What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 15 vs Gold Coast @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 15: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Horrible game but hey, we gutsed it out which is something we never do. Our scramble defence was actually really good, we gave up line breaks but always got numbers back and handled them in the 20 fairly well.

IM really liking Pole and Matamua lately, they seem a great one/two punch.

Sezer is really important to this team, it stood out to me how much we missed him the last 4 weeks.

Really happy that guys like TDS, Mason, Miller, Fainus etc got to experience the win.

Lets hope they can back it up next week at Campeblltown.

Horrible game but hey, we gutsed it out which is something we never do. Our scramble defence was actually really good, we gave up line breaks but always got numbers back and handled them in the 20 fairly well.

IM really liking Pole and Matamua lately, they seem a great one/two punch.

Sezer is really important to this team, it stood out to me how much we missed him the last 4 weeks.

Really happy that guys like TDS, Mason, Miller, Fainus etc got to experience the win.

Lets hope they can back it up next week at Campeblltown.
Seyfarth hit some really high notes. I’m hoping it’s a bit of a breakout game for him, give him some confidence to keep on with it. He looked very un-Seyfarth, good stuff.

Sam was looking pretty eager too.

Benji selects on effort, I wonder how many of the side will back up?

Olam looks pretty settled with us after quite a few questions when we picked him up.

Benji talking about effort over game plan spooked me a bit. Maybe I’m over-reading it.

As Des said, we hung in there, a lot of scrambling and against all odds some actual luck.

Line breaks are potent, but our D was there. Apis little tip ankle tackle that time, that was a massive play. Crowd loved it.

You would have picked up that we still have some passing issues (not in the sweet spot) and it’s not confined to just a few players.

Apis little delayed passing near there try line, they were on high alert for it.

I appreciate Foran was frustrated, but he had a few tough moments ( although not when he tore through us).

And for a bit of reality check, he played well, but some of salads kicks didn’t quite travel as intended.We still need more speed and deception in attack. Too much telegraphing.

Good for the boys to get some relief from losing, long overdue.

Hopefully Benji can maintain the rage.

The better side won on the day, but I saw more than a few forward passes and some offside d …that made me blush!

That’s the beauty of watching the game live, a lot of senses are aroused you can’t get on telly. Prices a bit out of hand for the privilege tbh!! I’m glad we won!

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the game now.
I realise the tits aren’t going much better than us over the season, but our young blokes certainly aren’t looking out of place, I think the future is looking bright. Just not atm:(

I think we have a total of 3 games experience on the bench.
Compared to the Titans 400?
I think a lot of people said that if we are playing the young blokes, we are in trouble, but also, it’s about next season.

Hopefully we avoid the spoon this year, but looking forward to seeing what happens for the rest of the season and next year.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Seyfarth hit some really high notes. I’m hoping it’s a bit of a breakout game for him, give him some confidence to keep on with it. He looked very un-Seyfarth, good stuff.

Sam was looking pretty eager too.

Benji selects on effort, I wonder how many of the side will back up?

Olam looks pretty settled with us after quite a few questions when we picked him up.

Benji talking about effort over game plan spooked me a bit. Maybe I’m over-reading it.

As Des said, we hung in there, a lot of scrambling and against all odds some actual luck.

Line breaks are potent, but our D was there. Apis little tip ankle tackle that time, that was a massive play. Crowd loved it.

You would have picked up that we still have some passing issues (not in the sweet spot) and it’s not confined to just a few players.

Apis little delayed passing near there try line, they were on high alert for it.

I appreciate Foran was frustrated, but he had a few tough moments ( although not when he tore through us).

And for a bit of reality check, he played well, but some of salads kicks didn’t quite travel as intended.We still need more speed and deception in attack. Too much telegraphing.

Good for the boys to get some relief from losing, long overdue.

Hopefully Benji can maintain the rage.

The better side won on the day, but I saw more than a few forward passes and some offside d …that made me blush!

That’s the beauty of watching the game live, a lot of senses are aroused you can’t get on telly. Prices a bit out of hand for the privilege tbh!! I’m glad we won!
Was that you in the Tiger suit? Hahaha

Pezz70

Juniors
It was a game where both sides had their most reliable 3 or 4 players out, a NSW cup level game really, but it’s still nice for the boys to have a win, show some grit, and give some young blokes a go prior to next year. I can’t see a way out of our conundrum tbh. We have to start from the bottom up, the NSW cup side is a disaster have a look at the points differential for them. A winning culture needs to be club wide. I think I’d be sacking Payne next year and moving John Morris into that role. They should be running the exact same frame work in attack
And defence as the NRL side (which I’m sure they probably are) I’d think about asking Klemmer, Sezer and Naden to take up two year contracts as NSW Cup players to help bring the young fellas up to standard, there are too many blokes that are no chance of playing NRL in our cup side they need to gone.

DJDL

Bench
Enjoy the win, Tigs fans.
After the shit show my lot dished up on Thursday night, you guys made my weekend.

You look to have some decent players coming through too.
They might be a couple of years away, but there's promising signs ahead.

Jordan Miller, in particular, looks to be the type of player you need up front.
I'd be belting him in the offseason to get his weight down to ~120kg and get more minutes out of him.
But I like the look of him.

Anyway, I'm happy to see you guys climb off the bottom of the ladder.
Especially seeing you took your spot :)

WA Tiger

Bench
Piss me off to have missed the game. Only saw shorts ..Samuellas run 2nd half running over Forun. . From behind I couldn’t tell who it was but shit he’s got some speed as well. We’ve missed that hard running with real class Tawera Nikau like loose forward, ...I saw it on his debut as well
Or was that the other one debuting..Anyway ..Love the Fainu boys!!..They will be a big part of us getting into the 8

Das Hassler

Bench
I’d think about asking Klemmer, Sezer and Naden to take up two year contracts as NSW Cup players to help bring the young fellas up to standard

I've also been thinking that would be a good idea for Sezer...he seems pretty relaxed about the point of his career he's in and would be invaluable as a backup for first grade

Nutz

Bench
I've also been thinking that would be a good idea for Sezer...he seems pretty relaxed about the point of his career he's in and would be invaluable as a backup for first grade
Sezer certainly has some class about him. I thought he'd be the right fit at half and Jarome at ⅝ but Lachlan is staying and Budd says he's going nowhere so let the battle begin I guess.