What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary better than Price

winnie the pooh

Juniors
?I am not going to comment on something that I haven?t officially finished,? McGregor said.

?I am not going to go down that road.

?I have said it originally and you know how straight a shooter I am.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ut-of-nrl-talent/story-fni3fbgz-1227054474405

Yeah yeah yeah. He said it. Once. I get it. We all get it. Objective View regurgitates it daily. It may have been funny once but what point is he trying to get across othr than the fact he's a knob.
Tbh I'm not sure what's more annoying; "straight shooter" "homie" or pretty much anything Dino says.

Thank god for the FFB.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So the drop in form after that great winning run had nothing to do with losing the whole backrow which were the catalyst of the wins? Losing Merrin, De Bellin, Thomo and Friz and replacing them with Matthews, Marketo, Illoane, Creagh and moving Cooper there was suppose to keep the team rolling? Saints had potentially the best backrow firing in all cylinders at the time and were talked as Origin bolters.

Friz, Thomo, Merrin and De Belin were at their career best form during that winning streak then got injured or suspended. Losing them all in 1 hit will not only hurt Saints but any team. People seem to forget that?

Dorsai

Juniors
So the drop in form after that great winning run had nothing to do with losing the whole backrow which were the catalyst of the wins? Losing Merrin, De Bellin, Thomo and Friz and replacing them with Matthews, Marketo, Illoane, Creagh and moving Cooper there was suppose to keep the team rolling? Saints had potentially the best backrow firing in all cylinders at the time and were talked as Origin bolters.

Friz, Thomo, Merrin and De Belin were at their career best form during that winning streak then got injured or suspended. Losing them all in 1 hit will not only hurt Saints but any team. People seem to forget that?

Point taken. I agree that loosing players will affect the side and form.

Matthews and Marketo have both played well. Cooper plays well wherever he plays. The only issues there are Illoane and Creagh though we should have been able to keep some type of form with Marshall, Widdop, and Dugan in the rear pushing the guys forward.

A well thought out game is a match or backs and forwards playing together. That is the part that fell apart more than anything. Form and lack of players at points but we have had plenty of time for these players to re-gel. It is a coaching and player problem.

I see your point though and can accept it is part of the bigger issue.

DRAGONS2016

Juniors
Top coach. Will take us places in the next 2 years.

Meh. I am not so sure. I hope time tells us as much but he needs to be able to attract some quality players who want to play under him and the jury is out on that. It's really hard for a fan to know just how effective a coach is. He makes some poor selections at times but what we don't scrutinise are the several things he does well.

For years (2 decades online anyway) the quality of the current coach has been fiercerly debated and in all that time only Bennett - The Great Wayne Bennett has been able to get us across the line. It says a lot.

I can't see McGregor winning us a premiership with this group.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Next years group with the inclusion of Farrah and rein off the greener pastures along with that ranga Green will be much stronger and smarter

fribberjabbit

Juniors
Better than Price definitely. Not the solution though. Our attack is non existent barring random feats of individual brilliance.
But I have to say the defence and commitment tonight were a credit to the coaching staff.

V

Vasilevsky

Better than Price definitely. Not the solution though. Our attack is non existent barring random feats of individual brilliance.
But I have to say the defence and commitment tonight were a credit to the coaching staff.

I'm not convinced. Aitken, Matautai, Nightingale need to improve on this season. No doubt. The former 2 are still young and I think can do that. Nightingale may need to go back from whence he came. An interchange utility. I was impressed by the attack in the period between half-time and Benji's injury. He appeared to take it upon himself. IMO, something he needs to do on a regular basis next year.

Widdop has been very open about wanting to be the dominant playmaker but I just don't think he is up to it. He is an outstanding foil for a dominant playmaker. To this end I would like to see Benji made captain for next year. I hope Widdop won't mind but if he does, hello Hutchinson.

You want better attack? Give Benji more control! That's just my opinion.

Obviously I was very impressed by his performance tonight. I've been impressed by his performances all year. Even when making mistakes he has always looked the most likely to break the teams attacking shackles.

I'm utterly frustrated by Dragons supporters calling for his ouster. I have no doubt they (mostly. 'Coast Dragons' being an obvious exception) care about the Dragons as much as I but can't understand their opinions at all.

IMO Dragons need to give Benji more control and extent his contract ASAP.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Bunji is 30 years old, his next contract will be his last and he is looking for a big payday. He is the exact sort of player that has landed the dragons in trouble before with salary cap issues and holding back another young payer. We don't want another Nathan fein, or Dan hunt situation.

Benji should not be given a new deal next year should be his last but the Dragons have really f**ked up letting Crook move on.

I had a feeling as soon as Clune started playing NSW Cup that Crook was on the outer even when they shifted Blake Wallace into the halves that had me worried.

If Crook is truly gone they need to sign Wallace he can cover 1,6 and 7 plus he is a good goal kicker to boot.

hazzbeen

Bench
Benji should not be given a new deal next year should be his last but the Dragons have really f**ked up letting Crook move on.

I had a feeling as soon as Clune started playing NSW Cup that Crook was on the outer even when they shifted Blake Wallace into the halves that had me worried.

If Crook is truly gone they need to sign Wallace he can cover 1,6 and 7 plus he is a good goal kicker to boot.

Hi Coast..... mate you seem to be up to date with whats happening... Do you have any idea how Luke Page( not sure on the spelling) went after his short run in first grade....?

Was solid but thats about it I think he's been pigeon holed by the runs seen on youtube as he is very limited in what he can actually do.

I see him as nothing more then a NSW Cup Qld Cup style player.

Other players who should have been given more time with the Cutters instead of page Jacon Lind and Fraser Alcock both got f**ked around by Logan who is certainly on the nose with alot of people.

hazzbeen

Bench
Was solid but thats about it I think he's been pigeon holed by the runs seen on youtube as he is very limited in what he can actually do.

I see him as nothing more then a NSW Cup Qld Cup style player.

Other players who should have been given more time with the Cutters instead of page Jacon Lind and Fraser Alcock both got f**ked around by Logan who is certainly on the nose with alot of people.

Thanks ... buddy, so looks like he will not be in the mix...

Lex

Juniors
I'm not convinced. Aitken, Matautai, Nightingale need to improve on this season. No doubt. The former 2 are still young and I think can do that. Nightingale may need to go back from whence he came. An interchange utility. I was impressed by the attack in the period between half-time and Benji's injury. He appeared to take it upon himself. IMO, something he needs to do on a regular basis next year.

Widdop has been very open about wanting to be the dominant playmaker but I just don't think he is up to it. He is an outstanding foil for a dominant playmaker. To this end I would like to see Benji made captain for next year. I hope Widdop won't mind but if he does, hello Hutchinson.

You want better attack? Give Benji more control! That's just my opinion.

Obviously I was very impressed by his performance tonight. I've been impressed by his performances all year. Even when making mistakes he has always looked the most likely to break the teams attacking shackles.

I'm utterly frustrated by Dragons supporters calling for his ouster. I have no doubt they (mostly. 'Coast Dragons' being an obvious exception) care about the Dragons as much as I but can't understand their opinions at all.

IMO Dragons need to give Benji more control and extent his contract ASAP.

I thought Aitken was very good last night, particularly after Benji was replaced.

V

Vasilevsky

I thought Aitken was very good last night, particularly after Benji was replaced.

I think Aitken has continued to improve as the season has progressed. I wasn't convinced at all earlier in the season but I'm starting to come around. I still think he needs to improve and can do that to a large extent, especially if he has Benji calling the shots inside him and Widdop merely acting as Benji's foil rather than trying to be the dominant playmaker himself.