What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

justadragon

Bench
we cant offer Walker anything until Nov 1, though im sure his manager has a pretty good unofficial idea about his worth.. but I just dont see money being the motivator.. he can have his pick of clubs tbh.. broncos, cows, tits, roosters, knights, dragons.. but we atleast want to make sure the Roosters r paying decent amounts out of their cap...
Do they have a salary cap :) Just asking ?

SAP58

Juniors
View attachment 92720
From being named player of the year a few years ago to becoming one of, if not the worst prop in the league. Sad to see. Just couldn’t cut it
Unfortunately the game today is way too fast for Blocker. Mobile big forwards that bend or break the line is what is needed today. He would suit the English style of football a lot better. Unfortunate but it’s reality but he no doubt bleeds red & white.

Mojo

Bench
Unfortunately the game today is way too fast for Blocker. Mobile big forwards that bend or break the line is what is needed today. He would suit the English style of football a lot better. Unfortunate but it’s reality but he no doubt bleeds red & white.
Based upon next to zero knowledge, I think he’s a decent bloke and a great Dragon‘s man. It seems a bit odd to me that he’s so obviously out of form this year. Good luck to him.

since77

Juniors
View attachment 92720
From being named player of the year a few years ago to becoming one of, if not the worst prop in the league. Sad to see. Just couldn’t cut it
Player of the year in one of the worst Dragon's teams I've had the displeasure of watching. Shows just how bad we were.
In just a few handfuls of games both the Couchmans have shown more than Blake has ever shown. I'm sure he's a nice guy but I've never once regarded him as first grade standard. Time to cut him loose.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes you are correct SAP58 , English clubs or should I say fields and type of play would be far more suitable to Blake .

It would be a shame to see a player go that possesses a heart that is all Dragon , but unfortunately in this day and age rugby league is a business and at times a cut throat business at that .

TheRev

Coach
I'm pretty confident we will take only a small haircut on all those guys bar Lawrie, Lawrie I think we might need to suck up 200k+ in 2025 & 2026.. possibly a lot more.. it depends if he is actually willing to go to the UK.. and if there is actually a contract for him there.. there cant be an unlimited number of UK contracts for every washed up NRL player.

If he doesnt want to go.. I would be putting him in reserve grade to help encourage a change of perspective.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Player of the year in one of the worst Dragon's teams I've had the displeasure of watching. Shows just how bad we were.
In just a few handfuls of games both the Couchmans have shown more than Blake has ever shown. I'm sure he's a nice guy but I've never once regarded him as first grade standard. Time to cut him loose.
I sort of came to the realisation that some of our 'best' players during the hook period (Hunt, Blocka) have become regressed while some of our 'worst' (Feagai x2, Lomax who wasn't bad but improved out of sight this year, Sloan) have become some of our best this year

Latest posts