What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Raiders @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Wests Tigers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simmo05

Bench
The club has never given a shit about ctown. They obviously still dont by playing at homebush and bankwest. Needs to be half at ctown, half at leichardt. To be ignoring one of the growth areas of sydney is bloody criminal, maybe they should just relocate to perth and be done with it

If players don’t have any desire or hunger to succeed than how do they expect to win, the Raiders were like Qld , they gave their all to produce a good result , the WT were more like NSW hoping to win without putting everything on the line for the win.

Vozzy

Juniors
Everyone always blames the spine players but our forwards against the raiders should all be giving their weekly pay packet to nofo. None of them were wanting to hit the ball up when working out of trouble Nofo was busting his ass. That was a game where after Twal dropped it tackle 1 our forwards like the parra game got soft. We lost that game in the forwards. The forwards were getting smashed in attack all night our backs were trying to do all the work and that's why the mistakes crept in. When your 5 hit ups are Nofo, masters, Mbye, Thompson and fonua every set u can't lay any platform at all. Ben Matilino should have a spell in reserves.

snorky

Tiger05

First Grade
Nofo has his faults but he definitely had a go the other night which is more than I can say for a number of his team mates, they virtually had two weeks off and delivered absolute tripe.

There is a lot of hate for him but he has a go basically every week. I think him and Thompson are our best wingers.

Not sure if the game plan was there. I could tell who was going to get the ball from the members area. Unless we are going to ask more questions in attack, the exercise becomes pointless. This business about the winger taking the ball up on the next set after a kick. There he is in the line, he’s not going to pass, and gets pulverised. There were a number of classic hospital passes. A few early kicks does not an attack make.

I was a bit troubled by the players expectations of Lawrence. I mean wasn’t he in some kind of induced coma with multiple plates in his head a few weeks ago and he’s leading by example, chasing tryscorers on the off chance of a fluff.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Not sure if the game plan was there. I could tell who was going to get the ball from the members area. Unless we are going to ask more questions in attack, the exercise becomes pointless. This business about the winger taking the ball up on the next set after a kick. There he is in the line, he’s not going to pass, and gets pulverised. There were a number of classic hospital passes. A few early kicks does not an attack make.

I was a bit troubled by the players expectations of Lawrence. I mean wasn’t he in some kind of induced coma with multiple plates in his head a few weeks ago and he’s leading by example, chasing tryscorers on the off chance of a fluff.
Rowdy is the only player in our squad who should/deserves to have the C next to his name.Hope the champion player/person stays injury free.

stryker

First Grade
Our pack isn't crap at all. Twal, Aloiai & Mikaele are all quality middle forwards. Eisenhuth isn't bad. Our edge backrowers in Matterson, Lawrence and Chee-Kam are good.

Our outside backs are pretty ordinary.

Our spine is a mess because Robbie and Mbye aren't performing. Benji and Reynolds aren't great options at 6 and Brooks is pretty good but not great ala Andrew Johns. We need Brooks to be like Johns considering the players we have around him.
We lost that game in the forwards as we do evertime we play an aggressive pack. We have a couple of decent individual forward performers, but as a pack they are close to the worst in the comp.

The game flattered Canberra. They scored three flukey tries but we got bashed up front and we're never in the game to win it.

I'm calling it now, f**k off Matulino and Packer for the best we can get and bring in some kids who want to have a crack. I don't give a f**k if they give a penalty every second tackle they make. Bash some merkins off the ball and trample them with it.

simmo05

Bench
The fact that some players are being shopped around has definately affected the team. When im given notice from an employer, my enthusiasm level plummets massively, as i am currently experiencing!

The fact that some players are being shopped around has definately affected the team. When im given notice from an employer, my enthusiasm level plummets massively, as i am currently experiencing!

Yes, I don’t blame you. Sorry about that.

I might add that Madge had a fair side in his first year a la 2012, a few tweaks here and there ...and a grand final a few years later. So that kind of suggests he has the capacity to switch players into win mode. But the tigers of 2019 present are well behind.

Perform or we will get someone who will.

If the team is winning, people will be moved to join it and attend games.

Playing talent is essentially the result of front and back office talent.

Get the best business people, the best recruiters, etc etc etc.

Last edited: