What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

manu vatuvei should be an immortal

Meth

Staff member
Jones is not an immortal. Lol at Manu anyone remember that game against Parra a few years back? that was gold the amount of times he knocked on lol.

wow- equally as stupid as the OP, at the opposite end of the argument

Wato

Juniors
wow- equally as stupid as the OP, at the opposite end of the argument

I was just pointing out a bad game he played, the only reason I remember it is because of the continuous call team and Lol at the people saying Jones should be an immortal. His behind Johns, Lockyer, Buderus and even probably Thurston. Also I think Manu's a great player but not an immortal and he never will be.

shiznit

Coach
Manu is by far the best winger in the game...

if the bloke was Australian he would be one of the first picked for Australia and whatever Origin side he qualified for(seeing as he's kiwi id say hes probably already on Queensland's radar)...

no one even comes close... and thats saying something because theres some brilliant wingers out there.

His combo of speed, size, power and ability in the air is just unstoppable.

and for mine he's the type of bloke you would show to a young kid who has an absolute shocker on the football field to turn it around... they way he came back from that was a credit to himself and the coach for sticking with him.

having said all of that... he's no f**king immortal... well not the RLW magazine immortal... nowhere near.

he could one day be inducted into the Kiwi immortals which are done by the NZRL i think... which i think Stacey Jones has been inducted into.

Meth

Staff member
People trying to bag Manu out by bringing up that Parramatta game are seriously geniused

Loudstrat

Coach
Is Manu in the same league as Bozo, Changa, Reg, Sterlo, Churchill, Lewis and Artie? Hell no!!!

Wow - big nams there. Swap Sterlo for Puff and you'd have 7 immortals!

Manu has the best smile of any winger - but we'll keep Luke Burt thanks. Manu is good, don't get me wrong, but he's nowhere near the start of what it took to be Eric Grothe Snr.

sheepbender

Juniors
Best Kiwis player? he's hardly the best Warrior of all time.. There are countless superior players to Vatuvai that have played for the Warriors since 95.. I don't understand the wraps on him, I love the Warriors but he's just a winger..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Best Kiwis player? he's hardly the best Warrior of all time.. There are countless superior players to Vatuvai that have played for the Warriors since 95.. I don't understand the wraps on him, I love the Warriors but he's just a winger..

Countless? If you struggle to count to 1 or 2 then you're probably right

My Morning Coat

Juniors
Manu wouldnt even figure in the warriors top five wingers of all time...check out this list
Paul Staladi
Justin Murphy
John Kirwan
Odell Manuel
John Carlaw

Loudstrat

Coach
Manu is probably one of the most marketable players in the game. Cleanskin - plays with obvious joy of the game - respectful. They perfect "face of the game" like Hindy, Preston Campbell, Hayne etc and a few others -and not the personality deprived morons they usually promote.

Manu has to prove himself on the big stage though. I still remember Meli's 4 tries in a semi. Hoppe proved himself in finals and tests. From another position, Hohia has as well. Manu - not yet.

Latest posts