What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manly - When will the bubble burst

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
As a lifelong manly man, id have to say im orgasmic at our start to the season. But still because of the last 7 years i still not 100% confident it will continue but so far so good.

Our defence which has been our achilles heal since 1996 has finnally been improved and we have a number of promising young juniors coming through.

Its only early days but im curious to see what people on here think.

Friday night will be the first big acid test IMO.

Heres hoping it will continue.

ledzep

Bench
i tipped manly to make the 8 at the start of the year, and i dont think they will slide much down the ladder

they are looking real good ATM

but the Work has just begun
they have the
Broncos (away)
Tigers(home)
Dogs (away)
Eels(away)
in the next month

Kid

Juniors
Like i said earlier, i don't think the bubble will burst as such. Manly, imho, will make the 8, but i do expect them to start dropping down the ladder once they start playing away from Brookvale. Brooky is a bit like Leichardt. Sunday arvo, full house, the home side is very hard to beat.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Today on TV was the first chance I got to see Manly in action. They have a good mobile solid pack that will not stand down. They will end up in 4th - 6th position I think.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
When will the bubble burst? Hopefully not before they beat the Broncos! Would be good to see them lose to Manly :D .

Balmain_Boy

Given they have Steve Matai and Paul Stephenson in the centres, I would think if one of them goes down they could be in fair amounts of strife. Hopefully for their sake if it happens Tezza will be back.

They are playing excellent footy. I doubt it will burst. Of the teams that are meant to be the big improvers they have impressed me most.

Balmain_Boy said:
Given they have Steve Matai and Paul Stephenson in the centres, I would think if one of them goes down they could be in fair amounts of strife. Hopefully for their sake if it happens Tezza will be back.

They are playing excellent footy. I doubt it will burst. Of the teams that are meant to be the big improvers they have impressed me most.

they have a youngster by the name of Karl johnston who is as good as or even better than Matai and also the kid named Ashley Alberts to come back as well

Jordan

Juniors
They are yet to really be tested by a top team. The best team they've beaten so far is Melbourne. The way they've been playing, I think they can make the eight, but I don't think that they will win the minor premiership or anything like that..

7 rounds in is just too early to tell whether a team is premiership winning material or not.

Balmain_Boy

Fair enough mate. My point was that Matai and Stephenson are fairly average players, so what's beneath them must be ordinary. But maybe not.

I think that lack of quality in the outside backs will stop them being a real force. But that is just personal opinion...

Sir Clifford GC

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Fair enough mate. My point was that Matai and Stephenson are fairly average players, so what's beneath them must be ordinary. But maybe not.

I think that lack of quality in the outside backs will stop them being a real force. But that is just personal opinion...
average players doing the job
in this day and age of salary caps not many teams have stars from 1-17

Langers

Juniors
We don't have any great quality at centre but we have plenty of depth there. It is out weakness but at the moment I can't complain with either's form. As long as they make their tackles and get the odd ball out to Donald and Hicks it will be sweet.