What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive News: SMH: Runaway Lyon says he's keen to rejoin Parramatta

Avenger

Immortal
fish eel said:
I know your having a shot at Cayless. On some things your right (only some ;-) ). I've been saying we and he talk to much since before round 1.

But, I think to have a shot at him over the possibility of Lyon staying in the UK, is pointless, and is aimed at the wrong target.

I just want to get rid of him, fish. He is f*cked. Ask the NZ selectors they will tell you.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Lowey3 said:
That's all we can do mate, i'll keep you updated after the match on Friday.

We're not bitter about the possibility he may be going back down under, we where resigned to the fact we would lose him after 2 years. (after reports from your lot back in 2004, we thourght he would'nt last 4 months in the UK).

Parramatta fans should give him another chance imo.

He's the most popular player in our changing room and constantly goes to promotion for young kids etc...

How about this..... he has also put he's name down on the register list to help save the lifes of two little kids that need a bone marrow transplant. (both of them will definately die if nobody matches their bone type).

Surely there must of been something wrong between him and Smith.

cheers!

make sure you do keep us posted.

Lowey3

Juniors
Avenger said:

Well you lot seemed to hide from that fact when he left your club.

I was dreading the fact that he would arrive in England and leave after a couple of months because of the Wheather or him being homesick.

However he is completly different from what Parramatta fans suggested e.g. Quitter, only intersted in money, too fat, causes trouble in the changing room, big ego etc.....

After seeing him play in Snow, -5 degrees wheather and constant rain, i can confirm i have'nt seen a Australia import more commited to the cause than Jamie.

I would happily give him the captaincy on the pitch.

Also putting he's name down on a bone marrow list, also shows what a decent bloke he is.

What ever the news, atleast it now looks like he wont be going to Manly :D

Brian and Brians Wife Called Jamie to ask what the problem was and never got a reply other then I just can't hack the city.

Avenger

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
Brian and Brians Wife Called Jamie to ask what the problem was and never got a reply other then I just can't hack the city.

I heard that interview too on 2UE. It didn't sound convincing to me.

Surely he had a perception that maybe Jamie doesn't like him.

Lowey3

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
It was Lyon hiding from the fact as to why he left the club

To be fair it should be the clubs responsobility to tell their fans the reason he decided he wanted out.

Imagine the bad press Brian Smith would of received had Lyon bagged him in the press ?

Tony Smith (Leeds coach) was commenting last season about how much Brian Smith wanted him to stay but they never seen eye to eye with each other. It obviously got to far.

Unfotunately because Rugby League is in the Media it's unlike your average job - where you would rightly quit / ask to be moved - if you never got on with your working manager.

Stagger eel

Staff member
then there was the infamous letter..no one really knows what went on and why he POQ'd...

eel4life

Juniors
Size Speed can defend can attack Skill ...

1. Joel Reddy Or Wade
2. Delaney
3. B. Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Tim Smith

I dont care what people think but at the end of the day if Lyon wants to come back and the players want him back then so be it.

Are you guys serious you wouldnt want to see this for the next 3 years ...

They say in the next month or so we know what is going to happen with Jamie but for now

1. Wade
2. Delaney
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Smith

Still is a great backline just need the forwards to go with it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eel4life said:
Size Speed can defend can attack Skill ...

1. Joel Reddy Or Wade
2. Delaney
3. B. Smith
4. Timana Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Jamie Lyon
7. Tim Smith

I dont care what people think but at the end of the day if Lyon wants to come back and the players want him back then so be it.

Are you guys serious you wouldnt want to see this for the next 3 years ...

They say in the next month or so we know what is going to happen with Jamie but for now

1. Wade
2. Delaney
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Smith

Still is a great backline just need the forwards to go with it.

great! except he'll be more than likely staying at St Helens now. ;-)

_goParra

Juniors
Jame Played a Grand total of 3 games at 5/8 for St Helens.

He only plays at 5/8 for Wee Waa Panthers (significant difference to NRL).

So why do people keep referring him as our future GUN 5/8

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm getting a little ticked off with the amount of Jamie threads can we try and keep it to one please?

for the time being.

strider

Post Whore
so - theory is he wants to stay in the UK for another year?

what's the chances Manly can't clear their cap money for another season :lol:

the_eel

Juniors
strider said:
so - theory is he wants to stay in the UK for another year?

what's the chances Manly can't clear their cap money for another season :lol:

there might be some truth in that. A one season extension sounds pretty unusual doesn't it.