What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
There are 2 realistic scenario's at play here..

1. He's genuine and wants to make amends for dogging us BIG time.

2. It's a strategic media drama to divert attention away from the fact that he will eventually "officially" sign with Manly (although if that happens we all know he was signed sealed and delivered 12 months ago).

I'm still not convinced either way.

or stay at St Helens, which is now a realistic chance.

Lowey3

Juniors
What's knew ?

It's been the same bloody article for the last 4 months!!

There is not one quote in there from either Lyon or he's agent!

Apparantly he signed a 1 year extension today with St Helens - he wants to be back in OZ for the world cup. There is meant to be an announcement at the Good Friday game against Wigan.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
What's knew ?

It's been the same bloody article for the last 4 months!!

There is not one quote in there from either Lyon or he's agent!

Apparantly he signed a 1 year extension today with St Helens - he wants to be back in OZ for the world cup. There is meant to be an announcement at the Good Friday game against Wigan.

your right, no one quoted.

but then you used the word apparently to him signing a contract.

what's your source??

Nickeel

Juniors
Fitting that this seems to be coming to a head on Good Friday. :lol:

Jokes aside, I'd have him back.

Nick

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Parraren said:
2. It's a strategic media drama to divert attention away from the fact that he will eventually "officially" sign with Manly (although if that happens we all know he was signed sealed and delivered 12 months ago).

i also thought that it was a done deal with manly, but with the recent releasing of kane cleal and crusher out of the joint, somehow, my guess is that they have not signed jamie up as yet

let's wait and see.....

Lowey3

Juniors
eelavation said:
your right, no one quoted.

but then you used the word apparently to him signing a contract.

what's your source??

I'm mates with a few of the young Saints lads ( Clough, Tyrer, Bannister ).

All they've been told by the club is that Lyon was holdng talks with St Helens, today and yesterday.

Then the rumours circulated on Redvee that he had signed an extension with the reason being that he'll stay for one more year so he can return for the world cup.

BB (Redvee moderator) has people inside the club that give him information.. Redvee where the ones that revealed Cayless, Vinnie Anderson and Francis Meli had all signed before the Media.

As a Saints fan i dont really mind either way.

For me he is the best centre in the world, he is an absolute joy to watch!! kicks over the top, flick passes, fast hands, offloads, try saving tackles and a great kicker at goal. (bloody awesome).

If he rejoins the Eels or any other NRL team then atleast us St Helens fans can say ' he was a legend for us' after he returns and rips up your competition once again.

All the best to him!!

One thing that i notice from them dodgy articles is that the writer constantly reveals that Lyon has been playing at 6? he should bother watching the British game. Jamie Lyon has played about 3 games at five eigth since he arrived. (that's another reason to suggest the article is just yet another story).

Avenger

Immortal
Tyler Durden said:
i also thought that it was a done deal with manly, but with the recent releasing of kane cleal and crusher out of the joint, somehow, my guess is that they have not signed jamie up as yet

let's wait and see.....

Is Crusher gone too???

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
I'm mates with a few of the young Saints lads ( Clough, Tyrer, Bannister ).

All they've been told by the club is that Lyon was holdng talks with St Helens, today and yesterday.

Then the rumours circulated on Redvee that he had signed an extension with the reason being that he'll stay for one more year so he can return for the world cup.

BB (Redvee moderator) has people inside the club that give him information.. Redvee where the ones that revealed Cayless, Vinnie Anderson and Francis Meli had all signed before the Media.

As a Saints fan i dont really mind either way.

For me he is the best centre in the world, he is an absolute joy to watch!! kicks over the top, flick passes, fast hands, offloads, try saving tackles and a great kicker at goal. (bloody awesome).

If he rejoins the Eels or any other NRL team then atleast us St Helens fans can say ' he was a legend for us' after he returns and rips up your competition once again.

All the best to him!!

One thing that i notice from them dodgy articles is that the writer constantly reveals that Lyon has been playing at 6? he should bother watching the British game. Jamie Lyon has played about 3 games at five eigth since he arrived. (that's another reason to suggest the article is just yet another story).

ok! I guess we'll see what happens...the pedulum seems to have swung in your favour.

fish eel

Immortal
Avenger said:
because Cayless is still sh*tty about him leaving.

And he has every right to.

I'd be happy to have Lyon back. But I'm not one of the mates he walked out on.

If the reason for him staying on in the UK and not coming back to Parramatta is because Nathan Cayless is still pissed off with him, why sheet the blame home to Cayless?

Shouldn't Lyon be man enough to face the people he wronged???

Avenger

Immortal
fish eel said:
And he has every right to.

I'd be happy to have Lyon back. But I'm not one of the mates he walked out on.

If the reason for him staying on in the UK and not coming back to Parramatta is because Nathan Cayless is still pissed off with him, why sheet the blame home to Cayless?

Shouldn't Lyon be man enough to face the people he wronged???

fish I am having a shot at Cayless. It's just me. Lately our Captain seems to be talking more in the media then trying to do what he is supposed to do on the field.

He is lately sounding like Josh Perry.

Utey

Coach
Iam sure Jamie wants to make an impression to regain his green and gold jumper. He cant do that there.

Lowey3

Juniors
eelavation said:
ok! I guess we'll see what happens...the pedulum seems to have swung in your favour.

That's all we can do mate, i'll keep you updated after the match on Friday.

We're not bitter about the possibility he may be going back down under, we where resigned to the fact we would lose him after 2 years. (after reports from your lot back in 2004, we thourght he would'nt last 4 months in the UK).

Parramatta fans should give him another chance imo.

He's the most popular player in our changing room and constantly goes to promotion for young kids etc...

How about this..... he has also put he's name down on the register list to help save the lifes of two little kids that need a bone marrow transplant. (both of them will definately die if nobody matches their bone type).

Surely there must of been something wrong between him and Smith.

fish eel

Immortal
Avenger said:
fish I am having a shot at Cayless. It's just me. Lately our Captain seems to be talking more in the media then trying to do what he is supposed to do on the field.

He is lately sounding like Josh Perry.

I know your having a shot at Cayless. On some things your right (only some ;-) ). I've been saying we and he talk to much since before round 1.

But, I think to have a shot at him over the possibility of Lyon staying in the UK, is pointless, and is aimed at the wrong target.