What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly v Broncos: How many will they get?

Evenflow

Bench
I would accept this from other fans but after the Storms poor effort last Sunday afternoon. STFU.

So you actually agree with my points but disagree at the same time because i'm a Storm fan and even though we still drew a bigger crowds than your mob last week and we had a 90k AFL final to contend with as well across the road? :lol:

Anyway that's long gone, we're talking about this week which is all that counts now and you're already making excuses blaming ticket prices in case there's a shit crowd.

ceagle

Bench
So you actually agree with my points but disagree at the same time because i'm a Storm fan and even though we still drew a bigger crowds than your mob last week and we had a 90k AFL final to contend with as well across the road? :lol:

Anyway that's long gone, we're talking about this week which is all that counts now and you're already making excuses blaming ticket prices in case there's a shit crowd.
It was a Sunday afternoon game and you only got 14k. The point you are trying to make should apply for yourself.

Brutus

Referee
I don't think it will get over 20k

You have very little faith in the game of rugby league.

If a Cowboys v Chooks prelim can get 43k in Sydney then Manly v Brisbane can surely get over 20k.

All prelim finals get over 20k I can't think of one that hasn't.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are Manly the worse supported club in Sydney?
Is the fact all other Sydney fans hate them going to put off the neutrals?
Can Brisbane fans save the NRL's blushes?

All will be revealed soon.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Broncos usually get good numbers to away games, so the crowd should be good. Plus the Lockyer factor might make a few more ppl go, + the 2 games this week would have done no harm, and should build some interest.

35K+ I reckon.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Are Manly the worse supported club in Sydney?
Is the fact all other Sydney fans hate them going to put off the neutrals?
Can Brisbane fans save the NRL's blushes?

All will be revealed soon.

I don't understand the Manly thing as they ground maybe a shithole put it always looks full when there is 13000 but yet come final's time these cosy clan of supporters can not pull anymore support be it real/bandwagon/neutral to a final..????.
Makes you wonder what teams should be in the NRL.

Economics is fun. Especially the law of supply and demand. The supply of tickets to the game is limited, ie the number of seats at a stadium. The demand for tickets is quite flexible: who is playing, when are they playing, why are they playing.

The reason that matches in other countries (the Super Bowl, the UEFA Champions League Grand Final, the World Cup Finals, etc.) can be so expensive is because the demand for tickets can far outweigh the supply. If demand exceeds supply, it can be quite profitable to raise prices as high as you can.

If the NRL is not getting the crowd or revenue it wants, it is presumably overcharging for the tickets. I would assume the NRL wants a full house. If they do, they need to lower prices so that more than enough people will be encouraged to attend. If they just want to maximize revenue, then lowering prices would help too. More people at a lower price can more more money than fewer people at a higher price.

Friday's game has no bearing on what preliminary finals were worth a year ago or next year or what any final was worth a week ago or 52 weeks from now. No one here is predicting a full house because there are not enough Manly fans or interested neutrals to pay what the NRL is asking.

oval

Juniors
Judging by the focus of current forum chatter, I'd say there is a fair bit of interest in the Manly v Broncos game, moreso than the Melbourne v Warriors game. Whether this will be reflected by attendence remains to be seen.

sting

Bench
In RL heartland with over 6million people within 2hours of the game it would be nice to think we could get close to .5% of them to turn out.

Why would neutrals want to go fork out their hard earned to support clubs they dislike???

firechild

First Grade
There will be around 30,000 Manly fans at this game. Not a bad effort from a population of 200,000 people. Equates to around 15% of the population. It would be like Brisbane getting 300,000 people to a game. In the 2008 GF, almost the entire 78,000 people at the game were Manly fans. There would have been no less than 70,000 Manly fans there, about 35% of the population of the Northern Beaches.

sting

Bench
There will be around 30,000 Manly fans at this game. Not a bad effort from a population of 200,000 people. Equates to around 15% of the population. It would be like Brisbane getting 300,000 people to a game. In the 2008 GF, almost the entire 78,000 people at the game were Manly fans. There would have been no less than 70,000 Manly fans there, about 35% of the population of the Northern Beaches.

200,000 population? Do Manly fans only come from the Northern Beaches???

firechild

First Grade
200,000 population? Do Manly fans only come from the Northern Beaches???

Absolutely not but at the same time we can't assume that every person on the northern beaches follows rugby league. You can follow me around criticising what I have to say but I'm not the first and won't be the last to make this rough approximation of the supporter base of a club. Is it really any different to people claiming that Manly supporters have to travel across the spit bridge to get to the game?

sting

Bench
I'd put you guys at much higher.

Out of everyone I know that goes for Manly there's people from Surry Hills, Hornsby, North Ryde, Central Coast, Shire, Quakers Hill. And that's just a small sample off the top of my head.

You guys really should be able to get more to a game in the middle of Sydney. A preliminary final no less!

firechild

First Grade
I'd put you guys at much higher.

Out of everyone I know that goes for Manly there's people from Surry Hills, Hornsby, North Ryde, Central Coast, Shire, Quakers Hill. And that's just a small sample off the top of my head.

You guys really should be able to get more to a game in the middle of Sydney. A preliminary final no less!

There are Manly fans all over the country and plenty in NZ. I (unfortunately) live in the western suburbs and since moving here from the beaches last year I've been amazed by the number of Manly fans out this way. Even my neighbour has a Manly flag on her car. There were around 32K at the preliminary finals in '07 and '08 despite being against NZ and NQ so I have little doubt that a prelim against Brisbane will draw even more fans. People want to compare Manly finals against out of state clubs to finals matches between large Sydney clubs like the Bulldogs v Parra in 2009. They cannot be compared. 35,000 would be a good result this week. I was going to go but I can't afford to go to both this game and the grand final so I'm banking on Manly winning and I'll be buying GF tickets as soon as they go on sale.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would neutrals want to go fork out their hard earned to support clubs they dislike???

The're not going to support a club they don't like, they are going to watch what should be a great game of footy played in front of a big crowd with a great atmosphere. This is something most RL fans seem to have a problem grasping compared to other sports fans.

Latest posts