What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai disrespecting the Aussie National anthem

Jason Maher

Immortal
Imagine the uproar if it had been Brett or Glenn Stewart during the New Zealand anthem...

I like Parra Pride's suggested punishment. ;-)

Meth

Staff member
Bloody hell, you'd think he'd raped the children's choir or something. Bunny Ears FFS. Get over it

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Australian Flag
ASTL0001.GIF

New Zealand Flag
NWZE0001.GIF

Just in case some people are having trouble telling the difference...

SingleSpeed73

Juniors
This thread needs more crybabys ...
Like none of you have ever played up when you had to sing the national anthem at school

jk13

First Grade
There r certain things in life u need to respect to be considered a decent person

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
To be fair when the Aussie anthem plays; I usually fold my arms, roll the eyes and have a quiet mutter to myself. I hate it that much. But that's me. When I saw what Matai did, it actually amused me. But it wasn't something that needed to made a big deal from honestly. He does far worse acts on the actual football field

jk13

First Grade
I guess I can relate to the passion and sacrifice I see in people's eyes when their national athemn plays

oval

Juniors
While you precious little moral guardians bitch and moan like a 15 year old Tracey Grimshaw, Steve Matai is celebrating his 2nd premiership in 4 years.

Suck it up girls!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There r certain things in life u need to respect to be considered a decent person
I hear you brother. Like I've always said, there's not enough morality nowadays. It should be God, Queen, Country... in that order.