What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mason v Kidwell

lionheart008

Juniors
I love a good tackle, but the hit on mason was not my idea of a 'good hit'. It was contact with the head/shoulder of kidwell that did the damage to Mason; it had no technique at all. It was like a shoulder charge.

I like the kind of tackles when they are picked up and drove back etc regardless of which team I'm going for.

If you want to talk about good tackles by Kidwell, the one on Petero in the grand final was a beauty. (and I'm a Broncos supporter)

The one in the test was nothing spectacular, it just pumped up NZ.

I did watch the video on youtube and I'm 100% sure Mason swore during the Haka. Even if he thought it was absolute rubbish he should have just thought it. It was disrespectful. I'm Australian and I love seeing the Haka :p

I know it's a different type of tune but in the past at big events alot of Australians used to sing Matilda. I'm sure many of them would be offended if people from other countries started swearing during it.

Let's put it into perspective.

It is dissapointing, I've noticed Willie has really clearned himself up this year on and off the field, this is just a setback.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Frank_Grimes said:
It's quite sad that people claim Kidwell's hit was so great on Willie. Sure it was a good solid shoulder charge. But the back of Kidwell's head did all the work to make Mason stay down. Make no mistake, without that head clash, I think we would be seeing Willie stand straight back up to play the ball. The mere fact that once Willie did get up, his eye had swelled up to the size of a lemon proves that Kidwell's head did the most damage.

I'd like to see Davey get straight back up after a good ole Liverpool Kiss. I would have been more impressed with his hit on Mason had his head not made contact.

:cry:

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Game_Breaker said:
Im not a expert on lip reading, but there are certain words i can lip read. f**k off are some of them

Exactly. Ive never seen anyone get so much praise for an accidental head clash.

Kidwell was the one that bounced off Mason, he fell harder. Mason didnt lose territory, he just fell slowly

And couldn't get up again and then sulked after the game.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Didn't you catch the second half? Mason played in the match again, and even set up a try for O'Meley. I'm not a fan of Willie Mason, but I think he may have copped a bit of a rough deal here. I can't think of many players who, after taking a horrible knock to the head (and let's all just face reality here, it was the head clash that really shook him, not the shoulder charge) that causes his eye to swell up like a horny toad, and being raced up the tunnel before half time, would come back out for more punishment in the second half and not only make up the numbers but also continue to make damaging metres and set up a try.

Nathan B

Juniors
Frank_Grimes said:
Didn't you catch the second half? Mason played in the match again, and even set up a try for O'Meley. I'm not a fan of Willie Mason, but I think he may have copped a bit of a rough deal here. I can't think of many players who, after taking a horrible knock to the head (and let's all just face reality here, it was the head clash that really shook him, not the shoulder charge) that causes his eye to swell up like a horny toad, and being raced up the tunnel before half time, would come back out for more punishment in the second half and not only make up the numbers but also continue to make damaging metres and set up a try.

You're making far too much sense, Frank.

ocko

juniors
From another forum:
Im sick of these Kiwis and their bullsh*t Harka.

This crap is meant to intimidate the opposition and uses the threat of violence as its basis.

But if anyone says anything about it, they get all offended.

Why are they allowed to carry on with this sh*t?

If they substituted it for their national anthem and aim it at the crowd, I would not have a problem with it.

Why do they get this special advantage?

Like I said, f**k em, and f**k their Harka.

(PS I dont give a f**k if I didnt spell it correctly).

JoeD

First Grade
I'm not a fan of Willie Mason, but I think he may have copped a bit of a rough deal here.
Regardless of how good a hit it was it was in no way a 'cheap shot'. Willie does himself no favours by bitching and moaning about it after the game. Willie claims that none of the aussie pack respect Kidwell. I wonder if that includes Cam Smith?

Latest posts