What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly Mafia carrying on like Pork chops.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
The Colonel said:
Once the referee and touch judges are in position they can play on. Hicks is pretty quick. Should have pulled his finger out.

when have you ever seen that same thing applied to another game? NEVER!

what did it matter to Clarke to wait 4 or 5 seconds so that Manly could defend the kick with the full complement of players. There was still 2 odd minutes, it wasn't like there was 30 seconds left.

And another blunders from that joke Clarke:

1) Alberts toes the ball into the in goal then cowboys knock it dead. Clarke calls a 20 metre tap and not a line drop out. Cowboys score from that set when Manly should of been on the attack.

2) Sam Harris knocks the ball 2 metres backwards and gets pinged for a knock on, Cowboys score from that set when Manly should be up the other end of the field.

3) The aforementioned Chris Hicks incident.

4) Matt Bowen knocks on in the final play the ball and when Clarke went to the video ref he didn't even want to look at it. Manly should of had the ball from a scrum but instead we were in the in-goal watching the green light go up.

Now, i know Manly could of/should of not let the Cowboys go in but the simple fact is that Manly shouldn't of been in the position to defend extra sets if Clarke had of done his job properly.

It was really dissapointing that these 4 decisions ultimately cost us the game and possibly a top 8 spot. We would of been sitting pretty in 5th if Clarke wasn't the ref.

Disgraceful.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mayor_Quimby said:
when have you ever seen that same thing applied to another game? NEVER!

Plenty of times. The point is though Hicks kicked for goal and was say 15 metres ahead of the Cowboys? Why did it take so long for him to get onside? Wasting time? He would have known they were going for the short kick and pushed someone back to his spot - he was hoping that the referee would have waited. Quick kick offs when a team is only down by a close number of points happen all the time - the Eagles should have been awake to it.

The other mistakes you allude to happen every week in games. Though had you won they would not have been as big a problem today.....

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
The Colonel said:
Plenty of times. The point is though Hicks kicked for goal and was say 15 metres ahead of the Cowboys? Why did it take so long for him to get onside? Wasting time? He would have known they were going for the short kick and pushed someone back to his spot - he was hoping that the referee would have waited. Quick kick offs when a team is only down by a close number of points happen all the time - the Eagles should have been awake to it.

The other mistakes you allude to happen every week in games. Though had you won they would not have been as big a problem today.....

Point the games out to me and i will see if you are right. Hicks shsouldn't have to rush the kick just because the cowboys want to take a short kick. We just scored, the advantage should be to us not them.

He was jogging back, like every other kicker does, he wasn't walking or tieing up his shoe lace.

As Beaver said last night, they thought the ref would blow time off and they didn't want to leave their current positions to cover that position.

Mistakes happen in games, i undertsand that, but 4 decisions that led to tries is beyond a joke. If it wasn't for those decisions Manly would of won comfortably. I can understand 1 dodgy decision, but 18 points is a f**king disgrace.

You would be complaining if Parra had to start -18 and try and win to stay in the hunt for the 8.

nqboy

First Grade
Hi there, I'm a Cowboys fan. Couldn't get on here before now (nightwork, sleep and such).

Anyway, I reckon you're all full of it. I watched the game live and was very disappointed in how we played. I never really notice how the opposition play, all my attention is consumed by what my team are doing. When we hit the front in the 2nd half, I commented to the wife that "it looks like we're going to win despite ourselves". Then Hicks got his try, but I wasn't whinging about the forward pass, we didn't deserve to win.

Then the fairytale finish allowed us to sneak home. My problem with Manly whinging is this: if you guys couldn't put us away despite whatever you think the ref did against you today with us playing as badly as we did, your lot didn't deserve to win any more than we did.

But I'll take the two points anyway. Cheers.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
There is no example. It's a one off.

For the record it was 13 seconds from when he took the shot at goal (left the boot) and when the kick was actually touched the boot on the kickoff. And you call that slow for 40m run back while getting a drink after watching the ball go through the sticks?

Fair dinkum colonel... Take your hand off it...

The Colonel

Immortal
Mayor_Quimby said:
Point the games out to me and i will see if you are right. Hicks shsouldn't have to rush the kick just because the cowboys want to take a short kick. We just scored, the advantage should be to us not them.

Canberra game yesterday, Warriors game on Saturday night. There were calls that went against them as well and they are in the same position as Manly.

He was jogging back, like every other kicker does, he wasn't walking or tieing up his shoe lace.

As Beaver said last night, they thought the ref would blow time off and they didn't want to leave their current positions to cover that position.

"You know what thought did? He didn't do anything - he just thought he did."

You can't just assume something is going to happen. It isn't the ref's fault - the Manly players should have covered all avenues. The referee played on like he should have. The only time he has to check if teams are ready is at the start of each half....

Mistakes happen in games, i undertsand that, but 4 decisions that led to tries is beyond a joke. If it wasn't for those decisions Manly would of won comfortably. I can understand 1 dodgy decision, but 18 points is a f**king disgrace.

4 decisions? Remember what Russell Smith said to Monaghan the other week? Manly may have won comfortably but they didn't. While mistakes were made Manly should have been able to stop them. Williams ran 107 metres, was tackled short of the line, not held and still managed to score - was that the refs fault?

You would be complaining if Parra had to start -18 and try and win to stay in the hunt for the 8.

Maybe. Thankfully I don't have to.....

The Colonel

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
There is no example. It's a one off.

For the record it was 13 seconds from when he took the shot at goal (left the boot) and when the kick was actually touched the boot on the kickoff. And you call that slow for 40m run back while getting a drink after watching the ball go through the sticks?

Fair dinkum colonel... Take your hand off it...

He was still offside when the kick was being taken. Someone should have covered the position. The referee doesn't have to wait. I'm married - I don't use my hands.

Nuffy

Bench
Manly robbed.......................................ha ha ha ha.

Poor Manly boo hoo
Get a grip.

The final pass of the try that put Manly into the lead was miles forward, but I guess thats ok, is it?

The Colonel

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I hope you get knocked out of the finals by a Clarke decision. Then we will see what you have to say.

Enjoy September, I hear Fiji is really great that time of year.....

nqboy

First Grade
Happened to us last year, him or Simpkins I think v the Roosters. But I didn't carry on like a petulant child either.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Nuffy said:
The final pass of the try that put Manly into the lead was miles forward, but I guess thats ok, is it?

Karma for the try that we scored but was ruled a forward pass.....no way was that forward!

Nuffy

Bench
Mate Clarke did us over in a GF qualifier in 98.

We got 3 penalties in the first 20 minutes and NOT A SINGLE ONE FOR THE NEXT 80 MINUTES.

Even commentators in the paper said we were harshly treated by Clarke that day, but guess what, we had to accept it.

Just get on with it, if Manly were good enough, they would won that game well before the 79th minute.

Also, if you blokes thing that Orfords the answer to your problems, you didn't see him play on Sat night, hes vastly overated in the halfback world.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The Colonel said:
Enjoy September, I hear Fiji is really great that time of year.....

Yeah I heard Parra have their tickets booked for first week...

I hope the table stays the same though. (means you might have to delay that trip for a week) Of the top 4 teams, Parra is the best target to knock off.

Smith will choke. Both of them.

Mayor_Quimby

Bench
Nuffy said:
Mate Clarke did us over in a GF qualifier in 98.

We got 3 penalties in the first 20 minutes and NOT A SINGLE ONE FOR THE NEXT 80 MINUTES.

Even commentators in the paper said we were harshly treated by Clarke that day, but guess what, we had to accept it.

Just get on with it, if Manly were good enough, they would won that game well before the 79th minute.

Also, if you blokes thing that Orfords the answer to your problems, you didn't see him play on Sat night, hes vastly overated in the halfback world.

i'm glad to see there are perfect people in the world, never complain, takes everything on the chin.

i wish i was just like you. :roll:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
This forum had heap of Cowboy fans (And other teams fans) complaining about that call. Rightly so too. But it still doesn't change the result.

Errors were made by Clarke and Monaghan (backchat). The NRL won't act on it. We will move onward and upward.