What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Tago is our main weakness and every side knows it now. Hopefully Nathan can stay fit and Martin actually fires up in a Panthers jersey. That will go a long way to hiding his defensive flaws.
We are the best defensive team in the comp. No one needs to be hidden. We just need some consistency in the line up.

Despite having a different every week, we are still the best defensive team in the comp.

You are just hyper focused on one player and not really seeing the bigger picture. I’ve seen several people try and point this out to ya, but you don’t seem interested in listening.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We are the best defensive team in the comp. No one needs to be hidden. We just need some consistency in the line up.

Despite having a different every week, we are still the best defensive team in the comp.

You are just hyper focused on one player and not really seeing the bigger picture. I’ve seen several people try and point this out to ya, but you don’t seem interested in listening.
No mate the rest of the rugby league world and media are starting to catch up now. I've heard him being singled out for his poor defence on multiple podcasts now.

I just see things before others

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree. I think the Dolphins are a good side and we will need to be better than we have been for many weeks this year to beat them.
We need these two points, they are really important at this time of the season. Need a really good performance at home, given the likes of the loss to the Dragons.

I think the building of momentum starts on Sunday. A loss to the Dolphins Leading into an away game at Wollongong against the Dragons would not be ideal.

Kilkenny

Coach
No mate the rest of the rugby league world and media are starting to catch up now. I've heard him being singled out for his poor defence on multiple podcasts now.

You didn’t foresee our losses to the Sea Eagles and Dragons.

The 2024 side aren’t quite the invincibles, we really are going to find some form, players getting back to there best and have some luck go our way if we are to be a chance of another premiership.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You didn’t foresee our losses to the Sea Eagles and Dragons.

The 2024 side aren’t quite the invincibles, we really are going to find some form, players getting back to there best and have some luck go our way if we are to be a chance of another premiership.
Correct I didn't but I'm also in the top 1000 out of 500k on on the ESPN tipping site. I get far more right than wrong

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I like Tago but he's been dreadful and that's just an honest fact. The bloke used to break tackles at will almost but even that side of his game isn't what it was.

His contract is a big worry at this point

Fangs

Coach
I like Tago but he's been dreadful and that's just an honest fact. The bloke used to break tackles at will almost but even that side of his game isn't what it was.

His contract is a big worry at this point

Lighten up have a Coopers yellow.

He is getting 8 weeks with Cleary back and hopefully no dicking around on the wing spot either. We haven't got to worry about Walsh and Mamm attacking that side this year every other team they'll encounter won't give them as much grief.

Too late to be testing Cole and Garner is better service for us in the backrow.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Lighten up have a Coopers yellow.

He is getting 8 weeks with Cleary back and hopefully no dicking around on the wing spot either. We haven't got to worry about Walsh and Mamm attacking that side this year every other team they'll encounter won't give them as much grief.

Too late to be testing Cole and Garner is better service for us in the backrow.
Oh I 100% agree we are stuck with Tago for 2024, it should have been dealt with months ago.

I'd love a stout but I've got gout for the first time in my life. I was bloody certain I had a broken toe haha

Iamback

Coach

Yep. I was surprised to hear RL Guru have a go. He is normally soft on players

Iamback

Coach
Personally, I think Brad Schneider has done okay, and certainly not as bad as some suggest.

Having said that Nathan Cleary is key to our chances, without him fit and well for the remainder of this season our chances are reduced significantly.

While all not his fault the games he has started we ave 17.5 a game.

It is 22.5 across the whole season, So while he hasn't been terrible he hasn't demanded to be picked.

Cole/Laurie have him covered in stats too, No one has nailed the 6 spot yet

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Latest was Bloke in a Bar and they almost never say negative things about anyone
Bloke in a bar!! Please, it’s entertaining, but not a great source of actual footy knowledge.

listen to the “5th and last NRL Podcast” with the Shepard brothers, Although Brock hasn’t been on as much since he picked up a coaching gig with Canberra.

Those guys know footy,