What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MARSH:I hit Barret in the chest

Stranger

Coach
Only 2 people ive seen make a tackle with their arms raised like that in recent times....

One happens to be clint newton and the other Hoppa..
I stand by the fact that if marsh was a little bit taller Barrett would have a smashed jaw by now.

You either use your shoulder or your arms...

Indeed now where does it say elbows?;-)

Stranger

Coach
Dog-E said:
Difference IS though....9 out of 10 of them would have been 'decent' enough to at least give PJ a shove first -

"Come on u **** - what was THAT abaout!?...Let's GO!"rather than start slapping madly from his blindside...

Actions like Barrett's however, receive NO respect from other players - believe me!

I never said what barrett did was good i said that they would get up swinging....

El Diablo

Post Whore
Stranger said:
I told him to shut up or find the gifs and put em up... i never said he had to use a capture card... for all you know they are on the net ATM.

go to the NRL site and watch it there if you don't have Fox Sports.

Problem solved.

mickdo

Coach
Stranger said:
Only 2 people ive seen make a tackle with their arms raised like that in recent times....

One happens to be clint newton and the other Hoppa..
You obviously don't watch much footy then, just the snippets that get shown on the news at night :rolleyes:

Stranger said:
I stand by the fact that if marsh was a little bit taller Barrett would have a smashed jaw by now.
He isn't, and he doesn't, so the point is moot.

Stranger said:
Indeed now where does it say elbows?;-)
You probably couldn't tell your arse from your elbow. Last time I looked my elbow was part of my arm... :whistle

lotti

Bench
instead of debating it maybe we should wait for the match review commitee I know the ref, the touch judges and the video ref didn't see anything in it but lets wait and see if they do. If they find that he does have a case to answer for and sends him to the panel then we can debate it again if they find exactly how the officials did let that be the end of it, Deal?

Stranger

Coach
Great idea Mickdo lets make it legal to use ur elbow in a tackle... im sure it will improve the excitement of the game wont it.
I was running on day and a guy did it to me i spent 4 weeks on the sideline with a bruised sternum.... funny though.... elbows are great when being used on people.

:lol: Mickdo who else flies into a tackle with their elbows raised?

Dog-E

Juniors
bringbackthebiff4ne.jpg

REAL biff tho...not cowardly acts of pussdom!! :D

Dog-E

Juniors
lotti said:
instead of debating it maybe we should wait for the match review commitee I know the ref, the touch judges and the video ref didn't see anything in it but lets wait and see if they do. If they find that he does have a case to answer for and sends him to the panel then we can debate it again if they find exactly how the officials did let that be the end of it, Deal?

People come to this website TO debate things such as this....

Dog-E

Juniors
Heheheh! Doesn't look 2 good, does it??...TAKE IT ALL BEEATCH YEEEEE-HAWWWW!

Tho, i think it's Lang that's the one actually getting off there!! ;)

mickdo

Coach
Stranger said:
Great idea Mickdo lets make it legal to use ur elbow in a tackle... im sure it will improve the excitement of the game wont it.
I was running on day and a guy did it to me i spent 4 weeks on the sideline with a bruised sternum.... funny though.... elbows are great when being used on people.

:lol: Mickdo who else flies into a tackle with their elbows raised?
He had his forearms raised. The elbows are part of the arm so it's a bit hard for them not to be there. The elbows were not raised higher than the rest of his arm, and the still photos conclusively show that. If anything they were pointed down. If he had lead with the point of the elbow then that would be a different story. Players use their forearms in hits every freaking game. :rolleyes:

Hurriflatch

Referee
This was a quote from Mick Stone on the incident

Mick Stone said:
"The tackles wasn't late, the initial contact appeared to be around the shoulder and if there was any contact around the headit seemed to be incidental"

Stranger

Coach
mickdo said:
He had his forearms raised. The elbows are part of the arm so it's a bit hard for them not to be there. The elbows were not raised higher than the rest of his arm, and the still photos conclusively show that. If anything they were pointed down. If he had lead with the point of the elbow then that would be a different story. Players use their forearms in hits every freaking game. :rolleyes:

Have a little looksie at his right elbow. that clearly makes contact with Barretts chin.

redVgirl

Juniors
man this emoticon just applies to so many threads on here. here i go again -

:BDH: :BDH: :BDH:

clearly pj marsh didnt intend to hit barrett in the face. even as a dragons fan i can see that. barrett reacted in the spur of the moment and chucked a tanty. it was a mistake but it happens. now can we all move on? excellent.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Have a little looksie at his right elbow. that clearly makes contact with Barretts chin.

Even Laurie Daley doesn't think his elbow connected.

Pity you don't have Fox Sports as they just showed the replay quite a few times.