What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason v Kidwell

MKEB...

Staff member
nqboy said:
And it's so typical of the Kiwi culture that all the focus is on the big hit instead of the final score. They have always preferred winning the fight to winning the game. Dumb.

That is one of the worset generalizations that I have ever heard.

True, we like to see big hits.
Do you honestly think that the Kiwi side just goes out too hit and maim people. Believe it or not, we do try and win every game. That regularly doesnt eventuate.

How do you relate that to Kiwi Culture?

Mr Saab

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
BTW Kidwell should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and charged with assault by the police. No doubt the courrupt nz police will fail to act though.

Drugs are bad.
If you couldnt lip read what Willie said then you need to visit OPSM.

nqboy

First Grade
mad kiwi elloco bandido said:
That is one of the worset generalizations that I have ever heard.

True, we like to see big hits.
Do you honestly think that the Kiwi side just goes out too hit and maim people. Believe it or not, we do try and win every game. That regularly doesnt eventuate.

How do you relate that to Kiwi Culture?
Just something I've always seen in your football. It goes with all the cheap shots and unnecessary niggle you fellas like so much.

ozbash

Referee
It goes with all the cheap shots and unnecessary niggle you fellas like so much.

yep, you seem to get one every sunday :roll:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
gunnamatta bay said:
I see. You have no idea what he was saying then. Or are you deaf as well as stupid?

:lol::lol:

What else do you think he said?

Truck off? There weren't any trucks to get off the field.

MKEB...

Staff member
nqboy said:
Just something I've always seen in your football. It goes with all the cheap shots and unnecessary niggle you fellas like so much.

So how do you relate that to our culture?

I take it that you are conveniently ignoring an incident leading to aussies first try where Mannering was pinned with a forearm to his throat on our goal line.
Get real mate, that never got a thread dedicated to it, the Roos do like as much niggle as the Kiwis.

MKEB...

Staff member
IanRitchie said:
:lol::lol:

What else do you think he said?

Truck off? There weren't any trucks to get off the field.

Maybe he said "suck off". Whilst looking at Kidwell. I wouldnt like it he said that to me either. :lol::lol:

wouldn't have calle dit a cheap shot...looked to me like it was a decent shot made better by the back of Kidwells head hitting Mason's face...no head clash, no big deal, just a good shot. As it were, Willie has a decent shiner

simostorm

Bench
Stuff that was a good game, first half was intense,
gotta love the drama, fights, big hits, beautiful stuff,
if that stuff never happened probally would have been another
broing test match where australia hammers the kiwis.
Man cant wait to go to them game next week at docklands,
should be good.

Leagueguy

Juniors
Why do people have to respect the Haka? It is in an intimidation tactic? It's an adversarial warrior dance. Mason thought it was just crap. I laugh when it happens. I wouldn't be laughing out on the field , but if Mason isn't scared, good on him. Its also good for the game. I'd love it if the whole australian team turned there backs or stood there laughing. While no one is actually saying it, i think a lot are hinting that it has some hint of racism about it. I don't care if it is maori culture. Its important to them but not to us.

Mr Saab

Referee
simostorm said:
Stuff that was a good game, first half was intense,
gotta love the drama, fights, big hits, beautiful stuff,
if that stuff never happened probally would have been another
broing test match where australia hammers the kiwis.
Man cant wait to go to them game next week at docklands,
should be good.

Agree. Best physical NZ Aust test match since 1998 game 2 at Lang Park...that was physical

MKEB...

Staff member
Leagueguy said:
Why do people have to respect the Haka? It is in an intimidation tactic? It's an adversarial warrior dance. Mason thought it was just crap. I laugh when it happens. I wouldn't be laughing out on the field , but if Mason isn't scared, good on him. Its also good for the game. I'd love it if the whole australian team turned there backs or stood there laughing. While no one is actually saying it, i think a lot are hinting that it has some hint of racism about it. I don't care if it is maori culture. Its important to them but not to us.

It is also a way of psyching yourself up.

innsaneink

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
I'll take it you concede you can't prove anything then. Get a lawyer son, make sure he's a good one.
Look out, Four corners' perry mason is in da building.

Youre more an embarrasment than mason is, gunna.

BTW Kidwell should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute and charged with assault by the police. No doubt the courrupt nz police will fail to act though.

Perry Mason, or maybe Tommy Chong?

jamesgould

Juniors
From the youtube clip someone posted in another thread, it's pretty clear Mason wasn't blindsided ... nice attempt to save face though Willie!

Just a shame that this is all the Kiwi fans have to get excited about ... with a bit more match-fitness I hope next week will be different.

NPK

Bench
Leagueguy said:
I find it a little odd that the non-maori players also do the haka. It'd be like the aboriginal players in the Kangaroos side doing a war dance and the caucasian players joining in, even though it's not their culture.

NPK said:
I find it a little odd that the non-maori players also do the haka. It'd be like the aboriginal players in the Kangaroos side doing a war dance and the caucasian players joining in, even though it's not their culture.

yes but aborigini culture isnt as entrenched in Australian culture as Maori culture is here.