What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Finals Week 1: Rabbitohs v Knights

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
That 2nd tackle grubber kick from Pearce was absolutely pathetic. Ridiculously poor. How do you kick it straight to the fullback on a surprise early play like that? I’m disgusted with the lack of quality in our halves. Those are the plays that cost you finals and it’s just not good enough.

perverse

Referee
We haven't made total arseclowns of ourselves, but the defence has been deplorable at times. At least we're holding onto the ball and making more metres up the middle. Can still win it, probably won't.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Well that half was pretty much everything we expected. The best and the worst of us.
Yet again short periods costing us massively, and wasted chances in attack.
Still in it.

Spot On

Coach
20 rounds and 39m 30s into the season and Pearce finally puts a bomb ... and gets a result!!!!

Scrum 20 m out and ... Pearce throws a ball to to Tuala.

Great set f**king play.

What's wrong with them?

Not one footballers brain in the squad.

A couple of months ago when AOB said he was going to stop focusing so much on defence to get our attack flowing, did he mean to say that we just stopped practicing altogether?

Fmd that was some of the most feeble defence you'll ever see, even by our lowly standards.

Frederick

Staff member
Tuala has been poor since switching to the other side of the field. Unfortunately it had to happen to get Best back in

K-Man

Bench
20 rounds and 39m 30s into the season and Pearce finally puts a bomb ... and gets a result!!!!

Scrum 20 m out and ... Pearce throws a ball to to Tuala.

Great set f**king play.

What's wrong with them?

Not one footballers brain in the squad.

That’s the problem. You put a genuine game manager with no running game in the number 7 and we become a force. But we don’t have it.

K-Man

Bench
No no no no no Pearce... Terrible execution, you've been kicking for over a decade how do you get it so wrong.

I will never, ever understand. I was down at the park the other day kicking the footy around and it just reminded how stupidly simple it is to kick a ball along the ground nowhere near the few people who might be able to grab it and run. How does a halfback with so much experience struggle to exercise such a basic skill?

That 2nd tackle grubber kick from Pearce was absolutely pathetic. Ridiculously poor. How do you kick it straight to the fullback on a surprise early play like that? I’m disgusted with the lack of quality in our halves. Those are the plays that cost you finals and it’s just not good enough.
Consistently awful plays like that from our leader and most experienced player are just unacceptable. If AOB is fair dinkum, he not only doesn't resign him, he starts shopping him around right now. A rookie can not possibly play consistently worse than he is now.

The way he got up in Walkers face at 14-0 showed an overly cocky attitude. Terrible leadership and only fired Souffs up. That's not what leaders are supposed to do. Had to stay calm and focused there.

Frederick

Staff member
I will never, ever understand. I was down at the park the other day kicking the footy around and it just reminded how stupidly simple it is to kick a ball along the ground nowhere near the few people who might be able to grab it and run. How does a halfback with so much experience struggle to exercise such a basic skill?
Here we go, here's our halfback of the future. K-man kicked the ball at the local park.

I'm not making excuses for Pearce, but f**k me, comparing top flight rugby league with the local park? Come on...