What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Electric_Eels

Juniors
yeah i wouldnt mind jamie coming back to play for us. if he wants to make amends im sure he'd produce on the footy field

Stagger eel

Staff member
PB said:
Denis just said on the radio he still hasn't spoken to senior players which flies in the face of this article.

Who's telling the truth...who knows?

just a few things..

* Greg Prichard is very close to the club, the guy know's he's sh*t and has for number of years.

* Dennis is not only a shrewd businesman but has the classic politians tonque, he gave absolutely nothing away and was again, as he did last time, skirting the issue.

* Tony Zappia and Greg Mitchell knows what's happening, those guys are involved in negotiations and sticking with budgets the only thing Dennis does is gather information from them and sign off on the contracts.

I believe there's something in this article..for the above reasons alone.

the_eel

Juniors
COACH STERLING said:
I believe everyone deserves a second chance............Welcome back son!

You may be right sterlo......but christ he owes us big time!!! He would want to play out of his skin if he wants to get many supporters back on side (thats if he does come back at all :roll:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tyler Durden said:
nobody will open that can of worms.
most clubs have already signed off-contract players for next year, all they are waiting is for the calendar to tick over to July 1st before it's announced.

just remember when it's before June 30!!

it's "expressions of interest" and "letters of itent"

;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Get him on The Footy Show or NRL on Fox and get them to ask him out right. At this stage it is still all media speculation.....

fish eel

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Get him on The Footy Show or NRL on Fox and get them to ask him out right. At this stage it is still all media speculation.....

you just want to see him squirm

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
you just want to see him squirm

That too. At the moment this all could be a media campaign to throw the spotlight off of Manly. Make him answer the questions in a forum we can all see rather than let his "sources" report it to the media.

strider

Post Whore
Lyon was given a 2nd chance ..... when he walked out the club was good to him and said yeah take some time and when you are ready come back - they never said, u lying prick you walk now don't bother coming back ... at no stage did they ever tell him to get nicked .... as far as i am concerned that is 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances.

People demand professionalism from our coach/officials/players - Lyon has NEVER EVER been professional about all this - if you look up unprofessional in the dictionary there's a picture of him (well ok, maybe just my dictionary cos i pasted a piccy of him in there :lol:) ... a prefessional player would have stuck it out a while and tried to negotiate a release, if not immediately then the end of the season .... but he went off like a wally and acted like a prick.

just cos he's missed out on origins and tests etc etc doesn't mean he didn't leave us in the lurch big time .... and i know cleal was in his ear, but he's gotta be able to make his own judgement on the right way to go about things - people say he was just an impressionable kid, for goodness sake he was old enough to know what he was doing was wrong, he wasn't 16.

Anyway - if he comes back then so be it, I won't be overly worried, I just don't have a very good impression of the guy any more.

Avenger

Immortal
I cannot believe some of the opinions here.

Lets assume the article is correct. If it is then it is obvious that Lyon knows he made a mistake and wants to redeem himself. Does he need to make a public announcement and cry for the cameras for you people to forgive him?

For f*ck sake he has more talent then Morris, Smith and Delaney put together, yet the prima donnas on this forum will not forgive and forget.

To the stubborn ones I say swallow your pride and accept back one of the most talented players that has ever worn the blue and gold.

The Colonel

Immortal
Avenger said:
Lets assume the article is correct. If it is then it is obvious that Lyon knows he made a mistake and wants to redeem himself. Does he need to make a public announcement and cry for the cameras for you people to forgive him?

I won't believe the bloke is genuine and wants to redeem himself until he signs on the dotted line. He doesn't need to cry, just squirm or at least show he is genuine rather than have it reported in some newspaper by an unnamed source.

For f*ck sake he has more talent then Morris, Smith and Delaney put together, yet the prima donnas on this forum will not forgive and forget.

To the stubborn ones I say swallow your pride and accept back one of the most talented players that has ever worn the blue and gold.

If you don't like my opinion on it than tough. I'm not keen on yours but I'm not calling you a prima donna because you don't agree with me. You might need to swallow some of yours as well and understand we don't have to agree with you. It is called an opinion..... respect others and they may respect yours.

Smith and Delaney are reported to be bending over backwards to stay at the joint. Lyon didn't show that sort of backbone a couple of years ago and I rather show some loyalty to the blokes that want to be here....

ParraAds

Juniors
no one really knows the true reason behind why he left, if there was a problem with coach smith, as in, a serious problem which meant he could not stay at the club, then maybe he was within his rights to leave. he never came out publically and expressed this, but he may have just wanted to bag his coach in public? we dont know....so lets not pretend to be experts, if the players and management are happy with him to come back, than so am i, the guy is a rare talent.

Avenger

Immortal
The Colonel said:
I won't believe the bloke is genuine and wants to redeem himself until he signs on the dotted line. He doesn't need to cry, just squirm or at least show he is genuine rather than have it reported in some newspaper by an unnamed source.
Are you assuming that Lyon is driving this article?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:

I've just checked the Redvee site and if you believe them? then we're having this discussion over nothing because Jamie has apparently agreed to an extension at St Helens for 12 months.

if that's the case? half of you would be happy the other half can now hate him again..;-)

they say he'll make an announcement on Friday.

Parraren

Bench
There are 2 realistic scenario's at play here..

1. He's genuine and wants to make amends for dogging us BIG time.

2. It's a strategic media drama to divert attention away from the fact that he will eventually "officially" sign with Manly (although if that happens we all know he was signed sealed and delivered 12 months ago).

I'm still not convinced either way.

strider

Post Whore
my view on this has nothing to with lyon's amount of talent - i have never said he is not talented - he's a gun .... i just don't like what he did and i haven't seen any proof that he regrets it other than unnamed sources

another thing to keep in mind - this is just another of a long running series of newspaper articles about him - st helens, manly, st george, souths, canberra have all been mentioned at times ... but parra (and st helens) is still the only club that can officially talk to him at the moment, so we won't read anything more substantial about any other club ... those ppl who really want him back shouldn't get their hopes up until there is some reporting of real substance - I think his manager is just playing the field at the moment

Avenger

Immortal
And another thing

I really I couldn't give a sh*t who wants to stay or go anymore. I don't care if he has given 100+ games of service but now has lost it (or never had it)and some people think we owe him something. I just want the eels to win a comp.

And if Lyon will help to achieve this, so be it.

Latest posts