What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Who will win? Round 11: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Oh geez. I'm not so sure after the type of game Mann had, throwing him at fullback is a good idea.

If he can play safe with no errors and run well he'll have had a good game. Can't imagine how many times Green will throw him the ball and he'll kill the play and fail to put the centre or winger into space.

Yosh

Coach
I'm okay with Mann at the back. Don't expect him to do any play making but at least please show up every time we make a break or a forward gets his arm free.

Good to see Watson keep his role. He has been almost our best player this season, considering Ponga has only played like 8 minutes all season due to injury.

I don't want to move Watson to the back as he's bulked up to play in the middle and he's been a real spark when he comes on

Mann at fullback though jeezus. Dire stuff

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
Only 1 change made, none really Hunt out hurt Musgrove in smh

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Well I said it last week, if AOB couldn't make changes after that performance then I would really doubt he's THE guy to get us going.

You're telling all those blokes their performances are acceptable of keeping their first grade jersey. The reason they put in those performances is because they are so comfortable.

I understand his mentality of they now have the chance to rectify their poor performance but how long can you keep doing that? We'll just stay on that rollercoaster he referenced the way it's going.

slotmachine

First Grade
You're assuming that the side named is the one that runs out.

All that list tells me is that Hunt, KP and Lee are still injured.

Apey

Staff member
Tfw Blake Green is the big name on your extended bench. Kill me now.

PhilGould

Bench
It's depressing but there's not really anyone available to bring in. The most experienced players outside the 17 are Shibasaki and King, would anyone be cheering to see them back in?

I could see Tuala out for Sasagi but realistically shuffling through outside backs isn't going to get us anywhere while the forwards and halves are incompetent.

Sounds like Mann will play fullback with Green coming back in, still far from ideal but probably an upgrade on Hoy playing fullback.

Jono078

Referee
It's depressing but there's not really anyone available to bring in. The most experienced players outside the 17 are Shibasaki and King, would anyone be cheering to see them back in?
We are past the point of who can we bring in based on skill. We're at a point where we say you get your chance this week and you can keep it if you apply yourself and do your best as a teammate fighting to help the team win.

And yes, more than likely the team doesn't run out 1-17, but I still don't like it.

Loose Cannon

Bench
You're assuming that the side named is the one that runs out.

All that list tells me is that Hunt, KP and Lee are still injured.
I don’t think it will be run out side. I expect Green and possibly Sasagi will play. Would prefer if a statement was made and they were named 6 and 3 respectively. It’s pedantic, but wearing 1-17 needs to be earned, and deserved. A simple start to changing the culture of entitlement which is being claimed.

PhilGould

Bench
You can only pick players from your squad or development list, that cupboard is bare regardless of how bad the top squad is performing. We've got Josh King, Jack Johns and 2 20 year old props coming off the bench in NSW Cup available for if (when) our forwards shit the bed again.

Hopefully throwing young players into a terrible side before they're ready works better than it did under Brown.

Latest posts