1. But, with the officials working for them, who knows?

What is worst - that prick Hasler whining after every game even tho these Manly scum get such a legup from officials.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't usually whinge about ref's.. Even though they are sh*t and need a massive cleanout or rethink about the way they judge the game, I reckon everyone gets their fair share of bad calls and it all evens out in the end.

But FMD if that wasn't the worst refereeing performance in living memory....

Can anyone come up with a worse one?

If the ref's are fair dinkum anbd are trying to do a good job, then they certainly made themselves look like cheats yesterday. Says alot.

I don't usually whinge about ref's.. Even though they are sh*t and need a massive cleanout or rethink about the way they judge the game, I reckon everyone gets their fair share of bad calls and it all evens out in the end.

But FMD if that wasn't the worst refereeing performance in living memory....

Can anyone come up with a worse one?

If the ref's are fair dinkum anbd are trying to do a good job, then they certainly made themselves look like cheats yesterday. Says alot.

the 74-4 game springs to mind.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah but the difference was that the Sharks had no discipline then, and they way the team was being coached it was bound to happen.

Hayne definately lost the plot though.

Latest posts