What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mannah & Keating Re-sign

Stagger eel

Staff member
well you basically need 3 hookers at the club yeah? Keats is definitely one and Mitch potentially could be another which leaves a spot for a third..

Forty20

First Grade
Mannah until the end of 2014
Keating until the end of 2013

Clicky

Tim Mannah and Matt Keating re-sign

17/02/2011 9:08:51 PM

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels are delighted to announce the re-signing of State of Origin prop Tim Mannah and local junior Matt Keating to the end of 2014 and 2013 respectively.
The announcement was made at the Pirtek Parramatta Eels Season Launch Gala Ball, celebrating 30 years since the Club’s first Premiership and hosting players from all four Grand Final winning sides as the Club’s Guests of Honour.

Both Mannah and Keating were nurtured through the Eels’ junior system and made their debut at a young age. They have since become entrenched members of the NRL side.
Tim Mannah, 23, is a Guildford Owls junior and sees a bright future at the Eels that he wants to be a part of after re-signing for a further three years.
“I love the place,” Mannah says of the Eels. “I feel like it’s the start of a new chapter in the Club’s history.
“It’s like a second home for me here. From the players, to the coaching staff, to the people in the office and our sponsors and Members, it’s all made me feel really comfortable about playing here.”
Cabramatta junior Matt Keating, 24, is also excited for the future and credits Coach Stephen Kearney as an integral reason for his decision to re-sign for two more years.
“I’m a local junior so I’m happy to stay and I’m excited to be working with Steve,” Keating says.

“We have a good core of players and we’re hoping to be around for a few years. We feel like there’s something to build on.”
Coach Stephen Kearney believes Mannah and Keating will be key components of the Pirtek Parramatta Eels for many years to come.
“I think they are two important signings and we have a definite plan of where we want to be as a footy club and they are a big part of that,” Kearney says.
“They are both local juniors and quality players that are a big part of the Club’s future and it was a priority to have them remain as part of the Club.”

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Keating's a solid first grader. Every club needs blokes like that.

Keating was ordinary last year, but so was nearly everyone else.

And whoever said he can't pass from dummy-half, mate stick your fingers in your eyes. If he couldn't pass he wouldn't have played 70+ first grade games at hooker and he sure as sh*t wouldn't have been offered a new contract.

What a f**king stupid thing to say.

Stagger eel

Staff member
And whoever said he can't pass from dummy-half, mate stick your fingers in your eyes. If he couldn't pass he wouldn't have played 70+ first grade games at hooker and he sure as sh*t wouldn't have been offered a new contract.

:lol::lol:

I agree, he's a much better player than some are making out.

IFR33K

Coach
MK cop a lot of unwarrented critisism here. A sound player, that can really kick on from here, and turn into one of the better hookers in the game.

mrpwnd

Bench
Well MK is obviously somewhere in Kearneys plans. We'll see how he develops this year.

Daneel

Bench
great news about Tim. Happy about matt as well, i am assuming he wouldn't have cost to much to keep.

boxhead

First Grade
I think Keating's a solid first grader. Every club needs blokes like that.

Keating was ordinary last year, but so was nearly everyone else.

:lol::lol:

I agree, he's a much better player than some are making out.

I whole-heartedly agree with the both of you, he gets a lot of unwarranated criticism despite being one of our best players in 2008 and 2009. Pretty much like most of our other players, he struggled in 2010, so he can't be blamed solely like some people are inclining to do as such.

It's great news, and it was expected. As Kearney says, both are integral members of the team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And I'm sure Keating was fairly cheap. I doubt he would be on more than $200k-$250k. The top hookers in the game are on more than double that.

Latest posts