What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly and the refs - the adoring relationship continues

DJShaksta

First Grade
Covell had tears in his eyes after the game, Toops was gutted and looked to be fighting back tears in his post game interview. The whole team busted their asses for 80 mins.
Gallen carried the ball 27 times for 230m and made 32 tackles - The guy is a machine.

We might be 2nd last and having an all round sh*te year, but no other team in the NRL shows as much passion for their jersey.

Last edited:

Greenbits

Juniors
You dont watch much of the Titans do you?

We get one penalty which was a 50/50 call against Manly, and about 4000 against us for the rest of the year.

We had about 6 bad calls against us on Sat against the Tigers, we dont fit into that category.

Seen enough to know they get plenty of dodgy calls in their favour, particularly at Skilled Park.

markieboy

Juniors
F##ken Manly are the flukiest team around. Thye should never have won the last 2 games and should have been out first week of the finals.

Now they will finish 4th and will probably go straight through to a Prelim Final.

F##k I hate them with a passion!!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
F##ken Manly are the flukiest team around. Thye should never have won the last 2 games and should have been out first week of the finals.

Now they will finish 4th and will probably go straight through to a Prelim Final.

How should we have lost to Melbourne?
And there is no chance we will finish 4th.

Paullyboy

Coach
As I watched this game it reinforced for about the 100th time just how poor the quality of officiating in the NRL is. It's so annoying that refs decide so many games, not the players.

How does this logic work?

Tommax25

Bench
lol
1.your first try was off a overlap cause douglas was sent off for no reason
2.your 2nd try was off a forward pass that was so forward it should of been a pentaty to cronulla
3.mitch brown was hit high nothing comes of it,manly player gets hit in a great ball and all tackle and its a penalty,ellis pulled of 5-6 of those same style tackles last night they are not worth a penalty

the ref gave you guys every thing and you still could barley beat the sharks:lol:

hope you and the tigers players enjoy mad monday as I predicted they would. lol at you, and lol at the tigers.

effnic

Bench
ahahhaha this thread has so many tears, you would think sharks were on the bottom of the 8 and needed this win to make the finals. Meh you got robbed blah blah yes we all know this but ffs you are where u are on the table cause u suck ass.

Inferno

Coach
Better than taking it up the ass I suppose...

As for Chris Bailey not coming back, well no offence but the injury caused should have zero impact on the punishment for the infraction. Not to mention there is a hell of a big difference with only being allowed 12 men on the field, compared to losing a benchie.

To the manly fans out there who sympathise with us, cheers, to the rest of you, you're asshats of the highest order.

Sonic Star

Juniors
People who come on forums and complain about spoliers are just as dumb as the refs in this game.

Sharks got robbed it was a farce.

Patsy

Juniors
sharks were robbed with send off but they are not robinson crusoe here - every team cops some stiff decisions at some stage during the year. the cream still rises to the top.

and the cold hard facts are the sharks are equal last - maybe they shoould be concentrating on the other 22 games they have played this year for 5 wins and ask where the players were for these ones.

ps manly still scored 4 tries to 2 and made 6 line breaks to 3 with 44% of the ball and only 2 players on the bench for most of the game.

Special K

Coach
ps manly still scored 4 tries to 2 and made 6 line breaks to 3 with 44% of the ball and only 2 players on the bench for most of the game.
These "Stats" occurred after Douglas was sent off for a nothing tackle.

It was 10 - 0 and Manly were under the pump. The ref changed the game numerous times today and it cost the sharks. How we did not get a penalty for Mitch Brown yet Donelly got put on report for Kite headbutting his chest is beyond me.

Patsy

Juniors
These "Stats" occurred after Douglas was sent off for a nothing tackle.

It was 10 - 0 and Manly were under the pump. The ref changed the game numerous times today and it cost the sharks. How we did not get a penalty for Mitch Brown yet Donelly got put on report for Kite headbutting his chest is beyond me.

you could tell brown was trying to milk it. kite the same but you are never going to get a perfect game in terms of this.

send off was harsh but if he didn't go it costs manly a man down for the whole game and sharks keep 17 fit players.

Special K

Coach
you could tell brown was trying to milk it. kite the same but you are never going to get a perfect game in terms of this.

send off was harsh but if he didn't go it costs manly a man down for the whole game and sharks keep 17 fit players.
Manly had 15 players on the field all game. Don't try and cry the victim here :lol:

hope you and the tigers players enjoy mad monday as I predicted they would. lol at you, and lol at the tigers.

oh there you are stalking me again, havent seen u last 8 weeks while we have been in or close to the 8 :lol:

btw have u lost your house yet ?considering u said u would bet your house on tigers getting the spoon ?????

sputneek

Juniors
Even though Sharks winning means Roosters get the spoon, I was cheering for the Sharks to win it. I wish the Roosters played with that much passion and with only 12 men as well. The refs obviously did everything in their power to get Manly over the line. To be leading like that and lose it in the final moments due to incompetent decisions must feel horrible.

ThePeach

Juniors
As said earlier, people mentioning stats and saying that Manly won with less ball blah blah blah are f'ing stupid. It was 10-0 and that Sharks were on top of the game. Our most consistent player all year that is a major go forward threat in a Sharks pack that already lacks go forward, got sent off for a tackle that warrants a penalty and being put on report. The game completly changed from that moment on. Manly had no chance if we had 13 players on the field for the last 55mins.

Latest posts