What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Gasnier threads

Godz Illa

Coach
Ainscough and Mundine were reasons you lost that premiership.
More revisionism. Ainscough and Mundine were major reasons why we were there on grand final day. Ainscough won the Dragons player of the year award, Mundine repped for NSW and single-handedly won the preliminary final against Cronulla. Mundine also set up the first Dragons try in the GF. Sigh... this argument is old and depressing

Gaba

First Grade
The morris boys may be playing ok now, it will be interesting ot see if they continue to improved or back to thier old habits of dropping the ball

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
The morris boys may be playing ok now, it will be interesting ot see if they continue to improved or back to thier old habits of dropping the ball

Brett certainly has trouble under the high ball from time to time but it looks as though he is mostly on top of that now days..

With ball in hand he always looks much more likely then Josh..

My wife started to get into the Saints this year (only took her 13 years to get interested), i told her how the Morris's and Gasnier would never leave due to the family history with the club.. Three quarters of the season later and she is on my case about those statements..

Just to top it off brett will probably have a falling out and leave now as well.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
This is not about Souths at all.

Its about Gaz.

He's deserted the dragons and people here still want to kiss his backside.

Its sad.

It's not about kissing anyones backside it's about supporting and recognising a great player and an even greater club. Ask yourself this would Gasnier have left if Vodaphone had honoured their commitment? I know I wouldn't remain loyal to my company if I wasn't payed what was owed to me, and I definitely wouldn't be hanging around if I knew that I wasn't going to get paid in full for the remainder of my contract.

Cooper-Man

Bench
This is not about Souths at all.

Its about Gaz.

He's deserted the dragons and people here still want to kiss his backside.

Its sad.

Now your an even bigger dope. Gaz was deserted by the stupid management we have. He never deserted us. Regardless of what people think, the third party agreements were bodgy. He doesnt deserve this treatment and I hope he smashes the storm, regardless of the position he is playing.

j0nesy

Bench
What I find a little concerning is the fickle nature of the supporters that were heralding Gaz as the best centre in the world one day and then calling him a hack the next day. It's amazing what emotions can do.

Kiki

First Grade
ive never changed my tune on his playing ability but my love for him has almost gone. i know its not all his fault but i cant help how i feel u know?

Cooper-Man

Bench
What I find a little concerning is the fickle nature of the supporters that were heralding Gaz as the best centre in the world one day and then calling him a hack the next day. It's amazing what emotions can do.

Spot on mate. Agree 100%.

j0nesy

Bench
ive never changed my tune on his playing ability but my love for him has almost gone. i know its not all his fault but i cant help how i feel u know?

I'm not having a go at you. Hell I was sad, cranky and resentful when I first heard that Gaz was leaving us, but I'm over it now. The fans that get under my skin are the turncoats that now claim Gaz can't play football.

Kiki

First Grade
oh no i know u werent having a go at me! i was just adding in my two cents. yeh well anyone that claims hes a crap player is an idiot, because hes not. if he was we wouldnt care if he was leaving to begin with.

redVpride

Juniors
was pretty pissed off 2 begin with and still am about ryles leaving but ryles has been gr8 all yr so far and hope gaz puts the same pride in that jersey 4 the rest of the yr

drake

First Grade
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/sport/nrl/story/0,26746,24039584-5016365,00.html
Mark Gasnier's decision to go tough on the Dragons

Darren Lockyer | July 19, 2008 12:00am

0,,6152955,00.jpg
AU revoir . . . Mark Gasnier is off to France and Darren Lockyer says the timing of his announcement is a big problem for the Dragons. / The Courier-Mail

MARK Gasnier is a loss to rugby league but the worst thing about his announcement this week is its timing. His change of codes and the ramifications of it in keeping the best players in the NRL has been the biggest talking among NRL players this week. Finally, I got to thinking about it from his club's point of view.
It's July and while St George Illawarra now has extra cash to offer next year, it's too late in the year for it to be offered to many of the best players who end their contracts this season.
I feel for the Dragons and I feel for Wayne Bennett, the incoming coach.
The Dragons have had players leave the club in recent weeks. The extra wriggle room in the salary cap had they known for sure earlier that Mark was leaving the club might have helped them retain Josh Morris and Jason Ryles.
It's another problem coming from the big flaw in our game, the player signing system. The end-of-year trading period the AFL has is, as I've said before, a fairer system.
Wayne's got a talent for thinking outside the square and there will be something or someone he will produce to counteract the loss of Gasnier. He'll have to, probably.
Remember how he called back Allan Langer from England for the 2001 State of Origin.
Let me say again Gasnier has done nothing wrong. As soon as the game turned professional loyalty started disappearing.
Talk of a strike by players for an increase in payments for representative football is fairly extreme. As Ricky Stuart said this week, we need to work together to make the pie a bigger one so we can compete against the others.
Players Association representatives, and I was one, sat down with the NRL last year about representative payments and saw when David Gallop showed us some financial details that the players were getting a fair slice of the pie.
As someone who loves league, I was pleased to read where Greg Inglis said he didn't want to play rugby union. He'd find it really hard to give up the Australian jersey and the Queensland jersey.
Everyone's different. I was asked if I wanted to be recruited to rugby union in 2003, but I didn't really get serious and eventually said to talk would be wasting everyone's time.
League's great asset in keeping its best players is the game itself.
There's been some speculation this week about my future at the Broncos. I am contracted to the Broncos for 2009 and my view remains unchanged that what I do in 2010 is something I will look at next season.
I'm more focussed on doing well on the field for the Broncos this year. The Broncos, I would've thought would also being waiting to see how I pull through my current injury.
My next contract will not be all about money. There will be plenty of things to weigh up, like whether I want a different experience in another competition to name one.
Out of all the contracts I've signed, I'd say the next one will be the one I will have mulled over the most because it will probably be the last. If I were to spend some time away from our shores I feel it would be important to pencil something in for my return.
I haven't thought long and hard enough about whether I want to get into coaching at the end of my playing career.
Like any footballer worth his salt, I'm concentrating on the play in front of me.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

SerbDragon

Coach
Hot stuff: Mark Gasnier girl Claudine Bonnechere

Article from:

July 21, 2008 12:00am

ONE of the chief motivators for Mark Gasnier deciding he will play in France is because his fiancee is French.
Little is known about Gasnier's partner, who has preferred to stay out of the spotlight since the announcement.
So in the interests of being nothing else but a busy-body, it would be remiss of us not to do a little digging.
Ladies and gentleman, introducing Mark Gasnier's fiancee Claudine Bonnechere, all the way from . . . Newport.
That's right.
Gasnier's other half was born and raised on Sydney's northern beaches.
Ooh la la: See why Gaz has an appetite for Claudine Admittedly her parents are French, but the closest Claudine has come to La France is getting Gallic in the kitchen - she was an apprentice at The Mirage in the Sydney surfie suburb.
Do you know Claudine or has she cooked for you? Tell us via the feedback form below.
Gasnier will also get a taste of what life in France is like sooner rather than later.
Tonight the Dragons will play in white jerseys with a pink V replacing the traditional red V. The temporary change is in support of breast cancer research.
Few have explored it, but the away strip of Gasnier's new club Stade Francais is a predominantly pink jersey, while the home jersey is a brown ensemble with flaming pink hibiscus leaves.
Tastefully done, of course.
The pink theme has nothing to do with breast cancer support but more to do with the personal taste and entrepreneurial spirit

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24048640-5001021,00.html

Latest posts