What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei - Coming to your club! (no spoilers)

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
ffs he played really well tonight, this thread is boggling my mind. He's only making the same errors he always has and he's still running as hard as ever.

hey, the guy is a legend but be honest...hasn't been the same since his injury. He's been playing long enough not to make the same errors & for people to say it's alright. No shame in changing positions & possibly getting a new lease on life. not saying he still hasn't got anything to offer

Perth Red

Post Whore
Luke Lewis is a great example of a winger moving into the forwards and I could see Vatuvei being a great success as a Trex sort of wide 2nd rower.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
He's had a heap of injuries, broken arms, leg injuries etc. his handling is his obvious weakness and I expect that to get better as he becomes completely match fit both mentally and physically. Would I have him at the raiders? Yes siree bob.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Luke Lewis is a great example of a winger moving into the forwards and I could see Vatuvei being a great success as a Trex sort of wide 2nd rower.

Where did Luke play his junior footy though? Cause there has been plenty of examples of players coming into the top grade in positions they were never destined to play. Although not sure how many would make it to rep level like Lewis.

The man can basically play anywhere on the park. 187cm and 105kg, has played Wing, Centre, Half, 5/8 and the backrow and given pretty good efforts at all.

He doesnt exactly play the same role as T-Rex/Tuiaki played though in their time in the forwards. He has a few more strings to his bow then just bashing into a defensive line. So using that as an example for Manu probably isnt the best, T-rex on the other hand shows potential ways of using Manu in the forwards, so u are right there.

vvvrulz

Coach
Manu has been out of sorts this whole season, and should never have been there in the first place. It was a poor selection as much as it was a poor performance.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
He's a man mountain and on his day is amazing, but he's made of glass...always seems to be getting hurt.

But even when he drops the ball and completely screws everything up....Gus still blows a load over him...same with Benji....stupid last tackle decisions a few times tonight and nothing was said about it!

Loudstrat

Coach
If he was coming to Parra I'd think "Fantastic - a 3/4 of first grade standard who isnt a bludger like Tonga" Next year I'd think "I hope he regains his confidence this week playing for Wentworthville".

Lambretta

First Grade
He's 10,000 times better than anything else on the Roosters left hand side, so I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'd also say thanks very much for Jason Nightingale if he's on offer.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
hey, the guy is a legend but be honest...hasn't been the same since his injury. He's been playing long enough not to make the same errors & for people to say it's alright. No shame in changing positions & possibly getting a new lease on life. not saying he still hasn't got anything to offer

What injury? The guy has basically had serious injury after serious injury at the rate of about one a year throughout his entire career.

Why suddenly this year are his errors unacceptable when they weren't last year or the year before? I'm certainly not denying the errors. He's always made them. He has terrible hands. Some people just do.

There have definitely been times in the past when he has come back from injury and clearly still been hampered and unable to stretch out, but right now isn't one of them. He looks in good physical shape atm and is moving well. This much should have been obvious in recent weeks when he ran down the likes of Inglis and Ferguson. When he's below par we get situations like last year where even Blake Ayshford made him look slow.

natheel

Coach
i rate Nightingale but deadset Morris over Vatuvei? really? i know you're a Dragons supporter but Morris goes missing in rep matches

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7XQ2GGjhxc

From pre-season- does this look like a man who is struggling with fitness or down on speed?

I fully appreciate all the criticisms people have of Manu and recently the bad has been outweighing the good, but I'm baffled as to what people think has changed. To say he has permanently lost speed or mobility is garbage, certainly if you're saying he's lost it compared to last year or the year before.

Jono1987

Juniors
Do not compare that bumbling, fumbling Warriors winger to the premier winger in this competition. Jason Nightingale is the best winger in this competition by a large margin.

blaza88z

Coach
Do not compare that bumbling, fumbling Warriors winger to the premier winger in this competition. Jason Nightingale is the best winger in this competition by a large margin.

:lol::lol::lol:

it's ok boys, I fell off my chair but I have made a full recovery

Jason Maher

Immortal

Steady on mate. I know we Saints fans all love Flo even more than Ray Warren does (according to Gus), but best by a large margin? No, he isn't. Akuila Uate, Jaral Yow Yeh, and our own Brett Morris are 3 that are just as good, and that's off the top of my head.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Lol at anyone saying Vatuvei is better than Morris. What is it based on? higher scoring percentage or less errors per game?

Latest posts