What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
What about when our own Tommy T burst onto the ball, into the clear and our 7 & 9 caught up to him in no time at all. Imagine the real Tommy T, running onto that ball, imagine JAC, imagine anyone other than our own backs.
What about JTJ moving to wing (I can't see him getting back into the centres) and giving TT a rest?

Fordy20

Juniors
What the f**k, well done lads, thank you for showing up.

No doubt @Fordy20 attended.

The complete opposite mate. I was so pissed off with their diabolical performance last week that I canned the trip and went to the movies last night instead of the game. When my phone was blowing up, I expected it to be from mates giving me shit and how bad the Tigers were. Imagine my surprise when I saw the score line.

It was a great performance to watch, even on replay. It would have been better to watch live, but that's a privilege for the true believers. Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp for next week.

Vic Mackey

Referee
What about when our own Tommy T burst onto the ball, into the clear and our 7 & 9 caught up to him in no time at all. Imagine the real Tommy T, running onto that ball, imagine JAC, imagine anyone other than our own backs.

That showed me that Tommy is wasted on the wing. Guy who can hit a hole like that should be further infield. Second row or lock for mine.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Still really concerned about our lack of defence. . . As shit as newy were last night they still put 4 tries on us

Easily our most complete attacking performance of the year though, funnily enough it came when controversial changes were made.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’d be ropeable if it were true that we put the kibosh on Talau being exchanged for JAC

Only because Knights were shithouse & were busted.Mbye will b exposed at 6 against most other teams.AD is glaringly the more superior 5/8.Will be interesting to see how long Maguire persists with today’s selections.

Wasn’t Mbye at 5/8 against Canberra in the first game with AD out suspended, JW then owned the WT in the second half with Mbye offering nothing.If he is going to stay at 5/8 he needs to straighten the attack in offence rather than just crabbing across field and shovelling the ball out wide when passing, as for his defence it’s below NSW cup standard.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wasn’t Mbye at 5/8 against Canberra in the first game with AD out suspended, JW then owned the WT in the second half with Mbye offering nothing.If he is going to stay at 5/8 he needs to straighten the attack in offence rather than just crabbing across field and shovelling the ball out wide when passing, as for his defence it’s below NSW cup standard.
Yep he was at 5/8 v raiders.Can’t wait to see him at 5/8 against a half decent team.The fact is that in our squad AD is the most competent at both 5/8 & centre.

If we had two of him we'd be a much better team.

Apart from his game stuff, he’s a role model otherwise.

He actually gives a f**k about the club like us.

He has a go everytime he wanders out.

That can’t be said for other players sadly.

We need his type, good footy players who want to drag us up by the bootstraps.

That’s why I am intolerant of people who question him. I won’t stand for it, except @stryker on the basis that he is family.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

That’s why I am intolerant of people who question him. I won’t stand for it, except @stryker on the basis that he is family.

Awesome player and yeah he seems like a good guy.

WA Tiger

Bench
I liked all our passing yesterday. It contributed to the win in such fasion, as much as any other reason.Long accurate passing amongst the backs, which I haven’t seen for as long as I can remember also they were fast passes to increase attacking opportunity’s…and balls were just hitting the spot and better, players were running onto the ball at speed. .

Laurie was always messing up his longer passes to the wing or centre earlier on this year.Yesterday all the passes were longer than usual and accurate.Tommy’s pass to Brooks was a beauty.I used to only pass with the no spiral pass although I wished I’d learnt how to spiral like they do now. That non spiral pass was a confident pass. Also Talau knows how to get tries in the corner. I didn’t mind his back flip pass that was missed by I think Laurie Lauri maybe should’ve been further back to collect the ball. It showed a level of cockiness that may eventually not seem out of place when he gets more confidence and the team too eventually

I saw Brooks attempt to grubber kick through a channel from 10 m out , It was too short but it looked like he had a bit more of a feel for what was going on and what to try- that’s a good sign. Although whos confidence wouldn’t explode playing inside Mbye

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade

I wouldn’t be confident to say anything you have said here is true.
Please provide the receipts to back your claims up.

I wouldn’t be confident to say anything you have said here is true.
Please provide the receipts to back your claims up.

Every time he plays, you should be washing your big mouth out with soap instead of dropping it in front of him buster.

I’m happy to discuss all things doogie once you reach an upright position.

The way things are looking now, the telephone pole company are looking to downgrade their hoe fleet and replace them with concrete @stryker gnomes.

So you’d best start ‘digging’ doogie!

Now calm down or we won’t be watching the finals together and I’ll have to give your seat to f**king @Rhyno.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Every time he plays, you should be washing your big mouth out with soap instead of dropping it in front of him buster.

I’m happy to discuss all things doogie once you reach an upright position.

The way things are looking now, the telephone pole company are looking to downgrade their hoe fleet and replace them with concrete @stryker gnomes.

So you’d best start ‘digging’ doogie!

Now calm down or we won’t be watching the finals together and I’ll have to give your seat to f**king @Rhyno.
So nothing specific?

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep he was at 5/8 v raiders.Can’t wait to see him at 5/8 against a half decent team.The fact is that in our squad AD is the most competent at both 5/8 & centre.
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/05/15/adam-doueihi-on-abc-grandstand/

Wests Tigers centre Adam Doueihi said he felt comfortable with his positional switch this from five-eighth to centre and was happy with the result that it helped deliver for his side at Magic Round.

Our next captain, surely.

stryker

First Grade

Latest posts