What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Cowboys @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 15: Knights v Cowboys

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex28

Coach
I know it isn't a great option but I'm just so disappointed in him. 2 rookies simply couldn't offer less at this point.
More inane rubbish...

Remember all the rookies we burnt through between Joey and Pearce?

Fortunately there are some smarter heads in the club. We have some halves that aren’t ready yet, and Pearce - whether you like it or not - will be really important in getting the likes of Phoenix ready.

The other thing is, who do we replace him with? Plenty of people bag him but I have not heard one viable solution in how we replace him with an upgrade next year.

So, what’s your plan champ?

Knight Vision

First Grade
listening to AOB in the presser he sounds keen to leave Crossland at 9 and look at other options for 5/8.

Sounds like he doesnt like making too many changes to the line up each week.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The other thing is, who do we replace him with? Plenty of people bag him but I have not heard one viable solution in how we replace him with an upgrade next year.
There isnt anyone to replace him, we just need to put the right halves partner there to compliment him IMO

Alex28

Coach
There isnt anyone to replace him, we just need to put the right halves partner there to compliment him IMO
I mean, I know that.

However others want to blow up our first finals series in 7 years by dropping him, and his solution is to put a couple of rookies in.

He’s not the best half in the comp, but he is nowhere near as bad as made out here...

I’m not a huge fan of Kurt at 6. He stifles Ponga at times and his kicking game isn’t strong enough to overcome what Pearce lacks.

But it’s pretty clear Kurt will be 6 and Phoenix will be 9.

Old dog

Juniors
Crossland is a half, predominately a 6. Mann is filling in at 9 and going very well, Green appears gone, we have a spine problem excluding Ponga at 1. Mann has been very good at 9, better than at 6. Pearce is 7, cost too much to change even if we had a change. Just solved 1, 7 & 9 so what about 6 and then 14. Candidates, Crossland, Hoy and Randall, seems Crossland has the greater experience at 6 in previous seasons and has been involved at 14, knows the plays familiar with game. Hoy and Randall haven’t been as involved over past weeks. So it’s Crossland at 6 leaving 14 which means Randall is front runner as covers 9 if Mann injured or required 6 or elsewhere. Wildcard Lino who is a bit Suss defensively but plays well against old side Warriors and kicks goals better than Ponga. Hoy may get call for left wing if Toa not right.

Apey

Staff member
listening to AOB in the presser he sounds keen to leave Crossland at 9 and look at other options for 5/8.

Sounds like he doesnt like making too many changes to the line up each week.

It wouldn't surprise me. The service was much, much better with Crossland at 9. But what's his plan for Mann then? 6 or 14?

mozza91

Coach
Facebook is saying Klemmer charged with crusher tackle

2 weeks with early plea
Might as well take the early plea.

When was the last time a Knights player got a charge downgraded at the judiciary? f**king years ago.