What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Parramatta @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Parramatta v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrotherJim05

Bench
This realistically is the game that will show if we have actually improved or whether we have just been lucky with players missing from the teams we have beaten.

I have zero confidence against Parra. They always find a way to just narrowly beat us when we should have won, or flog us back into reality.

Brooks is going to have to find another level. If he loses the momentum he has been building in his game then he will go backwards for the rest of the year and be on the back foot when Hastings joins pre-season. It really is make or break for him.

In order for Brooks to do this then our forwards are going to need to kick it up a gear. They need to play like it's an origin game and just absolutely smack Parra in the mouth. If they can do this then the game is winnable...but fk me it is a long shot given the talent they have across the park.

This realistically is the game that will show if we have actually improved or whether we have just been lucky with players missing from the teams we have beaten.

I have zero confidence against Parra. They always find a way to just narrowly beat us when we should have won, or flog us back into reality.

Brooks is going to have to find another level. If he loses the momentum he has been building in his game then he will go backwards for the rest of the year and be on the back foot when Hastings joins pre-season. It really is make or break for him.

In order for Brooks to do this then our forwards are going to need to kick it up a gear. They need to play like it's an origin game and just absolutely smack Parra in the mouth. If they can do this then the game is winnable...but fk me it is a long shot given the talent they have across the park.
Not greeting carried away but the tigers side that showed up last week bore little resemblance to the crud we saw at the start of the season.

The game prior saw some growth too.

If Brooks takes the opportunity to go back to his old incompetent ways we will really struggle.

I think the forwards are going well. Twal is playing for life and death these days. Oblivion tends to bring the best out in players. I think he’s going to continue to improve.

Last edited:

MasterTiger

Juniors
What I liked about Brookes effort last Friday night was his clear intention to game manage off the back of his running game. And what I mean about his running game is digging deep into the line with support. When he does this the team pushes up with him gaining forward momentum.

IMO the most important sign to come out of this upcoming game will be if the Tigers can maintain an attitude and commitment to make consistent effort plays throughout the game without losing discipline. If they do this but still happen to lose it makes it a little easier to accept.

If the boys are up to last weeks standard, we are a red hot chance.

Eels had a training run last week.

They will make excuses for our manslaughter of smug.

They have the game won in their heads.

The track will be slow and wet again.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Really hope the team performs well. The last few weeks have been that great feeling of winning. Parra will be a big test, let alone any assistance they may get from the refs. Have to say if we get the rough end of the pineapple after the examples of our match against Penrith and todays Roosters- Titans match with the non enforcement of head highs after the match our CEO should front the media in the post match presser and say we will see the onfield ref and officials, the ref boss and the NRL in court citing bias and favouritism instead of a supposedly level playing field. After all our CEO is the head of a well known legal firm- use it................... make the bastards sweat.

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Wests Tigers Coach Michael Maguire has updated his 19-man squad to take on the Parramatta Eels in their Round 14 clash.
Billy Walters is set to play his first NRL game since suffering an ACL injury in Round 13 last year after experienced playmaker Moses Mbye was ruled with a minor knee complaint.

Walters has been named at five-eighth and is set to partner Luke Brooks in the halves for Sunday’s clash at Bankwest Stadium.
Representative forward Joe Ofahengaue has been cleared to play on Sunday afternoon after he featured for Queensland in Wednesday night’s State of Origin clash in Townsville.
NRL development player Kelma Tuilagi drops out of the squad, while Michael Chee Kam and Jake Simpkin remain as reserves with a final 18-man side to be confirmed one hour prior to kickoff (3:05pm, Sunday).

Tiger05

First Grade
It'll be interesting how our forwards go today as well. Our bench is good but they have a great pack.

gordsy

Juniors
Let the kid play and bench Joe O, his deliberate effort to go low close to the line showed his true character.

Latest posts