What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matai the faker

Thread-Crap-Batman.jpg

Cloud9

Still bitter are we?

No. I congratulated Manly and Orford.
I usually can smell if someone is a faker.
He's had the injury before the GF, but played an unbelievable 40 mins with out a hint.

Also the nature of his alleged injuries are quite serious . Would you play with head and neck injuries?

Last edited:

Cloud9

So he's either fully 100% fit, or he's gone for the season.

Like, no aches and pains, small tears, cuts, twinges etc exist at the elite level? :crazy:

If thats the case, why bathe in the limelight and have a full page spread written about it?

Oh sh*t, Steve price has a chipped fingernail, lets devote page 3 to it.

MSIH

Bench
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25105156-5001023,00.html

Matai will never 'fully recover'

Article from:
By John Marsh
February 25, 2009 12:00am

TOUGH Manly centre Steve Matai has been told he won't ever fully recover from the neck and shoulder injuries which almost wrecked his 2008 season.

Looks like his alias is John Marsh from the Daily Telegraph. Talented man old Matai. Tough as nails, handy centre and a famed journalist writing for numerous media outlets. Who says you can't have it all?

willvillain

Juniors
In conclusion, we all agree its a non-story about Matai.
FFS

Nah, I'd much rather read about Greg Inglis's growing pains, Brett White's sore toe or how Michael Crocker's body simply can't take rugby league anymore (while he negotiates with any number of clubs).

Seriously, there are stories like this from every single club in the NRL. Hindy has arthritis in his feet. Locky's knees are shot but he battles on, and Mick Weyman has a new injury every training session, but you haven't said squat about them, yet you only seem bothered when the story is on Matai. It's pretty clear you're bitter about the GF dude. Don't worry, season starts soon enough....