What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 15: Brisbane v Newcastle

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Brisbane Broncos 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Watch late replay, dinner, wife etc, hate 5.30pm game.
Big effort, as good as a result that I expected, most played very well and try that beat us was exceptional.
Everyone should read this section from game start, some very poor comments from players trying hard.
Did Crossland play whole 80, I think he did, why wasn’t Mann used to relieve him. Goal kicking was ok considering where they were from, mostly wide. Yes DSaf has to get his act together, takes the ball virtually standing still.

Yosh

Coach
Hastings looked good kicking. Hopefully his leg is right to go now and he can practise during the week. Loved his play making tonight. Smart footballer. Kicked it awkwardly to force mistakes from their back three and used Ponga as a dummy on many occasions to good effect.

Gamble let the occasion get to him but forgivable because he has been great all year.

Ponga deserved his paycheck today.

Crossland was out on his feet again for the last 15 to 20 minutes. We lost because he just wasn't able to close up the middle towards the end of the game. Not his fault at all. If we had Randall still and used him to shore up the middle the last 15 minutes, I say we win that game.

Our whole back line has been wonderful for most of the season. Don't think we will ever see Miller again.

Dylan Lucas wasn't spectacular but for a quarter of the money Fitzy is on, I'd keep Lucas any day of the week.

Thompson and Dan should swap contracts.

I want to see more Croker. Seems like he plays less minutes that Hetherington (who was pretty good today).

Happy with the game. Who cares about the result. We play like that and we're gonna win 7 or 8 of the last 10 games of the season.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Gutted to lose that one but we were the better team for most of that game and it took a dodgy bounce + forward pass and followed by one of the tries of the year in the final minutes to beat us. If we play like that every week I’ll be a much more satisfied fan.

we played well for the most part. Just a side note does Gags have one of the best catch-pass games in the NRL? His ability to tip it on for his winger is outstanding.

Yosh

Coach
Gutted to lose that one but we were the better team for most of that game and it took a dodgy bounce + forward pass and followed by one of the tries of the year in the final minutes to beat us. If we play like that every week I’ll be a much more satisfied fan.

we played well for the most part. Just a side note does Gags have one of the best catch-pass games in the NRL? His ability to tip it on for his winger is outstanding.
He used to be known for his fantastic ability to set up the opposition winger. Glad he is setting up ours now.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wonder if Cam Smith might consider coming out of retirement?
There’s a bloke in Qld cup who’s 24 years old who was Qld cup hooker of the year and kicks goals at 78%, I surely hope the non signing of a hooker is a result of other teams not granting releases as opposed to our belief that we don’t need reinforcements

Apey

Staff member
Reminded me of the Panthers game. Score the same amount of tries (or more) against one of the best teams in the comp and lose. Yeah it feels good that we took a great team all the way but at the end of a season it just shows up as a L.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
There’s a bloke in Qld cup who’s 24 years old who was Qld cup hooker of the year and kicks goals at 78%, I surely hope the non signing of a hooker is a result of other teams not granting releases as opposed to our belief that we don’t need reinforcements
He played for Brisbane last night and was pretty bloody bad, so I don’t think this is the slam dunk signing you think it is.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a large chunk of the season with our 1st choice spine playing? I’d really like to see how we go if that ever happens.

Knight Tales

Juniors
if we make the finals we will be the very definition of Smokey. Cos we have pushed the top two side in this comp to the final moments and upset their rhythm in doing it. Something we are not used to seeing at all.

Apey

Staff member
Man, watching that last try again, Saifiti wasn't alone. He was the worst, but Crossland and Elliot didn't make much of an effort either. Gassed, I guess.