What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 15: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Crossland played 80mins topped tackle count, why didn’t he get a break, use of bench has continuously been poor

Spot On

Coach
Man, watching that last try again, Saifiti wasn't alone. He was the worst, but Crossland and Elliot didn't make much of an effort either. Gassed, I guess.
There’s no doubt that try is all on Dan. Elliot went left from marker, held position in the line and should have had Dan beside him. But Saf decided to stand 5m behind the line for some stupid reason.

Im gonna give a shout out to Hetherington here. He hasnt shown much all year but last night he really put his hand up.

I was at the game so i might have not seen him miss any tackles etc but his hit ups, especially in our own half were stellar

Rod

Bench
Disappointing to get so close after such a good effort. A few things left to rue, even at the very end some cool heads and we could have scored. Best missed an open Marzhew and we should have taken the scrum after the penalty instead of tapping it with the Broncos defence spread.

The way the team and bench is structured there is absolutely no reason for Crossland to play 80. Surely a 50/30 split with Mann would be better for everyone. The team was gassed in the final 10, you could see it, whether that's excusable or not I don't know, it's probably partially due to all the scrambling they were doing up against a clearly more talented team.

I don't think goalkicking is the takeaway this week really. They were all tough ones, most teams don't have a kicker as good as Reynolds. I like the way Toohey worded it, it was the difference on the scoreboard but not the reason we lost.