What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 12: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nutz

Bench
I would be playing Staines at FB and Bula on the wing. Solomon out of place in RL.

WA Tiger

Bench
Galvin has lost complete confidence with the 5th tackle in goal kick after 3 consecutive kicks that have hit the dead ball line.. a couple from him and Sullivan including last week...,it was sad to see this ‘star’ decide to just take the tackle on the 5th in the first half.... This all stemmed from Benji telling him and Sullivan last week to do anything but give the opposition a 7 tackle set..so now they are nervous on it..interesting to see if either of them try it 2nd half.. I don’t like the action Galvin uses for that kick ..It’s like a last second hit and Hope snap kick rather than like api who finessed it through the gap

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
If Papa is out then this applies..... "the 18th man can be used when a player suffers a match-ending injury caused by foul play, in which the opposing player was either sin-binned or sent off for the game thru foul play. In this case we should use Lobb
to replace Solomon who is playing with a busted knee and can't accelerate??

Nutz

Bench
If Papa is out then this applies..... "the 18th man can be used when a player suffers a match-ending injury caused by foul play, in which the opposing player was either sin-binned or sent off for the game thru foul play. In this case we should use Lobb
to replace Solomon who is playing with a busted knee and can't accelerate??
:) it happened

Fordy20

Juniors
They made it hard for themselves giving the Cowboys a 20 point head start, but it was good that they put up a fight. Glad that Twal got a try and that Lobb got a run, but there weren't too many positives to take out of that game.

Tiger05

First Grade
They made it hard for themselves giving the Cowboys a 20 point head start, but it was good that they put up a fight. Glad that Twal got a try and that Lobb got a run, but there weren't too many positives to take out of that game.

I liked most of what Galvin did today. Staines has a go. Pole, Seyfarth and Twal are pretty good considering their fanfare and pay packets. Aliamoto had some shocking moments but he was also good in patches. I'm not writing off Feledy yet. Samuela Fainu is a quality edge backrower.

Pezz70

Juniors
I
It was never a game we were gonna win, I turned off before the two consolation tries, you can’t go into an NRL with two centres that aren’t even NSW Cup level and expect to win. There are better centres than both those blokes running around in gp6.

Nutz

Bench
Yeh, Alex is our try scoring weapon.
It's a pity that Lobb couldn't replace Solomon Alaimalo because Solomon was broken but he had to replace head knock Casey.
Lobb is a big solid winger and is good under the high ball.
I thought Feledy had a good run and Samuela Fainu continues to impress.

macnaz

Staff member
You can write 2025 and 26 off now if they’ve started another ‘rebuild’. If this revamp is anything like the media are pushing it’s at least three years before we see the results, premierships are not won in one season. More years of despair. Is Benji losing the plot? Why is Richo doing the recruiting?
Its never going to happen ... The place is a f**king shitshow ... Starting from Ashfield down.

Pezz70

Juniors
I liked most of what Galvin did today. Staines has a go. Pole, Seyfarth and Twal are pretty good considering their fanfare and pay packets. Aliamoto had some shocking moments but he was also good in patches. I'm not writing off Feledy yet. Samuela Fainu is a quality edge backrower.
I love Galvin he has got quality footballer written all over him, I am critical of the clubs management of the young fella though. He’s been exposed to too much too early imo. Not so bad if you’re winning games
But we aint

Tiger05

First Grade
I love Galvin he has got quality footballer written all over him, I am critical of the clubs management of the young fella though. He’s been exposed to too much too early imo. Not so bad if you’re winning games
But we aint

I don't know about that. He had a go today and I bet he feels good about his performance. I'd be playing every week assuming no injuries. Samuela is the same. These guys are performing to first grade standard. They'll know they are good enough.

Nutz

Bench
But we aint
Galvin is really showing he is benefiting from big minutes in the NRL and his stats are up there with the best.
If he was playing with, say the Roosters he'd be leading the DalyM's. We are not mishandling the guy.
For God's sake Pezz you need to get a grip mate.
He is learning each week, he's not getting bashed and he's fit as a fiddle.
Stop mollycoddling a future superstar.
If he's fatigued by making errors and not up to speed in D then I'll agree with you but he's not. Going to reserves will make your argument worse.
Any stuff ups he has made is because of the team as a whole and not him directly.
Did you see how he played in the second half when we started to go forward...awesome...was he fatigued...naaaa!!
If he's broken, which he's not then he has a week or two off, not go to KOE.

Nutz

Bench
I don't know about that. He had a go today and I bet he feels good about his performance. I'd be playing every week assuming no injuries. Samuela is the same. These guys are performing to first grade standard. They'll know they are good enough.
Well said mate, geez I can't understand some of these comments about resting the guy.

Latest posts