What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai disrespecting the Aussie National anthem

Snappy

Coach
Firstly congrats to Manly on the win. I hate the filth but didnt want to see The warriors (pretenders) win the NRL.

So did anyone see see Matai during the Australian National Anthem ?

Clowning around by putting the two fingers (like antenna's) behind the head of the team-mate standing beside him. Making a mockery of the anthem IMO. I know he's a Kiwi, but a little respect is to expected by any NRL player on GF day.

Thoughts ? Maybe im over-reacting because it was Matai. I just thought it was very disrepectful.

hellteam

First Grade
What do you expect, its matai. He got lucky the rest of his team played well because he was just about the worst player on the field tonight

macavity

Referee
Kick him out of the country.

Nothing to do with rabbit ears, just for being a general asshat.

Typical Matai - mind you if one of the Aussies was doing the same thing during the Kiwi anthem, I am sure he wouldnt care.

no name

Coach
Absolute scumbag.
The likes of Maloney, Luck, Mateo and Lillyman stood and acknowledged that their teammates were singing their anthem.
Matai has and always will be a tool.

Glen

Bench
Remember the uproar from the precious Kiwis when Willie Mason was supposedly "disrespecting" the Haka?

Stupid and immature

There's a certain respect that should be held during the national Anthems.

How would he react if an Aussie was been disrespectable whilst he was doing the haka?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Chicken Little stuff.
Clowning around by putting the two fingers (like antenna's) behind the head of the team-mate standing beside him.
They're called rabbit ears. You've never done that?

Matai is a dopey kid, but at least he hasn't been living under a rock.

beads6

First Grade
I hate Matai and he is clearly thick but it is really being petty with this shit,.

Didgi

It was stupid of him but do you really think he was disrespecting the anthem? He was just trying to clear some nerves, have a joke.

Latest posts