What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Raiders @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Our key players were just poor.

That Brooks comment annoys me and always has. I like Brooks and he was the best of our key players out there but he is one player and he doesn't own the team. He has to do his job well and he didn't do it well tonight.

Brooks was good in a poor side, no platform tonight!

Tiger05

First Grade
As for positives Nofo was probably our best player. Matterson was good as well. Aloiai and Mikaele dent the line.

Das Hassler

Bench
Benji wasn't to blame but he wasn't good. I don't know how anyone can think that Robbie should be our first choice hooker or get anymore than 40 minutes each game.

Robbie was so poor out there. He simply doesn't have any zip out of dummy half and we need a lot better.

Jetlag blues.....

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks was good in a poor side, no platform tonight!

He was alright. He definitely wasn't the problem.

The platform wasn't bad though. Our forwards didn't let us down. Robbie at dummy half is slow and his service isn't up to it. Brooks had some chances. To be fair to Brooks Lawrence dropped more than one pass that he should have taken that had him in some space.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I'm thinking I'll stick to my belief (posted a week or two) we will win another 5-6 games from the rest of the season.

And on that crap performance, it is probably being too hopeful.

The unknown

Juniors
Let's not forget knights were a much bigger rabble than us a couple years back

Now look at their roster and form.

magpie4ever

First Grade

The platform wasn't bad though. Our forwards didn't let us down. Robbie at dummy half is slow and his service isn't up to it. Brooks had some chances. To be fair to Brooks Lawrence dropped more than one pass that he should have taken that had him in some space.

Tiger05, just face it we are plain & simply shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Tiger05

First Grade
Jetlag blues.....

It's been obvious for a while that he lacks pace. It's not something new. He needs to go or at best be given much less game time. He wasn't the only problem in the spine though.

I hope Madge does something with our spine because there needs to be a massive improvement.

macnaz

Staff member
A very BIG LOL@Weststigers!!
That's really all we can do besides going insane.
Oh and WOW what a great new home ground.... 6 points for us and a whopping 79 against us there . so glad we are playing shitty Parra there at our home ground.... fmd what a disaster!

Das Hassler

Bench
Not offering it as a reason but the player swap stuff this week couldnt have helped the feel in the place. The week off never works for us

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, just face it we are plain & simply shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

We definitely aren't a top 4 team and the Raiders are.

I reckon we have something to work with though. Our outside backs are crap but our forwards are pretty good especially the younger guys like Aloiai, Twal and Mikaele. Liddle gives us some pace from dummy half but he needs a lot more game time. Our edge backrowers are good.

If we sign DWZ we get some pace and size in our outside backs.

The spine needs some changes. I like Brooks and Mbye in the halves with Thompson at 1 and Liddle at 9. At least that combo would have some speed.

Fordy20

Juniors
To me this year is a write off. I just want avoid the spoon and see Benji and Robbie make it to 300 starts before they retire. If we can offload some of the traps Ivan stitched us up with, then that would be a bonus.

stryker

First Grade
Our pack is crap. They are weak and small.
Not one member of our backline would play first grade currently if not for this club.
Piss poor effort after having 2 weeks to prepare against a club who have owned us for years. They did not have their strongest side and easily smashed ours.
Shameful.

Pezz70

Juniors

We weren’t watching the same game!! Their two props made more metres than our 8 forwards!!!!!!

4 of their forwards hit over 120m two of those got over 160. Our forwards got bashed no go forward at all, those stats say no platform to me. Canberra team runs totalled 1840m we were 1380, the biggest problem is the start of the sets. Our back three as I described in prior posts are pathetic coming out of our end. You can’t win games off the back of that, youre turning ball over at the end of the set 30-40 metres further up field then you should be. Impossible to win !!!

macnaz

Staff member
We weren’t watching the same game!! Their two props made more metres than our 8 forwards!!!!!!

4 of their forwards hit over 120m two of those got over 160. Our forwards got bashed no go forward at all, those stats say no platform to me. Canberra team runs totalled 1840m we were 1380, the biggest problem is the start of the sets. Our back three as I described in prior posts are pathetic coming out of our end. You can’t win games off the back of that, youre turning ball over at the end of the set 30-40 metres further up field then you should be. Impossible to win !!!
That's coaching.. one out 2 meters from the ruck is ,has and will get you no where. We did not alter from.that shit all game