What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

im upset.

the nrl shouldnt be losing players like this.

i blame the CEO of the club who signed that dumb contract and gallop for the s**t TV deal.

as the face of the RLWC as well, there goes millions in advertising

SerbDragon

Coach
I might not be a league player..but i do know this. Gaz can piss off, fine go. But gaz, ask yourself this..Lets say you get to frogland, and lets say...ur union team made it to the Grand Final thanks to your efforts, and lets also say your team won the bloody thing. Do you seriously expect to stand with hand on heart ten thousand bloody miles away from home wearing some twinkie pink jersey and feel patriotic? My ass..that patriotism comes with loyalty, and passion. You got neither mate, roll around in your bath tub full of cash all the while trying to grasp the hollow feeling you have in your heart. In case your wondering what passion is, look towards jamie soward. Plays his heart out, and when we lose, he lowers his head in disgust..probably thinking i could of done more... thats "passion"

Good riddance..i idolised you once... thanks for costing us morris chemistry.

Selfish Prick

SerbDragon

Coach
kiki id love to read a blog by you about this gasnier situation, just put in words what we are all feeling... you have a way with words

Calixte

First Grade
Willow,

Don't take that the wrong way. I was just wondering if anyone here actually knows the guy personally.

He could easily have had his cake and eaten it too as far as I am concerned. I'll explain this in the next post.

The decision seems to show a complete disregard for the game and the fact he has been used to promote the RLWC.

Calixte

First Grade
Re- cake and eating it.

Why couldn't he sign a one year contract with St George, fulfilled his commitments to the Australian side at the RLWC and then signed next year for the union side in Paris?

Obviously McKenzie must be there for 2 years at least...

f**ked decision for his future in many ways if the pure dollar signs are ignored. You would have to query the advice he was given.

why shouldnt money make a difference.

be honest here people, if someone offered you double your current salary with less effort and stress and it was like a holiday travelling around europe would you say no?

the nrl has to find a way to make playing a tougher and more challenging game more financially rewarding rather than just w**king on about players wanting to play because its the best competition.

there isnt enough money in the nrl to pay the elite players what they are worth

Calixte

First Grade
No, just reading like we all are.

Btw, its a two year deal with Stade Francais.

Cheers re- knowing him.

Yeah I know it's 2 years.

How long is McKenzie there for though? If 3 or more years, Gasnier could presumably have still signed a 2 year deal with them from next year.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Cheers re- knowing him.

Yeah I know it's 2 years.

How long is McKenzie there for though? If 3 or more years, Gasnier could presumably have still signed a 2 year deal with them from next year.
Sorry, don't know about McKenzie.

The 2 year deal means that Gasnier will be only 29 years old when its done, and presumably he could still play a couple of more years for another million in the ESL or NRL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the factors in this is the strength of the Euro against the $AUD.

Kiki

First Grade
kiki id love to read a blog by you about this gasnier situation, just put in words what we are all feeling... you have a way with words

aw thankyou champ!

i just got back from melbourne tonight but ill definitely blog tomorrow.

im kinda in two minds at the moment. im swinging between sadness and anger to be honest. i seriously feel like its a break up or something...like the end of a marriage. eventho u knew it was coming and it might be for the best it still SUCKS.

damn footy kills me sometimes. i just feel like this whole situation is really tragic.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Quote from McKenzie on Skynews website:

"Everyone says it's about the money, I don't actually believe it's the case. I actually think Mark's got a genuine interest."

lol... here comes the Union spin....

Calixte

First Grade
More money.
Easier work.
More holidays.

+ the Euro

The "challenge" rates somewhere around his desire to stroll through the Louvre - and we know what a culture buff he is. :lol:

Sorry, don't know about McKenzie.

The 2 year deal means that Gasnier will be only 29 years old when its done, and presumably he could still play a couple of more years for another million in the ESL or NRL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the factors in this is the strength of the Euro against the $AUD.

tax benefits as well.

i think he will pay hardly any tax on the money.

so even though its not massive salary in france, with the currency and tax is a lot in australian dollars and after tax.

Kiki

First Grade
am i the only one who noticed how pissy coops was on the weekend?? it seems like he kinda idolises Gaz (judging from his telstra blog) and this probably has him rather devo.

Latest posts