What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mat Rogers to the Titans

Boodoo

Juniors
innsaneink said:
ULT_7332.jpg

LOL...they carry on with a lot of crap dont they....lights smoke dramatic music & entrance, parading him round like a prize heifer...bet he felt a right git...

I hope in their attempts to be new, innovative and novel, they dont end up becoming an embarrasment to the game.
Im seriously reminded of another time with a lot of what the titans do, a time thats best left in the past.

thats not a special effect

thats wendell out the back suckin down a few bongs while tryin to decide how to approach the titans for a run

Simo

First Grade
Willow said:
Not quite.
Born February 1 1976.
He will be 32 in 2008.

I stand corrected. They said on the news he was 31 now so in my brain I went 2008-2006=2 + 31 =33!

Either way I still see him as ordinary value.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Fair dinkum. Matt Rogers nose has to be the worst nose in the world. I actually wished I wasn't watching in High Definition....

taipan

Referee
Woods99 said:
In the context of the discussion about professionalism in sport, 1968 is fairly recent.

Some of your colleagues are banging on about the damage that the Vichy regime in France did to your code...............they were gone in 1945.

Yes. And in Australia, and many other countries, amateurism prevailed.

I am simply pointing out the facts of history, not defending them.

Apparenty the "idiot sons" were good enough to play county cricket, and Test cricket?

There is no evidence that I am aware of that professionals were discriminated against in selection, other than that they could not captain the MCC (England).

The "old union mates" are doing pretty well around the world since the game went professional, aren't they?

As far as I know, there is still a distinction maintained within golf between amateurs and professionals, particularly at the elite level. I do not claim to understand the intricacies of it.

GM, I do not know what your particular problems in life are. You seem to be a particularly sad person. All I have done in this thread is to point out the facts of sporting history. Amateurism was the norm in British sports until quite recently. I did not make that happen. As a rugby person, amateurism, and the loss of good players to league on a regular basis throughout my lifetime caused me a fair bit of pain.

League has done well in Australia, mainly because it was professional. It has struggled elsewhere. That is undeniable. Perhaps you could address your anger and your energy towards working out just why that is?

The fact Mat Rogers returned to rugby league doen't surprise me also Lote looking at maybe doing the same.The frustration in getting hold of the ball playing union sticks out like d.gs balls on their faces.
Mat has in fact gone back to a rugby code.
As a rugby person and learning about and watching the cream of rugby league players being poached to play union in France(during the supposed amateur days) gave me a lot of pain.You see hypocrisy about amateurism in union does that to me.Vichy may have gone, its legacy of degrading rugby league, aided by the post war French govts saw that it continued.
Also hearing about a well known Wallaby who turned down a huge offer to play rugby league ,when union was supposedly amateur,something to do with a better deal :a beachside apartment. Rest assured it was later than 68.
So rugby league is struggling in the UK as an example of elsewhere Woods,with record SL crowds for 2006,a semi pro team in Wales and tremendous growth in that country,added to the growth in London and the South.They are facts in history.
How dare Rogers and possibly Tuqiri return to rugby league,after all union has done for them,the audacity!:sarcasm: