What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
Amazingly, we will finish this weekend only 4 points outside the 8, anything can happen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Madge is a genius. Can we win 2 in a row is the big question. For now I will revel in the glory.

This is I think the first time I've seen Madge's tactics come off. Brooks was great and led the team around as well as had his running game back. Doueihi gave us a threat out wide.

You can't bet on us winning 2 in a row. It could happen but it's unlikely. 3 in a row would be a miracle.

stryker

First Grade
Only because Knights were shithouse & were busted.Mbye will b exposed at 6 against most other teams.AD is glaringly the more superior 5/8.Will be interesting to see how long Maguire persists with today’s selections.
Our scoring options increased twofold.
Firstly Mbye moves quickly. In contrast to AD, he shifts the ball, backs up, keeps the play alive and the defence guessing. Is he great? No, but he creates opportunities for his edge runners.
This brings me to my second point. AD is a ball runner with some ball playing skills. When he only thinks about his own effort, he has been a handful at times this year. He is sensationally slow however this becomes a deception which is also creating space. Daine Laurie needs to shadow him and he’ll see a lot of open field.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This is I think the first time I've seen Madge's tactics come off. Brooks was great and led the team around as well as had his running game back. Doueihi gave us a threat out wide.

You can't bet on us winning 2 in a row. It could happen but it's unlikely. 3 in a row would be a miracle.
I won’t get excited unless we go into the leichhardt game against penrith after beating the warriors & Saints

stryker

First Grade
We won because we had all the ball. Defence still needs a whole heap of work especially defence on the edges. A couple of offloads and we look all at sea.
Yeah we completed our sets and took the chances presented, which resulted in a lot of possession early. I’d say more than anything we out-enthused them, although there was some good passages of ball movement that resulted in deserved points. The set finishes are still garbage.

Our defence was pretty aweful. Their three tries would not have been scored against the top sides. First try was scored because no one was fast enough to cover a slow, wobbly, floater to the winger. Second and Third tries were incompetent goal line defence. Massive amount of work still to do.

Amazingly, we will finish this weekend only 4 points outside the 8, anything can happen.

I saw the highlights and I agree with @stryker

Some of that goal line defence was just incompetent, embarrassing, humiliating and I wanted the floor to swallow me up.

But as a win, under my rules I have to accept it was a good game, 2 more good games needed in a row before I can return to full feral tiger mode and start growling and carrying on. Remote as that is.

What the f**k, well done lads, thank you for showing up.

No doubt @Fordy20 attended.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our scoring options increased twofold.
Firstly Mbye moves quickly. In contrast to AD, he shifts the ball, backs up, keeps the play alive and the defence guessing. Is he great? No, but he creates opportunities for his edge runners.
This brings me to my second point. AD is a ball runner with some ball playing skills. When he only thinks about his own effort, he has been a handful at times this year. He is sensationally slow however this becomes a deception which is also creating space. Daine Laurie needs to shadow him and he’ll see a lot of open field.

I think it's more like Doueihi is a threat out wide whereas Mbye isn't. Brooks can put a kick in for Doueihi or you just give him the ball and he does something. Mbye is more just a support player and hopefully defends well but he wasn't great defensively tonight.

BrisTiger

Juniors
Our defence is always suspect, has been since the great merge. Am not shocked about that.

We scored enough points tonight to win a game, and clocked off late. Meh, take the win and move to next week.

It’s funny and horrifying, watching them live tonight we are such a momentum team. Hate the grind, but if things go our way we respond. Not the footy team I want us to be, but it’s who we are right now.

I hope brother @stryker is enjoying yet another Doogie mounting tonite!

Giving his wand a good work-out for the sake of magic round at our brothers expense.

Haste-o and Doogie will nail it next season.

Remember Doogie is only 21. So far advanced for a kid it’s not funny.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I hope brother @stryker is enjoying yet another Doogie mounting tonite!

Giving his wand a good work-out for the sake of magic round at our brothers expense.

Haste-o and Doogie will nail it next season.

The further away from the ruck he gets, the better.
He’ll make a good centre...at Canterbury

stryker

First Grade
I do forget he is that young...probably because he moves like a 50 year old.
He is starting to come along, but the peak won’t be monumental...it will only have a short window before the decline. He is a great goal kicker though. That alone keeps him in first grade.

BrisTiger

Juniors
He is starting to come along, but the peak won’t be monumental...it will only have a short window before the decline. He is a great goal kicker though. That alone keeps him in first grade.
He does move like an old man, that was evident watching him live tonight. But he does also move with intent when it’s go time. I’m not against him in the centre’s, he seems to create something for us a lot, and we lack that out wide. He’s big enough to cause problems to the defensive line, and can hold his own when defending. Maybe Madge is onto something here :thinking:

I don’t know if you’ve seen the rest of our squad?!

If his peak lasts for one game that’s higher than the rest of our players will see in 100 lifetimes.

You’re way too hard on him. Hes a very good player, he’d walk straight into most other sides.

Good luck walking upright tomorrow bro, he’s done you over (again) lol.

Someone said we are 4 points from the top 8. That should be the last words ever uttered by an Australian before the Peoples Republic of China turns us into a puddle of radioactive waste.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
He does move like an old man, that was evident watching him live tonight. But he does also move with intent when it’s go time. I’m not against him in the centre’s, he seems to create something for us a lot, and we lack that out wide. He’s big enough to cause problems to the defensive line, and can hold his own when defending. Maybe Madge is onto something here :thinking:
Yep, Madge deserves some credit for the changes made?

I do forget he is that young...probably becausehe moves like a50 year old.
What about when our own Tommy T burst onto the ball, into the clear and our 7 & 9 caught up to him in no time at all. Imagine the real Tommy T, running onto that ball, imagine JAC, imagine anyone other than our own backs.