What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly may win but Williams and Matai are gone

Will the Manly boys miss the grand final?

• Yes.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • No, nothing in them.

Votes: 46 44.2%

• Total voters
Didn't think Williams' was bad. If he doesn't have any carry-over and pleads guilty he might play. Any charge for Matai and he's gone though.

Danish

Referee
So you can definitively say that Matai intended to hurt Yow Yeh with the Knees ?

He doesnt have to mean to hurt him with them, he just has to mean to have hit him with them.

He was lunging with both knees/feet to try and stop the player scoring. He must be cited (and with his record suspended)

HowHigh

Coach
They should both be suspended but Williams' was a clear high shot.
Matai will get off just because its the grandfinal

Matai actually threw his knees out in front of his body FFS.

He was going for a slater-esque slide tackle, trying to stop a try and got him flush with both knees.

Any other time of year and it would be a 4+ week suspension. For a GF they'll probably give him a week or 2

Ok I retract my statement :sarcasm:

Pretend I didnt say anything LOL.

Matai actually threw his knees out in front of his body FFS.

He was going for a slater-esque slide tackle, trying to stop a try and got him flush with both knees.

Any other time of year and it would be a 4+ week suspension. For a GF they'll probably give him a week or 2

Makes no sense

innsaneink

Referee
Didn't think Williams' was bad. If he doesn't have any carry-over and pleads guilty he might play. Any charge for Matai and he's gone though.
They just showed it again on super slo-mo....Yow Yeh is out before he hits the deck.
Williams should go, deliberate swinging arm....2 weeks at leats

Bman26

Juniors
I thought Williams was way worse than Matai, closed fist swinging arm that hit him flush on the jaw....

There's no way Catai can get off.

The Williams one I'd have no real problem with but the Catai knees was grubby

I don't either because he's not a cat, will be sad for him to miss out a GF especially after the performances he has put out in recent form.

catai on the other hand, the guy can't go one game without being a cat.