What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

manu vatuvei should be an immortal

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Manu is probably one of the most marketable players in the game. Cleanskin - plays with obvious joy of the game - respectful. They perfect "face of the game" like Hindy, Preston Campbell, Hayne etc and a few others -and not the personality deprived morons they usually promote.

Manu has to prove himself on the big stage though. I still remember Meli's 4 tries in a semi. Hoppe proved himself in finals and tests. From another position, Hohia has as well. Manu - not yet.

If you're comparing Meli/Hoppe/Manu as Kiwi wingers, I reckon 90% of Kiwi fans would agree Manu has already done enough to be regarded as the best of the 3.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Manu has to prove himself on the big stage though. I still remember Meli's 4 tries in a semi. Hoppe proved himself in finals and tests. From another position, Hohia has as well. Manu - not yet.

Meli actually got 5 tries in a final. And Hoppe never played finals footy for the Warriors, they never made the finals while he was there.

Manu has done more at test level than either of them, and his consistency at club level outdoes them both too.

Wato

Juniors
Uate will be ten times the player Manu is once he fully develops as a player.

Didgi

Lets not be forgetting Ash Graham when comparing the best wingers in the game.

Ladmate

Bench
Good player, no immortal though. May be biased, but I back Benji Marshall to be the first Kiwi immortal. Too early now, and I hope I don't jinx it.

Uber

Juniors
No doubt Johns and Lockyer are the next immortals, Manu has got a long way to go yet.

Loudstrat

Coach
Manu is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way behind Ken Irvine, who was never made an immortal.

Latest posts