What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly vs Parra Round 21 Match Thread

winnyason

Juniors
well done parra, but a couple of points
*we kicked one goal even 70 percent of our goals and parra would not have had that breathing space.
*a least two of those grubbers stewart would have cleaned up, sure we can't say that parra would not still scored with repeat set put stewart would have the speed to get there.
*we had three of our best out.
*kylie dumb play on the last, a crucial stuff up.
*mattai 2005 defence the miss on dywer sh*thouse.
*parra are due for a loss, have used all there byes are not home & hosed to make 8.
* we have a bye in had plus souths at brookie, we are still looking good for a 5 or 6 finish.

robbo is not a fullback & hicks must have been used.

CrazyEel

Bench
winnyason said:
good call wanker, jelous are we? what beat us with a reserve grade side that's all that's left from this year get a grip. Lyon will slaughter you.
Sook :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
I apologise for the topic...Poor sportsmanship. But we're not all like that!

It was a fantastic atmosphere! I met a few Manly fans, and they all took it in good humour! It was a great evening.

It's just a shame my favourite player will be out for a while lol.

Beaches Boy

Juniors
I Blame Hasler!! Any idiot could have seen that Robertson @ fullback was a recipe for disaster after his pathetic efforts against the Panthers.

Stagger eel

Staff member
winnyason said:
*we kicked one goal even 70 percent of our goals and parra would not have had that breathing space.
*a least two of those grubbers stewart would have cleaned up, sure we can't say that parra would not still scored with repeat set put stewart would have the speed to get there.
*parra are due for a loss, have used all there byes are not home & hosed to make 8.
* we have a bye in had plus souths at brookie, we are still looking good for a 5 or 6 finish.

just in response if i may.

* yep, goalkicking really let you down.
* you also need to ask the question, would that have been the tactic to use if Stewart was actually there??
* we had Wade, Tahu, Tim Smith, Vella, Tsolous and 1 man down for 30 minutes.
* yep, dumb play by Minogue.
* I think you need to give chalky a bit more credit there.
* yep, could come at anytime now.
* I'm still expecting you to make the 4 and I still believe we'll be doing it tough make the 8.

CharlieF

Juniors
I have mentioned Robbo at fullback many times since the Penrith game. He is a winger, not a fullback. I couldn't beleive it when the game started and there was no Stewart. Do we have anyone else??? Hicks is not an option either.

TheParraboy

Staff member
winnyason said:

:-({|=

groggo

Juniors
round 21 debate will stay in one thread if i see other threads about same topic they will be merged with this one

have a nice day

domdom

Juniors
jeez, we played pretty poor. even playing against a team with a man down, we still couldn't outmuscle them.

i think we really killed ourselves with our options taken on the final tackle, ox's kicking game was pretty poor, which let off alot of pressure, as parra were gifted pretty easy starts to their sets.

we'll get our proper backrow back after the bye, and hopefully ox can get back some form.

if we play like that against the knights, our position in the 8 will be under threat.

Sterling

Juniors
t-ba said:
Did any of you Eels fans giving us sh*t pay a visit to this forum after the last match?

Or do you only sing when you're winning? Bandwagoners :roll:

lol

good comeback .. for your info i go to nearly every eels match ....

that loss realy hurt ...... against a team in contention for the spoon just 6 weeks ago and one man down ... id be burning too .... :)

t-ba

Post Whore
Sterling said:
lol

good comeback .. for your info i go to nearly every eels match ....

that loss realy hurt ...... against a team in contention for the spoon just 6 weeks ago and one man down ... id be burning too .... :)

Did you pay a visit to the Manly forum after the last match against us? :lol: . Well done, Loyal fan. I've been to six Manly games this year and I live in Brizvegas...whoopdef*cking do for me!

I didn't expect a win...Half of our first grade squad is out injured...The bye couldn't have come at a better time...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I actually don't think Manly went too badly. They just took poor options at times which let us off the hook. Also, when Moimoi was sent off, I think they believed they had it in the bag and took their feert off the pedal.

Still - you guys were missing some good players and still provided an entertaining clash. I was scared for a minute!

CharlieF

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I actually don't think Manly went too badly. They just took poor options at times which let us off the hook. Also, when Moimoi was sent off, I think they believed they had it in the bag and took their feert off the pedal.

Still - you guys were missing some good players and still provided an entertaining clash. I was scared for a minute!

In all honesty, Manly should have won when MoiMoi was sent off. That is when we should have sealed it, but didn't.