What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

eelsta

Bench
redVgirl said:
man this emoticon just applies to so many threads on here. here i go again -

:BDH: :BDH: :BDH:

clearly pj marsh didnt intend to hit barrett in the face. even as a dragons fan i can see that. barrett reacted in the spur of the moment and chucked a tanty. it was a mistake but it happens. now can we all move on? excellent.

Couldnt agree more with you'' barrett IS NOT A THUG these sort of things happen get over it and lets talk about what a great game of football was seen

NPK

Bench
Stranger said:
As far as im concerned Marsh was not going for the ball at all and was aimed at taking out Barrett... who goes into a charge down with their freakin elbows raised?

1. His elbows weren't raised.

2. His arms were in front of his face to protect his face from the kicked ball.

mickdo

Coach
redVgirl said:
barrett reacted in the spur of the moment and chucked a tanty. it was a mistake but it happens. now can we all move on? excellent.
Reacted in the heat of the moment just like Danny Williams, Greg Bird and Ryan Cross? Let me guess... 'it's not his go' right?

Dog-E

Juniors
PFFFFF! Oh PLEASEEEEE!!! Laurie Daley is about as capable of being objective, as Hoppa is at making rational decisions!!!

Laurie Daley wears cartoon Dragons underpants to bed...

mickdo

Coach
Dog-E said:
PFFFFF! Oh PLEASEEEEE!!! Laurie Daley is about as capable of being objective, as Hoppa is at making rational decisions!!!

Laurie Daley wears cartoon Dragons underpants to bed...
I think that was the point. Daley thought Marsh didn't cop him with an elbow, when he of all people would have been likely to favour the Dragons in the incident.

lotti

Bench
this is taken from the NRL's website now did either player do a? • Definition Of Misconduct
A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

(c) drops knees first on to an opponent who is on the ground.

(d) uses any dangerous throw when effecting a tackle.

(e) deliberately and continuously breaks the Laws of the Game.

(f) uses offensive or obscene language.

(g) disputes a decision of the Referee or Touch Judge.

(h) re-enters the field of play without the permission of the Referee or a Touch Judge having previously temporarily retired from the game.

(i) behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game.

(j) deliberately obstructs an opponent who is not in possession.

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
this is taken from the NRL's website now did either player do a? • Definition Of Misconduct
A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(a) trips, kicks or strikes another player.

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

(c) drops knees first on to an opponent who is on the ground.

(d) uses any dangerous throw when effecting a tackle.

(e) deliberately and continuously breaks the Laws of the Game.

(f) uses offensive or obscene language.

(g) disputes a decision of the Referee or Touch Judge.

(h) re-enters the field of play without the permission of the Referee or a Touch Judge having previously temporarily retired from the game.

(i) behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game.

(j) deliberately obstructs an opponent who is not in possession.
Um, your point being?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
woah... if the judiciary stuck to that list, the match review commitee would need more than a week between rounds.

lotti

Bench
Mickdo I'm telling you this before a mod does I've reported that post, as it's a possible breach of the terms and conditions of this board I have taken offense to what you have said.

hotsnow

Juniors
1. His elbows weren't raised.
Oh snap!
0,5001,5025278,00.jpg

2. His arms were in front of his face to protect his face from the kicked ball.
I'm sorry, but how many people protect themselves from a ball with a clenched fist? You open your hand to increase surface area.....

mickdo

Coach
lotti said:
Mickdo I'm telling you this before a mod does I've reported that post, as it's a possible breach of the terms and conditions of this board I have taken offense to what you have said.
:lol: :lol: :lol: