What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

lotti

Bench
Mickdo at least I had the courtesy to tell you that I've reported you and the reason behind the report.

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
Mickdo at least I had the courtesy to tell you that I've reported you and the reason behind the report.
:lol: Please, no more... I'm in stitches :lol:

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
I will, I just didn't want it to be a surprise if you're contacted by a mod or an admin.
You are a complete goose. Go and run home to mummy :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
lotti, if you're being serious, please don't take offense as I'm only trying to offer this as advice: you may want to consider developing a thicker skin because if you intend to keep participating in these forums (or society in general) you'll probably be in for a very tough time if you're going to be offended by throw-away lines like that one.

NPK

Bench
hotsnow said:
Oh snap!
0,5001,5025278,00.jpg

I'm sorry, but how many people protect themselves from a ball with a clenched fist? You open your hand to increase surface area.....
That's not cocked elbows IMO. If his elbows were up higher than the level of his hands, I would called that cocked elbows.

And in response to your second point, if you had your arms crossed (which is the best way to defend your face in that situation), you would automatically clench your fists too..unintentionally. He was bracing for possible contact with the ball and was tense - hence the clenched fists.

lotti

Bench
Mickdo I just read the rules and personall attacks aren't treated kindly by the mods. MEMBERS ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS
Please note: We're not referring to squabbles or a bit of name calling. This section mainly deals with those members who threaten other members.

The vast majority of members join forums to have reasonable and good humoured discussions. However, there are a minority who try to stand out from the crowd by attacking other members.

If one member is being excessively abusive to another member, then deletions of post(s) may be warranted. These are posts which are excessive or by accepted description, are personally threatening.

Additionally, any posts which vilify or aggressively single out another member will be deleted.

This also includes posts from 'impersonators' who take up similar names to other members or public persons in an effort to humiliate (Naturally, this does not include members who wish to have the same name as their sporting hero). The examples of this have been evident with names of some members being changed slightly to mislead the reader in believing that they reading the view of another member.

Members who repeatedly attack other members in this manner will have their forum membership suspended.

To reiterate: Mods and Admin are not here to break up fights. Should an online fight develop, it is hoped that members can sort out their differences in mature manner prior to the need for any intervention.

I don't want your membership to be suspended but I would like an apology.

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
Mickdo I just read the rules and personall attacks aren't treated kindly by the mods. MEMBERS ATTACKING OTHER MEMBERS
Please note: We're not referring to squabbles or a bit of name calling. This section mainly deals with those members who threaten other members.

The vast majority of members join forums to have reasonable and good humoured discussions. However, there are a minority who try to stand out from the crowd by attacking other members.

If one member is being excessively abusive to another member, then deletions of post(s) may be warranted. These are posts which are excessive or by accepted description, are personally threatening.

Additionally, any posts which vilify or aggressively single out another member will be deleted.

This also includes posts from 'impersonators' who take up similar names to other members or public persons in an effort to humiliate (Naturally, this does not include members who wish to have the same name as their sporting hero). The examples of this have been evident with names of some members being changed slightly to mislead the reader in believing that they reading the view of another member.

Members who repeatedly attack other members in this manner will have their forum membership suspended.

To reiterate: Mods and Admin are not here to break up fights. Should an online fight develop, it is hoped that members can sort out their differences in mature manner prior to the need for any intervention.

I don't want your membership to be suspended but I would like an apology.
GO AWAY. YOU ARE A JOKE.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
My take on what PJ was trying to do... he was going in to put a big body check on Barrett with crossed arms... as is seen many times in every match (eg. the Parra kick in the set immediately prior to this incident). As he was approaching Barrett, he thought he could charge down with his foot as evidenced by him sticking his leg out, he put his head down to brace for the collision and ended up glancing across the front of Barrett (as opposed to the initially intended full body collision) as both players changed direction slightly.

In terms of the possible charge on Marsh...
1. it certainly wasn't late as Barrett didn't even have time to get his leg back down.
2. first point of contact was Barrett's shoulder so it wasn't high. Marsh's left fist glances Barrett's nose accidentally. As confirmed by Mander and Stone, no case to answer, althought the match review committee may deem it careless.

Barrett on the other hand...
1. Took matters into his own hands.
2. Put a king hit or two on Marsh.

The players that rushed in...
I don't think there has been a precedent on players rushing in to defend a player getting king hit. 1 on 1 is one thing, but 1 on 0?

lotti

Bench
mickdo stop with the attacks please, when I posted about the possible sheppard I was angry that Manly could've lost the game because one of it's players was obstructed from making a match saving tackle, I have not attacked you I have simply reported one of your posts that I have found offensive.

Ghoulies

Bench
We're not referring to squabbles or a bit of name calling.
That's all this is lotti.

As eE said, you should either grow some thicker skin, or consider avoiding all forms of communication.

mickdo

Coach
eloquentEEL said:
The players that rushed in...
I don't think there has been a precedent on players rushing in to defend a player getting king hit. 1 on 1 is one thing, but 1 on 0?
Just on that, there wasn't a single punch thrown, so it would be ridiculous if any of them were charged. Although, the jokediciary has done it before...

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
mickdo stop with the attacks please, when I posted about the possible sheppard I was angry that Manly could've lost the game because one of it's players was obstructed from making a match saving tackle, I have not attacked you I have simply reported one of your posts that I have found offensive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It just keeps coming!

lotti

Bench
not anymore Mickdo. Any other day I would've ignored your comments but not today, I had to take my cat to the vet and last night I thought I was going to lose her but what's wrong with her is minor but I didn't think it was last night so my emotional defences are weak at the moment.

Latest posts