What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Finals Week 1: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
TBF to AOB he has managed to get us playing a really tough brand of football at the right time of the year. We may not love how it looks a lot of the time but the game plan was perfect for the game we were in and we forced the Cowboys to play our game. A few errors are what cost us really.

Realistically, we need to be winning more regular season games and challenging for top 4 so that we can get home finals and hopefully a second bite of the cherry. Not just scraping into the top 8 and playing tough away games. For that to happen our team needs to be more dynamic, and fixing up our problems at half and hooker will go a long way towards that. The forwards do a pretty good job most of the time and we’ve got some pretty elite players in our back 5 so I’m not feeling like a massive overhaul is necessary but it really comes down to guys in key positions. Honestly, we don’t need elite guys in those positions necessarily, we need a hooker who can threaten and manipulate the ruck a bit more and a half with a decent kicking game.

And from here on, ladies and gents, I could not give two s#!+s who wins any further game in 2024. I don't care. Season over.

When's the cricket start?
I hope it's another Panthers Premiership. A fitting reward for a club that invests in, and develops its juniors ......anyone so long as it isnt the Roosters