What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly GA says he'll drown Bunny drums out...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll drown them out - Goldman

Article from:
September 05, 2007 12:00am

IN the wake of outrage over the South Sydney drummers being allowed into Brookvale this weekend, Sea Eagles ground announcer Grant Goldman has announced his plan to combat the noise - drown them out.
The Sea Eagles had attempted to have the Souths drummers fan club banned from Brookvale Oval for the game but were overruled, with the NRL saying Souths can use their drummers as the team runs out but not during the course of the game.
Goldman believes this will not be the case. "I don't know how are they going to police that,'' the passionate Manly fan said.
"I guarantee they'll be going on all game, so how does it become a home ground advantage if the crowd is 50 per cent Manly and 50 per cent Souths, and they get to have a drum squad to make noise and we don't?''
Goldman's comments come after South Sydney co-owner Peter Holmes a Court threw fuel on the fire yesterday by claiming the drummers would be at the game in force.
"There's no salary cap on our drummers," he said.

Earlier this year Goldman was criticised for being "overzealous and hyperactive'' by visiting fans.
"As I said at the time, I don't care about the fans of all the other teams, I only care about the Manly fans.''
Asked if he would drown out the Bunnies' support at the game with Eagle Rock and his traditional chants of "Beaver'', Goldman replied: "You betcha. I'll drown them out.''

- with the Manly Daily

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22366516-5001023,00.html

maybe he should stick to city rail, how friggen annoying is it to have the city rail announcer as your home ground announcer..jeez, BRING ON THE DRUMS!

lol

if this Goldman fella is any relation to the dufus from Big Brother then surely everyone would be sitting there with cotton wool in their ears

Inferno

Coach
I thought they were only drumming when the Bunnies ran out and not at all during the game?

Charlie124

First Grade
Timmah said:
I'll drown them out - Goldman

Article from:

September 05, 2007 12:00am

IN the wake of outrage over the South Sydney drummers being allowed into Brookvale this weekend, Sea Eagles ground announcer Grant Goldman has announced his plan to combat the noise - drown them out.
The Sea Eagles had attempted to have the Souths drummers fan club banned from Brookvale Oval for the game but were overruled, with the NRL saying Souths can use their drummers as the team runs out but not during the course of the game.
Goldman believes this will not be the case. "I don't know how are they going to police that,'' the passionate Manly fan said.
"I guarantee they'll be going on all game, so how does it become a home ground advantage if the crowd is 50 per cent Manly and 50 per cent Souths, and they get to have a drum squad to make noise and we don't?''
Goldman's comments come after South Sydney co-owner Peter Holmes a Court threw fuel on the fire yesterday by claiming the drummers would be at the game in force.
"There's no salary cap on our drummers," he said.

Earlier this year Goldman was criticised for being "overzealous and hyperactive'' by visiting fans.
"As I said at the time, I don't care about the fans of all the other teams, I only care about the Manly fans.''
Asked if he would drown out the Bunnies' support at the game with Eagle Rock and his traditional chants of "Beaver'', Goldman replied: "You betcha. I'll drown them out.''

- with the Manly Daily

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22366516-5001023,00.html

A few things:

1. Have souths been allowed to have the drummers doing their thing during the game all year? if so then its bullsh*t to say that they cant do it in the finals just because theyll be louder than the opposition fans. If they havnt been allowed to then it should be no different in the finals.

2. "....and they get to have a drum squad to make noise and we don't?'' - Where is the rule saying manly arent allowed to have drummers? are you going to complain that the Storm are allowed to have fireworks before the game and you arent?

3. "I don't care about the fans of all the other teams, I only care about the Manly fans.'' - Then let them watch and cheer on their team without some dickhead screaming over the P.A trying to drown out the oppositions fans, these people are there to watch the footy, not listen to you and your childish beef with souths drummers.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Yes but he would have been responding to a question from a journalist along the lines of "what will you do if Souffs bring out the drummers during the game".

Media beat up, the souffs drummers will probably keep quiet during the game, and dickface the announcer will yell out his stupid rantings all night whether they drum or not.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The utter irony he's the Cityrail announcer is that he's also a ground announcer at a place with no f**king train line :lol:

effnic

Bench
Drummers shouldnt be there in the first f**king place. Give me the worst headaches. And we all know they wont just play them when souths run out.

domdom

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
A few things:

1. Have souths been allowed to have the drummers doing their thing during the game all year? if so then its bullsh*t to say that they cant do it in the finals just because theyll be louder than the opposition fans. If they havnt been allowed to then it should be no different in the finals.

2. "....and they get to have a drum squad to make noise and we don't?'' - Where is the rule saying manly arent allowed to have drummers? are you going to complain that the Storm are allowed to have fireworks before the game and you arent?

quote]

the beef i have with this whole thing is that manly won the right to have a home final by finishing second. during the normal season opposing cheerleaders, drum squads, etc do not show up, so why is our home ground advantage diluted just because its a semi?

anyway, looking forward to seeing some long faces in the the green and red when they see their team get done by 20 points.

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Central
Redfern
Sydenham
Wolli Creek
Tempe

And all stations to

Hurstville

SS, were you pissed when you posted this, or were City Rail in trouble ???

I seem to think those two stations should be the other way around.

You're in practice for your 2yr sabatical to Ireland, aren't you ??? ;-)