What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai disrespecting the Aussie National anthem

*Paul*

Juniors
Out of all the things to complain about. Bunny ears is not in the top 5.

I agree, the quality of whining has been very low. Yesterday I was expecting a veritable avalanche of whinging about the ref had Manly won, but very little has surfaced.

Snappy

Coach
As stated I have no issue with Manly winning, so Im not looking for something to whinge about just cause its Manly.

As soon as I saw it I thought It was stupid and disrespectful. Maybe that wasnt his intention, but thats what it was. If its not your anthem, just stand there and acknowldge it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I was taught you stand and show respect for the anthem.

What hope do the kids of people like this have.
Well with respect, you must be much younger than me. When I was a kid, pride for country used to be something that was held quietly. We didn't need to stand during anthems, we didn't hold songs or flags above people. We just simply knew we lived in a great country and respected another person's right to do their own thing.

Nowadays, some people are ready to go the biff if you choose not to follow the mob. What hope for the kids... indeed.

blaza88z

Coach
Typical Matai - mind you if one of the Aussies was doing the same thing during the Kiwi anthem, I am sure he wouldnt care.

bullshit

I remember years ago when an aussie laughed at the haka when standing in front of it, he got the snot beat out of him

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Let's face it. Manly may be champions but their roster has a combined mental age of 11. Watmough, the Stewart bros, matai and Lyon are all immature.

JB538

Juniors
Its wrong,
Matai is a sook anyway, every game he clutches one of his shoulders every time he makes a mistake or misses a tackle lmao.

I don't like Matai but I appreciated that gesture from him. If you're going to play the two national anthems and pan the camera past the teams to try and play up an Australia vs. New Zealand clash, maybe group actually group the aussies and the kiwis.

blaza88z

Coach
I don't like Matai but I appreciated that gesture from him. If you're going to play the two national anthems and pan the camera past the teams to try and play up an Australia vs. New Zealand clash, maybe group actually group the aussies and the kiwis.

I was thinking the same thing actually as the NZ anthem was on, how many of the Warriors team has NZ players in it, either they decided not to sing or didn't know the words..

Latest posts