What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark O'Neill

emjaycee

Coach
A new CEO eh?
ImportantGoodnaturedKite-max-1mb.gif

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
3 pages into a thread about the appointment of a new HOF at the Eels and the thread has already turned to talk about corn cobs and mars bars.
Pretty much sums up the past 32 years of the Eels.
Agreed, the last 32 years at Parra has been an endless procession of corn cobs and mars bars.

T.S Quint

Coach
Does anyone remember O’Neill’s commentary when he was on Fox? f**king laughable it was.

I don’t think this has any bearing on whether or not he will do well in his new role, but every time I think of him since then I have the picture of him on the field talking to Thurston saying “Thank you for this interview Johnathon” in a geniused voice. He made Corey Parker sound intelligent and exciting.

Let’s hope so, it should be an independently reviewed position with measurables that are for the board and ceo to assess long term success...anyway sounds good in theory
Go the EELS!

Yeh, but if the team isn't doing well in 2019, he'll clearly be a hopeless wanker. And he better not appoint a staff member who has previously be involved in any other sport or occupation, or even done a paper round as a kid.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mark O’Neill is also famous for being sucker punched from the side by Storm merkin Danny Williams. Williams got 18 weeks and it was his last game in the NRL.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/battered-oneill-cant-face-judiciary-20040721-gdjdz7.html

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/danny-williams/summary.html

images

images

View attachment 23871

I wish ISIS would just blow the Storm up.

Merkins in that club from top to bottom.

Let's not forget Kearney and his buddy almost killed a guy with a horrible spear tackle.

Bolgeel

Juniors
Yeh, but if the team isn't doing well in 2019, he'll clearly be a hopeless wanker. And he better not appoint a staff member who has previously be involved in any other sport or occupation, or even done a paper round as a kid.
I think it’s best for everyone to chill and actually see what happens in 19, I am optimistic until it all turns to shit again

Delboy

First Grade
The review had most of us expecting a top notch experienced appointment as HOF to drive the club forward with best practice.

We didn't expect a relatively inexperienced appointment with some questions on background. Hope he does well and any introduction by the clubs CEO presents a coherent, well thought out and expressed vision for the club.

Less than that would be very disappointing.

emjaycee

Coach
The review had most of us expecting a top notch experienced appointment as HOF to drive the club forward with best practice.

We didn't expect a relatively inexperienced appointment with some questions on background. Hope he does well and any introduction by the clubs CEO presents a coherent, well thought out and expressed vision for the club.

Less than that would be very disappointing.
To be honest, I didn't and still don't expect the review to provide too much information to any of us plebes.

The CEO will announce the results as "we have looked comprehensively at all aspects of our organisation and compared our operations to other NRL teams, as well as successful clubs from other sports. As a result, we have implemented a number of changes such as the introduction of Mark O'Neill as our HoF, added some additional skills and experience to our recruitment and retention committee, revised our injury management processes, as well as implementing a number of other changes that will alleviate some of the pressure BA was under during 2018. Overall, our squad has seen some changes that are result of our need to change our playing style somewhat, however we are satisfied that we have the squad to be competitive in 2019. We are dedicated to being a club that builds and promotes its local juniors and this will be one of the things that O'Neill will be responsible for. We look forward to coming home to the new WSS and to providing our loyal fans with a club they can be proud of... blah, blah, blah".

Might be some specifics about HoF role, but I don't expect too much TBH.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
To be honest, I didn't and still don't expect the review to provide too much information to any of us plebes.

The CEO will announce the results as "we have looked comprehensively at all aspects of our organisation and compared our operations to other NRL teams, as well as successful clubs from other sports. As a result, we have implemented a number of changes such as the introduction of Mark O'Neill as our HoF, added some additional skills and experience to our recruitment and retention committee, revised our injury management processes, as well as implementing a number of other changes that will alleviate some of the pressure BA was under during 2018. Overall, our squad has seen some changes that are result of our need to change our playing style somewhat, however we are satisfied that we have the squad to be competitive in 2019. We are dedicated to being a club that builds and promotes its local juniors and this will be one of the things that O'Neill will be responsible for. We look forward to coming home to the new WSS and to providing our loyal fans with a club they can be proud of... blah, blah, blah".

Might be some specifics about HoF role, but I don't expect too much TBH.
That's about right.

Any fan expecting more than that is just being needy.

Latest posts