What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Tuafua

roopy

Referee
I just have to give him his own thread.
How amazing is this guy?
He has had about 6 games of League and he is already our best forward in PL and making guys like Tanner who has 50 odd games of firstgrade look like they are the learners
His workrate is astounding. I honestly think with a bit more strength he is a future Ben Kennedy type player.

Frederick

Staff member
roopy said:
making guys like Tanner who has 50 odd games of firstgrade look like they are the learners
You say it like it's a hard thing to do :lol:

Pika

Bench
Outstanding athlete.

Hardest hitter in both grades.

Incredible functional strength.

Ben

Bench
Well he is seriously pushing his claims for a first grade spot. Who do you think is more ready for first grade, Snowden or Tuafua?

roopy

Referee
Ben said:
Well he is seriously pushing his claims for a first grade spot. Who do you think is more ready for first grade, Snowden or Tuafua?
logic tells me Snowden - my eyes tell me Tuafua.

Pika

Bench
Snowden at this point.

Mark is still working on a few things on his game.

At this rate, with only three PL games under his belt, he will be a force as the year prgresses.

Jedda

Juniors
What number was Taufua in Premmy on Saturday? I was too cheap to buy a Big League and amongst the group I sat with we had trouble identifying some of the players.

Jedda

Juniors
Thanks guys. For some reason I was thinking he was a prop. :? What's happened to Larry?

Pika

Bench
Larry out with an ankle injury.

Ready to go, if he can force into the side.

Mark ahs played both front and second row.

Yosh

Coach
Well if he is that gun. Dont see why he cant replace Simpson if Simmo is out for a couple of weeks. Surely he has got to be better then Ryneo.... Garbage in human form.

Would love to see a big hitter I must say, been missing one for a while our club has.

RABK

Referee
I rate him, he's impressed me immensely.

I'll go as far as saying, injury permitting, he'll be on the bench at the expense of Newton/Woolnough/White by mid year and by finals time (touch wood) he'll be a starter.

Was just talking to Jobdog - i'd like to see this team twoards the end of the year...

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Paul Franze/Brad Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Mark Taufua
11. Steve Simpson
12. Cory Patterson
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Daniel Tolar
15. Clint Newton/Kade Snowden
16. Adam Woolnough/Matt White/ Luke Davico
17. Milton Thaiday

RABK

Referee
Though i just heard Thaiday is out for the year with that shoulder, big blow IMHO.

K-Man

Bench
Well if Thaiday's out for the season then I am devastated. He will probably never be seen in a Knights jersey again, given that his contract is up and he wasn't in first grade and Kidley is Smith's number one priority for the number one.

That's a real shame, I so badly hoped he could fight back and have a great season. I expect he will pop up next year in first grade somewhere, possibly the Eels under Hagan (about the only the good thing Hagan ever did was believe in Milton).

Anyway, after wiping away the tears I would like to say that your team for the end of the year RABK is a ripper, and if all those players were fit and in form I would gladly take it into the Grand Final. Sargent could be in there too, and I would pick Brown, but overall I think you've selected very close to the best we could do.

K-Man

Bench
christopherjon said:
No Seu Seu and no Sargent? Some big calls there... but otherwise a strong team IMO.

No Seu Seu is not that much of a big call. Other than potential, there's really no reason for him being in the team right now.

To be honest, he's just not doing anything. He has made 2 dummy half runs in 2 matches, and that's his strength (it's not like he's putting players through gaps either).

Sure he's a little terrier in defence, but he gives away 2 penalties a game as well.

If he was being a genuine impact player I would be happy, but Kidley is the one targetting the tired forwards from dummy half at this stage.

I just don't think our best 17 includes him right now.

CJKnight

Juniors
K-Man said:
No Seu Seu is not that much of a big call. Other than potential, there's really no reason for him being in the team right now.

To be honest, he's just not doing anything. He has made 2 dummy half runs in 2 matches, and that's his strength (it's not like he's putting players through gaps either).

Sure he's a little terrier in defence, but he gives away 2 penalties a game as well.

If he was being a genuine impact player I would be happy, but Kidley is the one targetting the tired forwards from dummy half at this stage.

I just don't think our best 17 includes him right now.

Yeah, some good points there... just how much time did he spend on the field last week? Seemed Bedsy was only off the field for 10 minutes.