What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marsh Open to Offers

Ron Jeremy

Coach
parra pete said:
Wing, Wing, why don't you give us a call!!!

Not one of your best Pete.

How about that Mister Mister song "take these broken wings" probably more appropriate.

bartman

Immortal
dazeely said:
fair call Bartman.

I think its more the dissappointment thing with most of us though. We thought he was here to stay when he returned. Thems the brakes. Does he see himself more as a halfback if he thinks he will get 80 min elsewhere.
Yeah, fair enough too. But for all we know PJ probably thought it would be for keeps as well, and that he wouldn't end up sharing a position long-term. He's certainly said just as much in the quotes here.

But when Hagan re-signed Riddell so early on the back of some ordinary on and off field performances, and PJ has out-performed him he has to start to wonder and ask the questions. I'm sure he'd play at halfback if he could get a gig somewhere, but I think he's more suited to a hooker/playmaker role for more minutes than he's getting with us. But them's the breaks.

emjaycee

Coach
COACH STERLING said:
IMO, signing piggy was a mistake, and something Brian Smith did knowing he wouldn't be at the club past 2006.

I dont understand this comment.
When Piggy joined us in 2005 he started in 25 games and Marsh was on the interchange bench for 24 of those. We won the Minor Premiership that year.
How was this a mistake that Brian did (on purpose inferred) because he wouldn't be at the club past 2006? :crazy:

strider

Post Whore
when did piggy re-sign? wasn't that during last season? - which means his re-signing was Hage's decision

piggy is a very good player - watch the game on the weekend ... his role might be changing from hooker to backrower tho

PJ has been given the starting job now - I think this whole "I want to leave for a starting/80 min job" thing is a bit of a furfy cos I believe he could get such a role at parra if he worked on his fitness ..... imo there's more to it - maybe salary cap issues??? (ie paara be ok with using his salary elsewhere)

Bigfella

Coach
Pretty sure that the Riddell re-signing was between the end of last season and the beginning of this season.

But let's blame Brian Smith for it anyway.

At least it will bring El Diablo into the thread...

Stagger eel

Staff member
piggy was signed early this year and that was obviously a Hages signing and not Smithy.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I like both Marsh and Riddell, both individually and together.

Piggy is copping a lot of criticism in this thread. To even it out a bit, remember that while he isn't consistently brilliant, he is a great big match player. He is very capable of making big plays and the type of player that could actually help win a GF. PJ is also capable of making big plays, but I can't imagine him taking 80 minutes of a big pack running at him all day, especially in up tempo finals footy. He'd have a huge target painted on him.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
emjaycee said:
I dont understand this comment.
When Piggy joined us in 2005 he started in 25 games and Marsh was on the interchange bench for 24 of those. We won the Minor Premiership that year.
How was this a mistake that Brian did (on purpose inferred) because he wouldn't be at the club past 2006? :crazy:

If you have Andrew Johns in your team do you go out and sign Matt Orford?

My point being we didn't need 2 hookers of that status and 2 sign both was a bad move.

I beleive Brian Smith done this because he had extra money in the cap and he didn't really care about the consequences going past 2006. It wasn't a mistake so I'll retract those comments to make you happy;-) , but it wasn't a smart move in terms of the salary cap.

PJ Marshal

Coach
COACH STERLING said:

My point being we didn't need 2 hookers of that status and 2 sign both was a bad move.

I beleive Brian Smith done this because he had extra money in the cap and he didn't really care about the consequences going past 2006. It wasn't a mistake so I'll retract those comments to make you happy;-) , but it wasn't a smart move in terms of the salary cap.

PJ was a project...ffs nearly 2 years out of the game who knew he was gonna flourish again or have the same fate as david penna, plus he was initially signed as a halfback

f**k some people around here are dopey

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:

PJ was originally signed to play half, then Smith tried Timmy in the trials at the start of 05 and it seemed to have worked out...the rest is history.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
PJ was originally signed to play half, then Smith tried Timmy in the trials at the start of 05 and it seemed to have worked out...the rest is history.

Hey Eela, PJ at 5/8 in 2007?

You just brought forward an interesting suggestion. ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Why does everyone dislike Riddell? fmd he's an important member to our side, and i feel that much more confident what he adds to the side from the interchange bench, he's a player we desperately need.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Why does everyone dislike Riddell? fmd he's an important member to our side, and i feel that much more confident what he adds to the side from the interchange bench, he's a player we desperately need.

I don't think anyone dislikes him, it's just that some people like myself would prefer PJ to Piggy. He definitely does adds value to the team, especially with attitude and aggression but due to salary cap restrictions, I dont think it's feasable to have both in your squad, especially seeing they are both here to play in the No.9 jersey.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Hey Eela, PJ at 5/8 in 2007?

You just brought forward an interesting suggestion. ;-)

Finch imo is still a better option, PJ's doing just fine where he is.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
Finch imo is still a better option, PJ's doing just fine where he is.

Finch should be the better option, whether he plays like it is a different matter.

I'm hoping he comes good but am still waiting........

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Finch should be the better option, whether he plays like it is a different matter.

I'm hoping he comes good but am still waiting........

no doubt there are areas that need to be improved including what's obvious to everyone but off the ball he's been great. drovers dog infact.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
no doubt there are areas that need to be improved including what's obvious to everyone but off the ball he's been great. drovers dog infact.

He actually looks better when he try's to run the ball. He should leave the passing game to Timmy and concentrate on running. The next 2-3 weeks are a good test for him.

Latest posts